It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Probes! This patch adds probes to allow the player another way to explore space and planets, adds new models for the nexus objects, and fixes a few other more minor issues.

0.828 change list:

* added probe components (bays like fighters, can explore space and planets)
* added new model/textures for the nexus objects
* fixed a crash that can happen when exchanging components and your hotbar is full (RoanokeKeeper)
* doubled resources (like Photosynth & Quantumite) value (Eris Shrugged)
* now monsters in dimensional pockets should spawn away from wormhole location (gou)
* added average knowledge level to race highlight
* origin of plasma shots now has a bit of random jitter so shots aren't always bunched up (Eris Shrugged)
* added some text to resources (like Photosynth & Quantumite) that they are only useful to the races (Vassago)
* now show mutual protection and alliance options when you are an overlord of another race
i get no update notification in my game library. offline installer still is 0.827.
That's strange. I just checked and everything looks correct on my end and looks like all previous updates.
Probes? Cool. Hope they get cloaking or some such.

I always found traveling around the little map ovals of Drox operative to find the star-routes to other systems rather annoying-ish. It took literal minutes of real life time to accomplish. Because of which, I found out that on any map that wasn't tiny/small I would spend far too much time doing that to only find the routes between star systems and not doing much else, within that time with entire quest-having civs could be destroyed before I got to them or some such.

I had an idea for that: probes that are cloaked and zip about real fast (perhaps 600+ prefer 1000+ drox 1 speed)and can find such routes for me. I would rather those probes be consumable like Potions are in Din's Whatever.

My Idea is that they would split up and when they reach each other on the other side of the "system" oval the cloak dissipates and they slow down to "standard top speed" search for planets/etc then get blown up by "space roaches" cause not cloaked or w.e.

I'd have them be usable at level 1 and have no other upgrades just be 'that good' at level 1 and used by nations to to scout. (unless you need to upgrade the cloaking or something, still rather have them be undetectable until they reach each other, maybe then the cloaking+speed downgrades to w/e level it is)

Although it could be that only drox has them and you can be given quests to do a "system drone" scan for a empire? Dunno.

Maybe a routes (only star-routes) are mapped start option? (doesn't have to include planets) wouldn't mind if it lowered exp I'd probably always have it on
(It'd make sense to me if the Drox knew where they were, even if no-one else did.. thought maybe ancients?)

A fully mapped option wouldn't be bad either... Perhaps make that modifiable at least? So that someone could make a mod that does it if you don't want to change it.

I haven't played drox 2 yet though, so I don't know if there are such star-routes between ovals yet, or ovals at all. I'll be buying the game soon.

sorry if patronizing cause no star routes xD
Post edited December 20, 2020 by NobleNoob
I just found and tried a couple probes of the new probes, but it's not obvious to me what they do.
I'm so happy you're regularly updating this title. I've enjoyed all of your games.

Funny true story: I was concerned a moment ago because I accidentally went to the Drox Operative forum and saw that the last update was several years ago. I found this jarring and confusing for a hot minute before realizing where I was.