It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The update from 1.12 to 1.2 does not seem to work for me, it needs 380GB??
Attachments:
guest47: The update from 1.12 to 1.2 does not seem to work for me, it needs 380GB??
omfg i just lol'd i have nothing constructive to add lmao
guest47: The update from 1.12 to 1.2 does not seem to work for me, it needs 380GB??
Your lucky its reporting it needs 384GBs free for me to install.
I didn't see there is already another thread about that, so this one can be deleted..
guest47: I didn't see there is already another thread about that, so this one can be deleted..
no it can't this is hilarious
Since the update takes up around the 50% of the whole installation, I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Faster and more efficient. Less writes on disk this way too.

Update 1.2 changes so many things that a lot of archives need to be modified and it requires 70GB to unpack and repack. It's almost like downloading the game again, hence, why I did what I did.
Requiring 384GB free is not acceptable. I have the game on a separate 350GB partition on a Samsung 970 Evo+ 500GB drive. I cannot move the OS off it. Nor am I willing to uninstall my apps and the sort just to make room for a badly designed patch process.
I have 4 more (slower) drives of various sizes in the PC - why can't the patch use those, they have hundreds of free GB? I wanted to give the game the fastest NVMe storage I had.
This is simply not OK and another blunder in a very long streak of technical failures from a corporation we expected so much from.
Disappointing.
Can confirm 384GB of free disc space required to install the 32GB of patch files 1.12->1.2.

I think about this video one posted on reddit ... dev versus QM

up next a cylinder, guess where that goes in ... thats right the square ...

Probably they put the dev files too, so no need to hack'em again ^^

Next time let Fitgirl handle the paking ...
Attachments:
Post edited March 30, 2021 by gogprot
Just uninstall the game and reinstall it fresh.
MadeUpName556: Just uninstall the game and reinstall it fresh.
that would need much more files to donwload .. so somewhat useless solution for people having not unlimited bandwith ... and disk space ...
gogprot: that would need much more files to donwload .. so somewhat useless solution for people having not unlimited bandwith ... and disk space ...
I have the same problem. It would have been nice to advertise that the nice slowly downloaded 34 GB patch needs 383401 MB space before I download all that. I never had a patch that needs so much more space than the whole game and patch combined. Now I must delete everything and redownload the full install instead. See you next week...