It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is really sad because, at least on PC, the "physical" copy comes only with a code for the game. The soundtrack is on dvd, and obviously printed stuff is there, but the game itself has to be downloaded from scratch.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by Akachi
We have been waiting this game for so long and cant wait to dive into it, as a fellow physical edition player, dont wanna rethink my life choice while downloading 100+ gb when i might not even get my disc on 10th December.

I was wondering does people who pre-loaded can send us game file via google drive or any other method. i really dont wannna wait a whole day to download the game.

[Modded by SmollestLight: Don't promote piracy]
Post edited December 08, 2020 by SmollestLight
I have modded this thread, due to many mentions of piracy. Please keep in mind that promoting piracy is against our Code of Conduct on the Forum.

I understand your frustration, but we cannot help you in the case of physical pre-orders and you will have to wait until your order arrives.
SmollestLight: I have modded this thread, due to many mentions of piracy. Please keep in mind that promoting piracy is against our Code of Conduct on the Forum.

I understand your frustration, but we cannot help you in the case of physical pre-orders and you will have to wait until your order arrives.
Are you sure, you guys can't do anything? That's pretty sad
SmollestLight: I have modded this thread, due to many mentions of piracy. Please keep in mind that promoting piracy is against our Code of Conduct on the Forum.

I thought the pre-load was encrypted? as long you need a cd-key to de-crypt, why not allow anyone to downlaod the encrypted files?

I wish you would comment / react to your angry offline users who are expressing their disappointment at mandatory use of Galaxy client to have full access / experience and also being able to load / enjoy the game at the same time?

Either you as mods or your managers need to come back with an answer on how you see Galaxy vs offline installer positioning going forward - you owe it to the community.

Ignoring your customers is not a good marketing strategy - you don't have to agree with them, but you need to show your stance.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by midrand

Why you can't help us? Your Team aka CDP forget to give all physical people a preorder option and now you don't think about a method to do it. And why it is piracy, if someone give us the download of the encrypted files out of the gog client? That is not piracy, nobody play, nobody change the files, nobody can do anything with it. To share your missing downloadable files, is not piracy. Its a workarround, because your team do nothing about it.

Yes it is frustrating, because every other company in the last years think about. You don't include a usb stick in the box with the installation, all other boxes have a physical medium, only the pc gamers are fucked. Now the people are angry because you do nothing. At least consider some offical "sorry, we will not do it again".

Next time your release a game, thing about this missery. If you buy the CE 200$/€ to play it later... is not really good customer support. And i know, you can't do nothing, but you can give this "problem" to your bosses. They can do something.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by Sharindel
Post edited December 08, 2020 by N1GH7KNIGHT
Post edited December 08, 2020 by Matchstickman

Man i just want to pre-load the game man, nothing more, if its because we can get free goodies then no pre-load, thats kinda bullshit tho since you let steam take 30% of the profit they can also pre-load.

Instead of spreading the news that you can pre-load and make some thank you video for those who pre-order at gog, shouldnt you at least tell us that only available for digital edition or tell us you guys totally forgot about physical edition buyer so dont have enough time prepare method for physical edition.

Man all the delays then this, im just dissapointed.
Sharindel: And why it is piracy, if someone give us the download of the encrypted files out of the gog client?
Matchstickman: It's not, and that's not what was modded in this thread. The modded posts are no longer here- if your post remains, then the content of it wasn't supporting/advocating piracy.
ok my first thread got modded, you know why? because i wrote something like:" Someone said we can download the game file from pirate bay since we dont have any official way to pre-load it but i dont think that was an ideal method since it is not official game file and might breed many problems."

How was that promoting piracy, im telling not to do it.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by N1GH7KNIGHT

N1GH7KNIGHT: Man i just want to pre-load the game man, nothing more, if its because we can get free goodies then no pre-load, thats kinda bullshit tho since you let steam take 30% of the profit they can also pre-load.

Instead of spreading the news that you can pre-load and make some thank you video for those who pre-order at gog, shouldnt you at least tell us that only available for digital edition or tell us you guys totally forgot about physical edition buyer so dont have enough time prepare method for physical edition.

Man all the delays then this, im just dissapointed.
Matchstickman: It's not, and that's not what was modded in this thread. The modded posts are no longer here- if your post remains, then the content of it wasn't supporting/advocating piracy.
N1GH7KNIGHT: ok my first thread got modded, you know why? because i wrote something like:" Someone said we can download the game file from pirate bay since we dont have any official way to pre-load it but i dont think that was an ideal method since it is not official game file and might breed many problems."

How was that promoting piracy, im telling not to do it.
Totally agree same problem here. And you know what? Support doesn't answer after 24 hours. In US they answer amount 5 minutes. This is my first time when i disappoint of making buy in a GOG
SmollestLight: I have modded this thread, due to many mentions of piracy. Please keep in mind that promoting piracy is against our Code of Conduct ...
DRM used to be against your 'Code of Conduct' as well. And yet the Rewards DLC is DRM-ed and Galaxy is mandatory for it.

GOG was founded on a principle of mutual trust. Which used to be a very strong argument against piracy. Are you really surprised that the inverse is true as well? If you destroy the trust that customers placed in you, some of them will get angry. Not really surprising, is it?

Well, this is load of horse apples. There are at least two, very simple paths to achieve this:
- ship and deliver on 9th( packages were ready as early as late Nov, my personal copy is sitting at parcel office since 8th. Not to mention that some delivery services delivered around Dec 1st....)
- allow pre-loading with order number - there is no reason to allow to check parcel status by order number and not allow more(register copy in gog which would be unlocked with physical key....).

Also, good luck trying to win lawsuit with piracy claims against people who bought copy of game. Not only they did pay you, you literally give permission to download it via GOG. Granted not at the moment, but other people that paid can. So claiming you modded thread due to many mentions of piracy is weak or unsubstantiated at best.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by baranowb