It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anyone managed to get this working in 1920x1080 yet?

I've tried altering the ini file, but it doesn't make any difference?

Thanks
This question / problem has been solved by sulfuriousimage
iscagog: Has anyone managed to get this working in 1920x1080 yet?

Thanks
You must open the game and change one of the graphics settings. After that, Width and Height should appear near the top of the INI file. You can then change the values. If you launch the game and it's on 16:9 and not 4:3 (in-game, the menu will stay at 4:3), it worked.

You can also change the FOV so it does not look weird, but you have to change the executable with an hex editor (as the free HxD). It is explained here: https://www.wsgf.org/dr/dungeon-siege. You might want to save a copy before doing the change.

The value to search wasn't the same for me as in the page (at least the end). But you should find it where there is 00 00 F0 41 00 00 70 42. replace 00 00 70 42 by 3a 5b 96 42 and save the file. But familiarize yourself with the main menu as it will flip the options :/. Though by hovering them, you will have the desc ription so you should be able to navigate in it without much problems.

I hope it's clear enough, english isn't my mother tongue.

EDIT: There's also a mod to change the resolution, improve the drawing distance, etc. https://www.moddb.com/games/dungeon-siege/downloads/seefar2020-increased-draw-distance-and-minor-improvements
It's the same guy who did the improved textures.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by sulfurious

Thanks
Yes i modified the ini file as sated be aware that that does not change the main menu resolution
at 1080p my game now runs at 14-25 fps... on a gtx 980

width = 1920
height = 1080
Thanks very much - seems to work once I made a change to the settings in-game
Just go to Start->Dungeon Siege->DirectX Settings and select your resolution.
badatvidyagames: Just go to Start->Dungeon Siege->DirectX Settings and select your resolution.
Oh, I didn't see those options. It's indeed the simplest solution.

Thanks
Battery86: Yes i modified the ini file as sated be aware that that does not change the main menu resolution
at 1080p my game now runs at 14-25 fps... on a gtx 980

width = 1920
height = 1080
For some reason at 1080p, it uses the wrapper. Which costs a lot of performance even though the game can run it natively. If you guys want to give it a shot try the following:

Backup these files in your DS1 installation folder :"ddraw.dll","dxcfg.exe" and "dxcfg.ini" somewhere and then delete all 3 of them. After that put this in the games startup command line: "nointro=true width=1920 height=1080 bpp=32"

I get 100-144fps with that on a gtx1070. Resolutions higher than that are only possible with some kind of wrapper though. If it's the included here or dgvoodoo2, fps will drop down to 13-30 at 1440p. Also the ui doesn't scale either. It gets unplayable.
Post edited June 01, 2020 by Nizidramaniiyt83