It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...by the same sort of crash(es) purchasers of Cyberpunk have reported for almost one-half a decade.

For instance:

....The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at <some address>...<=====over and over and over

or:

Expression: !( alignedOffset & 0xFFFFFFFF00000000 )
Message: Detected integer overflow for offset: 52850943600 aligned: 52850943600 capacity: 3303183975 elementSize: 16
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\redContainers\src\dynamicBuffer.cpp(96) <===over and over and over

I could list somewhere on the order of...it must be the better part of one hundred at this point.

Could the bug be fixed? Of course.[1]

CD Projekt Red knows this bug; and the project managers know its nature....and at this point, they ignore it. And why not? Cyberpunk is well past (from their perspective) its sell-by date.

Moving forward, I'll be very cautious about purchasing anything made by CD Projekt Red. Meaning it's very unlikely I will. Why subject myself to disappointment?

AFAICT, this is the (or possibly a, given the years of bugs in this game) hint: learn about de-referencing a pointer. That way, the software that is the game will not attempt to access something that is not in memory.

But then, I'm sure CD Projekt Red has in their pipeline some neat new game so they won't be able to fix this one. But they can definitely, to be sure, get some star power for it by selling a bill of goods with a bunch of really cool cultural references oh boy! can't wait!

[1] And before anyone tries to tell me about all the "fixes" or "solutions" or whatever seems to have worked: Just No.
It's not the GPU drivers nor any particular version of drivers; nor is it some DEP tweak; nor is it some other random thing like FPS set to a low value; nor over-clocking; or whatever superstitious thing that seems to have worked.
It Is The Game. The fault is solely in the game....particularly, in the programming which flows from the skill (and possibly care, or lack of care) of the people responsible for typing out the text compiled into the software that is the game.
TL;DR:
Windows 10 22H2
Game patch 2.1
RTX 3080, with driver 531.79
i9 10900K
...works fine.

Of course it's the game. And the only way to fix it at this point, would be to start over. Preferably with a Windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows 11 exclusive version, to avoid these cross-platform issues (yes, I count Windows 7, 10 and 11 as different platforms at this point).

This is why I have NOT patched to the latest version, whatever that currently is. When CDPR talked about FSR, XeSS and the latest version of DLSS, I immediately knew that would be a perfect recipe for distaster. And as far as I can tell, I was proven right with all the technical issues post patch 2.1.

Which is why I stay on 2.1, with a secondary 2.0 install as a backup.

Point is - and I'm not defending CDPR, I am just stating a fact - it is IMPOSSIBLE for CDPR to account for every single system hardware setup, version and state (clean or bloated) of the OS, drivers, known and unknown hardware with drivers that may or may not affect how everything comes together.

Combine that with GPU driver features, hardware and even BIOS settings that decide and partly control which features are available in a game (...ANY AI upscaling features only causes problems), you are not longer in control of your own game.

Which why I, personally, take steps to disable any such features which may affect my game or gameplay. Though at the litteral cost of hardware capable of running the game in exclusively native resolution, without any upscaling or AI frame generation, with settings and features disabled at my own disgression.

I treat my graphics drivers like a BIOS update - I don't touch it, unless I have a specific issue. So "having the latest drivers", if that's the case for you, isn't necessarily a good thing.

And the hardware manufacturers, Intel in particular these days, with their "Power" and "Efficiency cores", are just part of the problem. For a game to support all of these features, combined with Windows 10 and the new Windows 11 features (the P and E cores aren't even handled properly in Windows 10) is frankly flatly impossible. There is a reason why Cyberpunk 2077 had to cancel Windows 7 support, else the game would be even more bloated.
Post edited June 03, 2024 by PaladinNO