It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been working on retro-to-modern gaming PC which utilizes Windows 7 since last spring. The main components are as follows:

• Asus Crosshair VI Hero
• Ryzen 5 3600
• Nvidia 1080
• GSkill 3000 (4x4)
• Windows 7 Professional

The purpose of this experimental build was to bring retro and current games together in a modern gaming system. The major problem with installing W7 is the lack of USB 3 support under Ryzen. Fortunately Asus and Gigabyte recognised this problem and provided a "slipstream" method for installing the USB drivers in the W7 installation routine.

From the start W7 refused to recognise the 1080 video card and would only support the Microsoft generic video driver which has no real time graphic support. All attempts at installing the various Nvidia driver sets resulted in "No supported device found" A work around was to install the 360 series 1080 drivers from the original CD manually. This worked and most period gameplay was passible.

I installed Cyberpunk 2077 and it would not load. I put in a trouble call to Asus tech support and they suggested trying the Nvidia 460.79 driver set and it worked doing a custom install. It is important to obtain the drivers from the following site assuming you are using Nvidia: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Hope this helps and good luck.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by zzztopzzz
Yup! Playing on a Win7 rig here, too, and while there ARE some features missing (Cannot use Fullscreen, HDR, or DSLL), the game runs like a charm and only crashed once (because stupid me hadn't installed the new Driver yet), even with RTX.

It has really been great to see CDPR support what's still a very good OS. Even more, the fact the game runs on DX12 AND works on Win7 has fully shattered that ridiculous myth (that Microsoft has been disseminating all over) that DX12 simply CANNOT work on Win7 because of the system's different Kernel architecture (Spoiler Alert: Microsoft hasn't changed the Kernel Architecture of Windows since WinNT). It was always a lie, and we PC-savvy types always knew it was a lie, but now we have PROOF that none can refute.