It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I like starting a new story frequently than sticking to a single save file in RPGs. That way I could live through different choices and builds for each playthroughs. However, every time I start a fresh game BD part becomes absolutely repetitive and tedious. I would really appreciate it if there was a mod or NG+ that would allow me to skip certain events.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by gog666dmc
gog666dmc: I like starting a new story frequently than sticking to a single save file in RPG games. That way I could live through different choices and builds for each playthroughs. However, every time I start a fresh game BD part becomes absolutely repetitive and tedious. I would really appreciate it if there was a mod or NG+ that would allow me to skip certain events.
/\ This Please /\
Post edited February 01, 2021 by mad_crease
No doubt. The BD thing could have been interesting if they had done more with it, and if it was maybe related to hacking/tech somehow. The first time you do it it does add to the immersion I'll give it that. However, each subsequent time it's just a nuisance. They should just change it to a cut scene that's short and concise and skippable.
BD make sense only for the first playthrough. On the 2nd+ playthrough they should make it skippable since they have next to zero replayability value.
kjc001: No doubt. The BD thing could have been interesting if they had done more with it, and if it was maybe related to hacking/tech somehow. The first time you do it it does add to the immersion I'll give it that. However, each subsequent time it's just a nuisance. They should just change it to a cut scene that's short and concise and skippable.
2nd. Really missed a good opportunity here for some fun and different gameplay.
In the beginning I had my hopes up that BD editing could led some sort of puzzle/ investigation stuff.
Instead I'm scrolling a video, where the game screams at my face where the clues are and on which layer.
Way to much handholding for my taste - makes BD's utter boring.
Hm. Perhaps there are mods for that. To skip the act 1, I mean. But there's a couple of unique weapons you might miss, so perhaps you can download a save file. (Although that's a security risk to download random save files from the internet. Would not recommend.)

I thought of a workaround. Start 6 games. Nomad male, Nomad female, Street Kid male... etc. Play until the beginning of Act 2, but do not invest any perk points anywhere. Set the difficulty to easy to breeze through the life path introduction and act 1. Much faster when you can just run through people, although of course it's not as fun when there's no challenge. But we're looking to build a save file library, not to actually play the game at this stage. Don't do any side missions or anything. Just the bare minimum and collect the missable unique items. Like Yorinobu's gun and Saburo's katana. And save all those points when you level up.

Save each one of them in the beginning of Act 2 and take backups.

Now you have 6 tabula rasa save files, right in the beginning of Act 2, and nothing but the bare minimum is done.

I don't think there are any hard choices to be made during Act 1, so that shouldn't be an issue. I think the only one would be The Pickup, and even then if you pay with Meredith's chip and don't shoot Royce, that leaves most doors open.
frogthroat: Hm. Perhaps there are mods for that. To skip the act 1, I mean. But there's a couple of unique weapons you might miss, so perhaps you can download a save file. (Although that's a security risk to download random save files from the internet. Would not recommend.)

I thought of a workaround. Start 6 games. Nomad male, Nomad female, Street Kid male... etc. Play until the beginning of Act 2, but do not invest any perk points anywhere. Set the difficulty to easy to breeze through the life path introduction and act 1. Much faster when you can just run through people, although of course it's not as fun when there's no challenge. But we're looking to build a save file library, not to actually play the game at this stage. Don't do any side missions or anything. Just the bare minimum and collect the missable unique items. Like Yorinobu's gun and Saburo's katana. And save all those points when you level up.

Save each one of them in the beginning of Act 2 and take backups.

Now you have 6 tabula rasa save files, right in the beginning of Act 2, and nothing but the bare minimum is done.

I don't think there are any hard choices to be made during Act 1, so that shouldn't be an issue. I think the only one would be The Pickup, and even then if you pay with Meredith's chip and don't shoot Royce, that leaves most doors open.
I'm at 260 hours. I don't think i can endure those additional 10 hours. I am barely hanging on now as it is.
mad_crease: I don't think i can endure those additional 10 hours.
Yeah, that would be the downside. Many hours of repetition.

Still, the best method would be to just make the tabula rasa save files at the beginning of Act 2.

How to make the creation of those saves less painful:

Play on easy so you can just plow through the fight scenes. You can change that later when you actually start playing the game.

You can skip most of the dialogue, but not all for some reason. I don't know why not all dialogue/cut scenes are skippable.

To get more tips and tricks on how to finish things fastest is to take a look at speedrunners. Check out a couple of videos from here:
https://www.speedrun.com/cyberpunk_2077#Title_Screen
Post edited February 03, 2021 by frogthroat