It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anakin-Skywalker: They released The Witcher 3, their best selling game by far that has all of its content DRM free, are you so caught up in your conspiracy theories that you are just going to assume they will do that to cyberpunk?
That was back in 2015 and yes, W3 was DRM free, available to access, pre-load and do whatever your heart desires on Galaxy or offline. Fast forward to 2020 and things are not quite as straightforward. Hence lets see what the future brings.
a2055: I would not have as big of an issue with your comment...if you didn't insinuate that the person who actually understands what legal and technical framework you live in is wearing a tin-foil hat for understanding actual knowledge. Windows has moved away from selling you a product, to licensing you a "service" which exists in extremely vague legal space. Steam and other DRM based distributors also do the same. You are now broadly paying companies money...for absolutely nothing at all. There is no set ownership you have over any digital product any longer, because it's no longer a product, it's a "service". He's not wearing the tin-foil hat, you're just wearing a blindfold and pretending not to see things right in front of you.
Anakin-Skywalker: The very concept of ownership in the digital world is completely different than it was 20 or 30 years ago, and the faster we understand that, the better.
It is ABSOLUTELY not better to allow people to give money to companies for absolutely no reason whatsoever. You have not given a reason for why it is better here, and it is not better. Your argument is "you are in a bad situation, and the quicker you make peace with being in a bad situation the better" NO, the quicker you get OUT of this situation the better, the quicker you realize in how much crap you're standing the better.

It's really remarkable that people like you exist who will actually shill for companies they receive no money from, who are damaging their customers (I say customers, more like tax payers), saying we should make peace with this pricing model that 1 does not need to exist 2 did not exist in the longest time 3 is a legal aberration allowing companies to mis-name their products "services" and to accept money from people who don't understand that they are not buying a product that they actually own.
Anakin-Skywalker: They released The Witcher 3, their best selling game by far that has all of its content DRM free, are you so caught up in your conspiracy theories that you are just going to assume they will do that to cyberpunk?
midrand: That was back in 2015 and yes, W3 was DRM free, available to access, pre-load and do whatever your heart desires on Galaxy or offline. Fast forward to 2020 and things are not quite as straightforward. Hence lets see what the future brings.
It never gets better, it only gets worse unless people rise up who stop this.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by a2055
Anakin-Skywalker: The very concept of ownership in the digital world is completely different than it was 20 or 30 years ago, and the faster we understand that, the better.
a2055: It is ABSOLUTELY not better to allow people to give money to companies for absolutely no reason whatsoever. You have not given a reason for why it is better here, and it is not better. Your argument is "you are in a bad situation, and the quicker you make peace with being in a bad situation the better" NO, the quicker you get OUT of this situation the better, the quicker you realize in how much crap you're standing the better.

It's really remarkable that people like you exist who will actually shill for companies they receive no money from, who are damaging their customers (I say customers, more like tax payers), saying we should make peace with this pricing model that 1 does not need to exist 2 did not exist in the longest time 3 is a legal aberration allowing companies to mis-name their products "services" and to accept money from people who don't understand that they are not buying a product that they actually own.
midrand: That was back in 2015 and yes, W3 was DRM free, available to access, pre-load and do whatever your heart desires on Galaxy or offline. Fast forward to 2020 and things are not quite as straightforward. Hence lets see what the future brings.
a2055: It never gets better, it only gets worse unless people rise up who stop this.
I really think you are projecting your own level of interest in this topic on me. I really have no interest whatsoever on this level of 'ownership', I get the item, I enjoy it and I move on. Me and literally everyone else, except a few individuals such as yourself that despite they complain about all of these things continue to buy those products and sponsoring the very behaviour they despise - which is painfully ironical and hipocritical

This is just how things are becoming and there is no level of protesting or complaining that is going to change that because this is the way companies are making money, I would love to see great budget games flop because the millions of prospective buyers read the TC and determined they don't actually own the product, but just a license.

People like you are just riding against the tide and believing screaming at it will change the course of the tide...
Anakin-Skywalker: I really think you are projecting your own level of interest in this topic on me. I really have no interest whatsoever on this level of 'ownership', I get the item, I enjoy it and I move on. Me and literally everyone else, except a few individuals such as yourself that despite they complain about all of these things continue to buy those products and sponsoring the very behaviour they despise - which is painfully ironical and hipocritical

This is just how things are becoming and there is no level of protesting or complaining that is going to change that because this is the way companies are making money, I would love to see great budget games flop because the millions of prospective buyers read the TC and determined they don't actually own the product, but just a license.

People like you are just riding against the tide and believing screaming at it will change the course of the tide...
I wouldn't go that far - I'd be happy if CDPR actually saw the level of contention in this subject and thought about it one more time. Currently this is the only major marketplace which offers legal standalone simple downloads for modern games. Take that away by integrating Galaxy into everything - and lo and behold, there is no difference with Steam on this level. In that case why would I choose GOG which has an inferior selection of games, less developer support after sale and poorer community management? Other things being equal?

That's all I have to say on this subject and will now move on. We will all vote with our wallets at the end of the day and market will sort itself and its participants out.