It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Edit: Title should say 1.0034A not 1.0032A.

Firstly if you try this I am not responsible for your save games not working, computer blowing up, nuclear Armageddon, whatever. Also don't expect GOG staff to help you out if everything does go wrong since I doubt this is on the list of things they support. It's just I tried it and it seemed to work and I thought I'd share it with you all but backup your old installation just in case.

I'm running 64bit Windows 7. I assume that step 2.) 32bit windows users should ignore the "Wow6432Node" bit of the registry path but I haven't tested it. It'd be helpful if someone could confirm that. If you don't know whether you're running 32 or 64 bit Windows then you shouldn't be doing this.

1.) Download the patch from http://www.larian.com/Site/fix/DivPatch_English.exe.

2.) You'll notice that if you try to run the installer it won't find the game. Open up regedit using the run dialog in the start menu and typing in regedit.

3.) Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Divine Divinity" (see comment above) right click on the key and click Export. Save the file to somewhere.

4.) Open up the file you just created with a text editor. You can do this by right clicking on it and selecting Edit.

5.) Add the text "CDV Software Entertainment AG\" in both the sections enclosed in [ ]. They should now look something like

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CDV Software Entertainment AG\Divine Divinity]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CDV Software Entertainment AG\Divine Divinity\English]

6.) Save the file and import it back into the registry by double clicking it and accepting the prompts.

7.) Run the installer. It should report that it competed successfully but if you run the game you'll still have version 1.005A.

8.) Go to the directory you installed Divine Divinity in. You should find a sub directory called "Run". Copy the contents of that directory and overwrite the files in the parent directory with them. You can delete the Run directory afterwards.

9.) Run the game. You should see version 1.0034A in the bottom right. We're done!

The only adverse effect I've seen so far is that the title screen is no longer centred. Everything else seems fine. That said I've not played the game though yet. If I find any major problems then I'll let you know. Have fun!
Post edited December 12, 2010 by Ithixil
^ that patch was meant for retail release. GOG version has the latest digital patch already, as you can easily read at Larian forums.

Not to mention, that actually 1.005 > 1.003x
Post edited December 12, 2010 by Thiev
Thiev is correct - the patch lists as 1.34 on the internet, but it displays ingame as 1.0034A, and is older (about 6 years) than the version 1.005A sold by GOG.

And Ithixil, you may find you've reintroduced bugs that were fixed by 1.005A (eg spinning characters).
Post edited December 12, 2010 by Kezardin
As Thiev and Kezardin stated above - You really DO NOT want to do this . . . =)

Ver 1.005A is the current and best version for the GOG release and several patches above ver 1.0034A (or 1.34).
That's odd, I found a couple of bug in game like ranger sight on a weapon incrementing the skill every time the weapon was equipped that Larian Studios claimed to have fixed in version 1.33 and I was unable to save after the cut scene where Zombie Jake kidnapped Elora. The game eventually threw up an error message about it. I haven't seen them since despite having tried both again. Perhaps they just didn't manifest this time.

I shall defer to the wisdom of the greater masses. Thank you for your comments.
Post edited December 18, 2010 by Ithixil
Ithixil: ....
If you are running the retail version (installed from a disk) ignore the following . . . =)

If you are experiencing some bugs (there are a few even in V1.5) make sure you have done the following:

If running Win 7 / Vista -

Install as an administrator. (right click setup.exe, click "Run as an administrator"
Turn UAC off before installing.
Install in a directory outside of Program Files. (i.e. C:\Games)
Right click the game shortcut, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab and check mark "Run this program as an administrator".

For all OS's :
Also you need to have the latest video drivers as the older drivers can cause some problems with DD.

Click here for ATI
Click here for Nvidia

Edit: If you are running Win 7 / Vista and did not follow the steps above you may need to reinstall to get the best game install. Normally, I would tell you to backup your saves first but since ver 1.5 does not recognizes ver 1.34 saves it may not be possible in your case.

Anyway, make sure you uninstall the game first and delete any directories / files under C:\Program Files(xx)\GOG.com\Divine Divinity BEFORE reinstalling the game.

Hope this is not necessary . . . =)
Post edited December 18, 2010 by Stuff
Kezardin: Thiev is correct - the patch lists as 1.34 on the internet, but it displays ingame as 1.0034A, and is older (about 6 years) than the version 1.005A sold by GOG.

And Ithixil, you may find you've reintroduced bugs that were fixed by 1.005A (eg spinning characters).
Yeah it returns some bugs introduced by the widescreen support (of v1.004A) such as inability to interact with certain objects (eg some staircases) and 'spinning' NPCs. Its best to stick with v1.005A.
Post edited January 08, 2016 by theunbeholden
Kezardin: Thiev is correct - the patch lists as 1.34 on the internet, but it displays ingame as 1.0034A, and is older (about 6 years) than the version 1.005A sold by GOG.

theunbeholden: Yeah it returns some bugs introduced by the widescreen support (of v1.004A) such as inability to interact with certain objects (eg some staircases) and 'spinning' NPCs. Its best to stick with v1.005A.
more about the complicated version history of DD here
Post edited January 14, 2016 by shaddim
Hello, I'm a retard.

I don't have the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Divine Divinity". Mine is in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\GOG.com\Games\...etc". I tried exporting that one and swapping out the two [] enclosed fields (1 - aforementioned address and 2 - [GOG.com]) with the ones suggested in OP. Patch .exe doesn't detect my installation, though. Presumably the key points to all the right places so if the .exe finds the expected registry structure I don't get why it shouldn't work. What might I be doing wrong?
pavik: What might I be doing wrong?
I can't help you with the procedure, but I would like to ask you some questions.
Have you read the second post of this thread? Are you aware that you are actually downgrading the game to an older version? Do you know that the version currently sold on GOG is not 1.005A anymore but 1.0061A?
I ran into a bug that broke the rivertown plague quest chain. According to 1.0034A patch notes that bug should be fixed already. I bet patching the game wouldn't actually fix my problem, though, as the damage is already done. If only there was a way to spawn in specific npc or keys - I saw some mention of it in an archived larian forums thread but it only points to a dead link.
pavik: I ran into a bug that broke the rivertown plague quest chain. According to 1.0034A patch notes that bug should be fixed already. I bet patching the game wouldn't actually fix my problem, though, as the damage is already done. If only there was a way to spawn in specific npc or keys - I saw some mention of it in an archived larian forums thread but it only points to a dead link.
Is it tipsix's key you are missing?
The very one.
pavik: The very one.
What you have to do, is drop all of your equipped items and inventory, including stuff in storage chests on the ground, then save the game with nothing in your inventory.
Then replace the 6 files in your saved game with these ones https://www.dropbox.com/s/roay2cpe734msgd/TipsixKey.zip?dl=0
That will put the key in your inventory and you just have to pick up all your stuff from the ground.
Post edited October 16, 2022 by olnorton
Thank you so much. That worked perfectly.