It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I need some help. I click the game, and nothing starts up. No menu, no error, nothing. Any help on how to start this game would be appreciated.

Windows 7

Offline Version.
I'm having the Same exact issue. You would think that after several months of pushing a game back would work out any and all bugs that would prevent us from, you know, actually Playing the game.

It's as if when I try and start it, the game instantly crashes, and the crash reporter tries to start up and report the crash, but crashes as well. Tried launching it directly from the folder and that was how I figured that one out. So yeah, I'd like to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt, but this is a glaring flaw in the game design. I mean if people that refuse to downgrade to Win10 from Win7 like myself want to play a game, but can't, because of this, after it was advertised that it would work on Win7, well I'm pretty sure that's false advertisement isn't it.

Had such high hopes for this game, but those hopes are being quickly blown away by this pathetic release. I remember a time when a game being released in this state would have meant a near death sentence for the company.
low rated
First of all, oh goood get rid of that ridiculously old Windows 7 and start to use the modern (and the best) Windows 10.
JonSnow88: I'm having the Same exact issue. You would think that after several months of pushing a game back would work out any and all bugs that would prevent us from, you know, actually Playing the game.

It's as if when I try and start it, the game instantly crashes, and the crash reporter tries to start up and report the crash, but crashes as well. Tried launching it directly from the folder and that was how I figured that one out. So yeah, I'd like to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt, but this is a glaring flaw in the game design. I mean if people that refuse to downgrade to Win10 from Win7 like myself want to play a game, but can't, because of this, after it was advertised that it would work on Win7, well I'm pretty sure that's false advertisement isn't it.

Had such high hopes for this game, but those hopes are being quickly blown away by this pathetic release. I remember a time when a game being released in this state would have meant a near death sentence for the company.
Hopefully they will put a patch or a fix out in a bit. They weren't working on PC problems when the game was pushed back this entire time. Their entire effort was trying to make it run on the consoles, since they can't get it fixed like a PC could. Just frustrating because my brother is playing the game, and he has windows 10 and, I have windows 7.
EchoOfMidgar: First of all, oh goood get rid of that ridiculously old Windows 7 and start to use the modern (and the best) Windows 10.
Funny how, Anyone that doesn't want to sell out to win10, people only ever show up saying " Get Win 10" constantly rather than trying to help or fix the problem. Fix - No, Help - No, Just jams win10 down your throat.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Whereaminow25
low rated
JonSnow88: I'm having the Same exact issue. You would think that after several months of pushing a game back would work out any and all bugs that would prevent us from, you know, actually Playing the game.

Whereaminow25: Hopefully they will put a patch or a fix out in a bit. They weren't working on PC problems when the game was pushed back this entire time. Their entire effort was trying to make it run on the consoles, since they can't get it fixed like a PC could. Just frustrating because my brother is playing the game, and he has windows 10 and, I have windows 7.
EchoOfMidgar: First of all, oh goood get rid of that ridiculously old Windows 7 and start to use the modern (and the best) Windows 10.
Whereaminow25: Funny how, Anyone that doesn't want to sell out to win10, people only ever show up saying " Get Win 10" constantly rather than trying to help or fix the problem. Fix - No, Help - No, Just jams win10 down your throat.
Well if you used Windows 10, you would not have this problem. But sure, if I could help you, I woud already have. So sorry about that.
Whereaminow25: Hopefully they will put a patch or a fix out in a bit. They weren't working on PC problems when the game was pushed back this entire time. Their entire effort was trying to make it run on the consoles, since they can't get it fixed like a PC could. Just frustrating because my brother is playing the game, and he has windows 10 and, I have windows 7.

Funny how, Anyone that doesn't want to sell out to win10, people only ever show up saying " Get Win 10" constantly rather than trying to help or fix the problem. Fix - No, Help - No, Just jams win10 down your throat.
EchoOfMidgar: Well if you used Windows 10, you would not have this problem. But sure, if I could help you, I woud already have. So sorry about that.
Well that's a lie, i have win10 as well as other people and we stillc can't get the game to launch.
EchoOfMidgar: Well if you used Windows 10, you would not have this problem. But sure, if I could help you, I woud already have. So sorry about that.
Teraris: Well that's a lie, i have win10 as well as other people and we stillc can't get the game to launch.
Yeah you just gotta love people going like. "Oh just get Windows 10 ya dummy." as if that's an end all be all solution. Not only is Win10 inferior in every way. But it's the principle of the matter. If it's advertised to run on Win7, I expect it to run on Win7. XD
I'm also using Windows7 x64 offline and it works.

Be sure you have the newest (before support stop) Windows Updates and newest nvidia gpu driver.
russellskanne: I'm also using Windows7 x64 offline and it works.

Be sure you have the newest (before support stop) Windows Updates and newest nvidia gpu driver.
Out of curiosity does your game crash after about an hour of play?
I'm on win7x64 with a 2070s and raytracing turned off.

Updating the driver fixed the start up crashing, but after about an hour of gameplay, it crashes the entire graphics driver and requires a system reboot to fix.
I think it's some sort of memory leak.
I am running Windows 7-64 on an old I7-3770k with a 1070 video card. Updated video card drivers. Every other game I have works, but not Cyberpunk. Most often it causes the video driver to stop (eg. crash) and I loose my main monitor (I have a dual monitor setup). It sometimes does this right when I get to the character creator. Sometimes I can create a character, but when I get into the game my entire PC freezes and it requires a hard reboot. The keyboard becomes completely un-responsive, even the cap locks key doesn't light up the LED.

I actually installed Galaxy to try it and see how it works with the game. I prefer the stand alone versions actually.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by scrubjay09
Teraris: Well that's a lie, i have win10 as well as other people and we stillc can't get the game to launch.
JonSnow88: Yeah you just gotta love people going like. "Oh just get Windows 10 ya dummy." as if that's an end all be all solution. Not only is Win10 inferior in every way. But it's the principle of the matter. If it's advertised to run on Win7, I expect it to run on Win7. XD
Agree. I'm tired of these perpetual assertions of Windows 10 'superiority'. I don't seem to recall persistent issues with mandatory updates breaking people's systems with 7. But it's a persistent problem with 10.
russellskanne: I'm also using Windows7 x64 offline and it works.

Following your advice I decided to double check my updates in 7, installed the few I didn't have, and ran. And it worked... once. I stopped the game so I could restart and actually customize my character only to find myself exactly where I have been since yesterday. I'm mostly focused on the nomad path, and the further-est I can get is tearing off the patch on my jacket before the game crashed to desktop. :/

This is getting REALLY frustrating. I never pre-order games, but I did this one because I'm so into the Cyberpunk genre but at this point I'm regretting it. This game really shouldn't have been released if it's in this piss-poor state.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Noishkel
Got it working, I had to update Nividia, ( THE CORRECT Graphics drivers ) and boom, it plays, but crashes after 1 hour. So I exit right before crash, start game back up and BOOM another hour, and repeat