It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The disk on which the game is located has a total of 113 GB of free space, after installing Cyberpunk, 51.6 GB of free space is left. Now I read on this forum that the update that has appeared is about 9-10gb but gog shows me that there is not enough space. After all, even the requirements show 70gb of free space.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
i have the exact same issue

edit: i think it might be because it is decrypting stuff that was in the 60gb preload from monday so the total disk space you need might be more than just the new patch
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Rakuzan313
I had the same problem but was able to free some more space. It required 66.2GB for the update.

The update created a folder named "!Temp" inside of the "Cyberpunk 2077" folder. Maybe you can make a link (for the "!Temp") instead to a different harddisk with enough free space? I didn't try it out.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Berndulas
Okay, I found out the game goes back to size after the update, it only needs a lot of space to install, so I want to remove the dubbing and music files to get the space I need, download the update and turn on the "repair" options to restore the deleted files.
i ended uninstalling the game and installing it again, it seems like need to download all the game. now the full game is 63GB
unfortunatly, this makes PRELOADING the game, kind of redundant if the game gets "patched" just after preload release but before actual release...

Why even attempt it? Make everyone WASTE massive bandwith > and time !!

Delete. Wait for release day, wait 10+ days...then install and play.

Bad preload start.
Yeah... same problem. This is the kind of thing that actually pisses me off. I could not find any option to give gog a different temp file location, so for now I will assume there is not any such option. I really wish they would have told mee, that I need 130 or so instead of 70, at least I could have been prepared.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat... I preloaded it to my 120GB SSD, and thought that was enough... after the preload, I had about 59GB of free space left, but that wasn't enough for the update... So now I've got to download the whole thing again, and that takes me about 2 days...
Vlash: Yeah, I'm in the same boat... I preloaded it to my 120GB SSD, and thought that was enough... after the preload, I had about 59GB of free space left, but that wasn't enough for the update... So now I've got to download the whole thing again, and that takes me about 2 days...
Why? Just move the game folder to a different drive, then go into GOG galaxy select the new folder in the game settings
szjudo: The disk on which the game is located has a total of 113 GB of free space, after installing Cyberpunk, 51.6 GB of free space is left. Now I read on this forum that the update that has appeared is about 9-10gb but gog shows me that there is not enough space. After all, even the requirements show 70gb of free space.
Yep, you're screwed (relatively speaking) - either reinstall the game or wait for release so that hopefully you'll be able to just install the smaller patch.
Vlash: Yeah, I'm in the same boat... I preloaded it to my 120GB SSD, and thought that was enough... after the preload, I had about 59GB of free space left, but that wasn't enough for the update... So now I've got to download the whole thing again, and that takes me about 2 days...
EVPointMaster: Why? Just move the game folder to a different drive, then go into GOG galaxy select the new folder in the game settings
After posting, I did indeed look for a way to do just that... I didn't find a way in GOG Galaxy for selecting a new drive or folder.
What I ended up doing, was moving the files to another drive, and start the download from there again... gog galaxy found that I had some of the files... and started my download at 47%, so not ideal, but not the worst outcome...

If you could point to where those settings for selecting a new folder is located, then I can still try that out, and hopefully save a lot of hours! :)