It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stromko: I hope reserving this much space won't become commonplace going forward. I had to take some quite drastic steps to free up another 65 gigs on my SSD.
edgain77: My drastic measure was to delete Warzone and leave the whole 500Gb Nvme for CP2077.
Not much of a sacrifice, in my opinion ;)
Stromko: I hope reserving this much space won't become commonplace going forward. I had to take some quite drastic steps to free up another 65 gigs on my SSD.
Many games do this already.

Steam also downloads games as a bunch of zip files, then unpacks them to the actual game folder and deletes the zip files afterwards
Post edited December 10, 2020 by EVPointMaster
anyone knows why whne i try to download the update this fails? help if you can
Same can't even get the update to initilize, fails every time :( Servers are getting a battering no doubt!
Post edited December 09, 2020 by GAVade
edgain77: My drastic measure was to delete Warzone and leave the whole 500Gb Nvme for CP2077.
KageSpartan: Not much of a sacrifice, in my opinion ;)
No, not for that game is wasn´t, more like a relief.
I have bought new nice gaming rig and didn't opt for spending extra on more hard drive space, so only had 1 TB SSD and no secondary hard drive.. Went to click update and said it failed, and i then tried it 3 more times and i was like WTF?

Then noticed my SSD when i clicked on disk management noticed i had less than 5 GB remaining. I was shocked that i already filled up my system with NO MUSIC, PICTURES.....JUST GAMES!!! So had to go in and delete several games and ill just install the others another time down the road.....especially ones i haven't played in awhile..

Finally, installing the update and its almost half the way done. Woooo Whooooooooo!!!!!

Hoping the other update is done here within the next 55 minutes :)

Happy gaming everyone and see you in Night City....Cant wait until we get to see Night City with online community. This game online ?? That game could be amazing, but since they said at least a year before we will see the Multiplayer aspect my guess is there will be 1-3 delays in between and officially releasing :) Lol

Were officially in happy hour! NOT MUCH LONGER SAMURAIS!!!
Adam_J._Beckman: I have bought new nice gaming rig and didn't opt for spending extra on more hard drive space, so only had 1 TB SSD and no secondary hard drive.. Went to click update and said it failed, and i then tried it 3 more times and i was like WTF?

Then noticed my SSD when i clicked on disk management noticed i had less than 5 GB remaining. I was shocked that i already filled up my system with NO MUSIC, PICTURES.....JUST GAMES!!! So had to go in and delete several games and ill just install the others another time down the road.....especially ones i haven't played in awhile..

Finally, installing the update and its almost half the way done. Woooo Whooooooooo!!!!!

Hoping the other update is done here within the next 55 minutes :)

Happy gaming everyone and see you in Night City....Cant wait until we get to see Night City with online community. This game online ?? That game could be amazing, but since they said at least a year before we will see the Multiplayer aspect my guess is there will be 1-3 delays in between and officially releasing :) Lol

Were officially in happy hour! NOT MUCH LONGER SAMURAIS!!!
You should always have more than one HDD. Even if you have a 1TB SSD, you should opt for an extra mechanical drive or two so you can put all of your files, data etc so if you need to reinstall Windows, you won't lose everything.

To note, My D drive is where my non Steam games are installed. My H drive is exclusively for my Steam folder.
Attachments:
hdds.jpg (46 Kb)
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Chaos_Marine
chaosborne: Oh, boy. It's happening mates! Sadly I have to work until 10:30PM central and won't be able to play until I get home. Work is going to suck today!! hahahaha I started the 9.7gb update so hopefully when I get home it'll just require the activation patch that's suppose to be a few hundred mgb.
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!! XD XD