It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CDPR is probably getting paid for the overtime they put in. Every corporation, and even different departments within the same corporation, have a varied environment. It's not really fair to just assume the situation with staff is exploitative. I did a few odd jobs before the one I have now. They weren't too bad, and I actually got a bonus. The corporation I currently work for is constantly screwing me out of pay. As you can see, the situation really does vary. I'm hoping to switch jobs soon. When I do, I actually wouldn't mind 12 hours days, providing I was paid for the time I put in.

Doctors have it much worse. If you work for a hospital, you can get 24 to 36 hours shifts, and top of the sleep deprivation, you get patients who don't adhere to treatment, treat you terribly, and sometimes even attack you. If you are passionate about the treatment of workers, I think that would be a good place to start.
Programmers need to learn that money doesn't grow on trees. How do you expect the managers feed their kids if their underlings are too lazy?
JakeOfRivia93: mandatory overtime
this is literally what crunch time means.
artmanphil: Let this be a tiny reminder that - no matter how brilliant this game might be
No matter?
No matter. Doesn't matter.

HMMMM, are you a gamer? I think we got a bot over here chat. There's a report button in here - use it.
- all the brilliance can't be worth exploiting the people who actually do the work behind the game.
Exploiting by...giving them a lot of money in overtime pay...and getting them to do what they already know needs to be done to get a game finished...because this is the real world...and really it's not actually a big deal to work a few hours longer for a few weeks to get a game ready...

I'm sorry, I'm not hearing an "exploit" anywhere in there, or what's so bad about "Crunch".

Crunch: a BRIEF period of time, when game devs have to work a LITTLE BIT MORE on a video game to make sure that it's ready to be shipped (because it has to be) ... because they are passionate about the game, and because nobody told Leonardo Da Vinci that "hey, you are too consumed by this painting business, did you ever consider a work-life balance?" XD XD XD XD XD
Also, please don't forget that staff is reportedly compensated for the extra hours with bonuses and other benefits.