It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello!

I noticed that undead monsters are a very prominent theme in the game. I thought it was an interesting detail. I was hoping some or all of these would be connected somehow, but I couldn't put together a narrative or thesis. Guess someone at CDPR just really likes ghost stories. I'd like to share what I found:

- an alley hobo talks about space vampires. It's mostly gibberish, but he does get a few things right by coincidence. I'm hoping this doesn't apply to my thread.

- there's a nomad group in the badlands called the Wraiths. They have an enemy class who can evade bullet damage. When this happens you see a ghostly flicker.

- Adam Smasher is man who inhabits an artificial body. Sort of like the golem from Jewish folklore.

- A common plot you see in ghost stories are spirits or demons taking control of living people. We see this possession scenario with both Johnny and Saburo.

- the Voodoo Boys use their equipment and abilities to try to communicate with a dead character.

- If you decide to send Jackie's body to Vik and choose the Devil ending, you can ask Hanako to see his engram. Ghosts are typically tied to whatever it is that killed them. It can be an object, a location, and sometimes even living people. They also frequently re-enact the moments before their death. Arasaka is responsible for Jackie's death, and he is stuck in a cycle where repeats what he said and did before the heist. Jackie is the ghost of Arasaka Tower.

- Alt and Saburo require the life force of other people to survive.

- Stories about haunted houses usually involve things moving on their own, appliances turning on and off...there's other stuff too, I won't list all of them here. Anyway, there's a point where Alt takes control of the Tower's automated defences and turns it on the soldiers defending it. The troops don't have any context for this happening. From their POV it would look like they are being attacked by a poltergeist.

Did I miss anything? What do you think?