It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, just purchased this game. Downloaded it, and as I ran it, Sophos antivirus stopped it's execution citing it to be a virus.

Read somewhere this had been addressed by the developer a while back, and yet?

If anyone can shed some light on the matter I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
freu: Hi, just purchased this game. Downloaded it, and as I ran it, Sophos antivirus stopped it's execution citing it to be a virus.

Thanks.
The version on GOG is the 1.2 version, which as far as I can tell is the same as the Steam version, so if this particular issue is addressed on Steam then that should also apply to the GOG version. I haven't noticed any weird behavior by the game, but if you're worried about the file you may want to start a support ticket.
freu: Hi, just purchased this game. Downloaded it, and as I ran it, Sophos antivirus stopped it's execution citing it to be a virus.

Thanks.
Fortuk: The version on GOG is the 1.2 version, which as far as I can tell is the same as the Steam version, so if this particular issue is addressed on Steam then that should also apply to the GOG version. I haven't noticed any weird behavior by the game, but if you're worried about the file you may want to start a support ticket.
Thanks Forkut, I'll check out what they have to say over at Steam forums. Not sure why the alert say 5.5.3 though. I'll report back, and/or otherwise, I'll start a support ticket. Best.

PS. A little more info on the issue as identified by Sophos:
'CallerCheck' exploit prevented in Darkwood.exe
Sophos Home has taken immediate action to protect your computer. You can see the result and any additional steps that need to be taken by logging into your Sophos Home Dashboard.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by freu
freu: Thanks Forkut, I'll check out what they have to say over at Steam forums. Not sure why the alert say 5.5.3 though. I'll report back, and/or otherwise, I'll start a support ticket. Best.

Sophos Home has taken immediate action to protect your computer. You can see the result and any additional steps that need to be taken by logging into your Sophos Home Dashboard.
No problem! I couldn't find anything related to a CallerCheck exploit on Steam myself so it may be a false positive, though I might have overlooked something and can't say that for certain. I've also never used Sophos before so I don't know whether it is known for being overly aggressive with games, or whether there's a problem with the file that others have overlooked. I hope it works out either way.
Post edited November 08, 2018 by Fortuk
freu: Thanks Forkut, I'll check out what they have to say over at Steam forums. Not sure why the alert say 5.5.3 though. I'll report back, and/or otherwise, I'll start a support ticket. Best.

Fortuk: No problem! I couldn't find anything related to a CallerCheck exploit on Steam myself so it may be a false positive, though I might have overlooked something and can't say that for certain. I've also never used Sophos before so I don't know whether it is known for being overly aggressive with games, or whether there's a problem with the file that others have overlooked. I hope it works out either way.
Thank you, I'm still at the ofice, but I'll try again later today. Best.