It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I keep seeing all kinds of rumors about a 49GB patch in addition to the 59GB pre-load we already got.

I don't normally pay much attention to internet rumors but the difference between our 59GB pre-load and the console size that is 100GB+ does have me wondering if there's a second massive DL coming.

Any official word on how big the Day 1 patch will be?
fotoman1949: I keep seeing all kinds of rumors about a 49GB patch in addition to the 59GB pre-load we already got.

I don't normally pay much attention to internet rumors but the difference between our 59GB pre-load and the console size that is 100GB+ does have me wondering if there's a second massive DL coming.

Since GOG Galaxy uses differntial pathes in updates release D1 patch may be not so big (~100-200MB). Mega size D1 patch is specific to console's only IMAO.
fotoman1949: I keep seeing all kinds of rumors about a 49GB patch in addition to the 59GB pre-load we already got.

the.smerch: Since GOG Galaxy uses differntial pathes in updates release D1 patch may be not so big (~100-200MB). Mega size D1 patch is specific to console's only IMAO.
I would certainly expect a multi gigabyte patch (if there is no real large zero/one day patch - in that case expect more). Typically some data is witheld from pre-loads to avoid early piracy.
the.smerch: Since GOG Galaxy uses differntial pathes in updates release D1 patch may be not so big (~100-200MB). Mega size D1 patch is specific to console's only IMAO.
midrand: I would certainly expect a multi gigabyte patch (if there is no real large zero/one day patch - in that case expect more). Typically some data is witheld from pre-loads to avoid early piracy.
Currently CDPR had stripped off executables and auxulary libraries (look to W3 x64 folder for example) i.e. game engine.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by the.smerch
midrand: I would certainly expect a multi gigabyte patch (if there is no real large zero/one day patch - in that case expect more). Typically some data is witheld from pre-loads to avoid early piracy.
the.smerch: Currently CDPR had stripped off executables and auxulary libraries (look to W3 x64 folder for example) i.e. game engine.
But how do you know what else is missing though? Unless you are part of the development team, you don't know what other miscellaneous binary files are missing?
the.smerch: Currently CDPR had stripped off executables and auxulary libraries (look to W3 x64 folder for example) i.e. game engine.
midrand: But how do you know what else is missing though? Unless you are part of the development team, you don't know what other miscellaneous binary files are missing?
You right, I'm not part of development team. But common sense tells me that there is no point to strip large data files from preload package; because without game engine they utterly useless.
And there whole 68 GB of data already.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by the.smerch
midrand: But how do you know what else is missing though? Unless you are part of the development team, you don't know what other miscellaneous binary files are missing?
the.smerch: You right, I'm not part of development team. But common sense tells me that there is no point to strip large data files from preload package; because without game engine they utterly useless.
Well, we have two days to see how it turns out, don't we? I vote in favour of a 2GB+ patch being released simultaneously with the game. For offline installers it might be already incorporated, but for Galaxy it will be required.
fotoman1949: I don't normally pay much attention to internet rumors but the difference between our 59GB pre-load and the console size that is 100GB+ does have me wondering if there's a second massive DL coming.
Console contains all 11 languages, GOG contains only english + the language you chose. Every language is about 4.5GB in size.
Will we be able to pre load the patch? if its truly a 49 GB patch then this means i won't be able to play the damn game until pretty much one day later, come on
the.smerch: You right, I'm not part of development team. But common sense tells me that there is no point to strip large data files from preload package; because without game engine they utterly useless.
midrand: Well, we have two days to see how it turns out, don't we? I vote in favour of a 2GB+ patch being released simultaneously with the game. For offline installers it might be already incorporated, but for Galaxy it will be required.
Don't you have to download all the data first?
fotoman1949: I don't normally pay much attention to internet rumors but the difference between our 59GB pre-load and the console size that is 100GB+ does have me wondering if there's a second massive DL coming.
EVPointMaster: Console contains all 11 languages, GOG contains only english + the language you chose. Every language is about 4.5GB in size.
I hadn't thought of that reason for the size difference. Makes sense if that's the case although it seems wasteful for consoles which tend to have much less storage than the average PC.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by fotoman1949
Can we Preload before the release?? , Im pretty sure xbox were able to preload the patch. Also reviewers playing on PC said they got a "midway" patch which was roughly 43gb. So one can only assume that will be the rough size of the patch we get aswell.
WrathfulBuddha: Can we Preload before the release?? , Im pretty sure xbox were able to preload the patch. Also reviewers playing on PC said they got a "midway" patch which was roughly 43gb. So one can only assume that will be the rough size of the patch we get aswell.
That'll depend greatly on the language packs, I think. If you want all the languages (not recommended), than a 40-odd GB D1 patch isn't unreasonable. Utterly unnecessary, but not unreasonable.

Also remember that the reviewers got their copies a couple of weeks back, and the discs for console were printed at least six weks ago, so a large patch is likely required. For those of us preloading a couple of days early, with a build dated late last week, a much smaller download would be needed, if at all.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by KageSpartan
I have to go with the questions about preloading the patch id prefer to download before i have to start driving again (truck driver) since i don't exactly know if i will have signal enough to download later or eve enough data on my hotspot if i need to use that. im hoping since they are allowing video and streaming content at 12CET tomorrow that means they plan to have the patch out around that time or not just.. god damn trucking makes my life so much harder

The 49GB patch was console only because the console versions are what they spent the last 3 weeks trying to get consoles up to the same scratch as the PC version. PC version patch will be nowhere near as big, but they have yet to mention how big it's going to be. I also don't think it's going to be a preload patch, either. We're under 24 hours to go until launch now, so it's definitely a Day 1 instead of a Day 0 like all the websites are reporting.

In addition to the launch patch (to include the vital bits of the game that were purposefully left out so people couldn't crack the preload and play early) there should not be that big of a patch. 10GB max if I were to guess, but who knows. It could end up being fairly large. I just really don't think so.

I have heard from Steam users that there's a scheduled update for Cyberpunk that's scheduled "in 5 minutes" that is perpetually "in 5 minutes" and that timer never counts down. Nobody has mentioned if that patch shows a size, but that there is your Day 1 patch. GOG Galaxy just does a better job of hiding it.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by darxide