It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
lol. This is the requirement for the offline installers. I mean I get it, you want to force people to use your Galaxy client. But really? This is not the best way to do that lol. Most people's SSD is usually 500 gig too, and you want people to make room that's 383 gig for a SINGLE UPDATE.

https://i.imgur.com/Uy1zwcg.jpg
high rated
CDPR it a fucking idiot's, No less no more.
Looks like somebody shifted a decimal point when they generated the message text.
high rated
Amazing, what an epic fail.
Post edited March 31, 2021 by kragil
I encounterd the same.
Use the patch.exe with /Dir="Your temporary directory or Drive with enough space"
THen the Update works manually.
But if you use Mods then the game screws you with "Script Validation Errors".
ARRGGHH!
Post edited March 31, 2021 by LandGuard
Hehe! The "NEXT" update will probably require you to enter your credit card number, just for "verification", of course! ;-)
Use the patch.exe with /Dir="Your temporary directory or Drive with enough space"
THen the Update works manually.

could some one explain how to do this, is this command line or a setting in the properties of the file .
Yes that is a commandline switch.
The backup manual download files are named patch-blahbla.exe and patch-blahbla-1.bin to patch-blahbla-9.bin.
For use in the commandline, you should rename all the files to a shoeter version, like patch.exe and patch-1.bin to patch-9.bin. This can be done in the explorer from windows. Important: the filenames had to be the same, but the last two diggits and the extention.
The Updateprogram needs that space to decompress the *.bin-Files and copy then the nessecary files to the game-installation. So check your drives, where enough space is.
Lets assume, it is Drive Z:
Now , you change to the shell (i used th simple DOS-Shell).
Change the directory in the shell to that, where your updatefiles are.
Lets say it is F:\cpupdate.

C:\>F:
F:\>cd cpupdate
F:\cpupdate>patch.exe /DIR=Z:
Update runs!

Remember, the drives and dirs i show here are just examples!

Cheers
So, for others that may be having problems... LandGuard's method does work for me, with a little help. The script validation error they're getting may look the same as a TW3 script error caused by mods, but it's actually because the update installer seems to "forget" to copy 28 temporary files and their folders over to the game directory (meaning you've got the old 1.12 redscripts still hanging around in the \R6\cache\ folder, not the updated 1.20 redscripts and that's why you're getting the script error.)

Anyways, this is what fixed it for me...

Let's say the game is installed in GOG's default location:
C:\GOG Games\Cyberpunk 2077\

You have an external 1TB USB drive that's D:
Patch 1.2 is on D: drive in the folder D:\patch\
You also have a folder D:\temp\ which is where you're going to tell the installer to put its temp files.

So, with a command prompt open to D:\patch\ you follow LandGuard's tip and run the patch with the additional parameter /DIR=D:\temp\

Wait about 15 min until you get the "patch successfully applied" message.

Now, this is the extra step that fixed the game for me... copy the files and folders that are left-over in D:\temp\ to C:\GOG Games\Cyberpunk 2077\ overwriting any ones that are already there.

At this point, the game should launch without any script errors, and it should say 1.2 below the main menu.

As a grumble about the 1.2 patch installer... There are many smaller/separate files in this update, the largest I can see being 7, 10, and 11GB. The patch could have been split into two or three stages (ie. multiple separate installers) which could then be applied gradually one after the other, eliminating the insane all-at-once 384GB free space requirement... The first stage would remove the 1.12 .exe immediately so you can't accidentally launch a half-patched game until you've applied the last stage that restores the 1.20 exe. ;)
This...

There should be no need to take extra steps just to install what should be an easy game patching operation, yet forcing 300Gb on someone is idiotic!
Post edited April 14, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
LandGuard: Yes that is a commandline switch.
The backup manual download files are named patch-blahbla.exe and patch-blahbla-1.bin to patch-blahbla-9.bin.
For use in the commandline, you should rename all the files to a shoeter version, like patch.exe and patch-1.bin to patch-9.bin. This can be done in the explorer from windows. Important: the filenames had to be the same, but the last two diggits and the extention.
The Updateprogram needs that space to decompress the *.bin-Files and copy then the nessecary files to the game-installation. So check your drives, where enough space is.

Update runs!

Cheers
It doesnt work.
It just show a normal popup of a installer and still says there is not enough space.
Also, if I will add things like /DAFAFASF=FAAdsf, still show a normal popup of installer. That means the extra parameter "/DIR=" is not recognized at all.
LandGuard: Yes that is a commandline switch.

Update runs!

Cheers
Armani12: It doesnt work.
It just show a normal popup of a installer and still says there is not enough space.
Also, if I will add things like /DAFAFASF=FAAdsf, still show a normal popup of installer. That means the extra parameter "/DIR=" is not recognized at all.
1. That's not how arguments work. If it's not a valid argument (what you typed), it gets ignored unless specifically programmed to throw an error on bad argument.
2. /Dir does work. Just did it myself. The installer is faulty and is requesting 383GB of space. If you don't have that, it won't allow the installer to continue, including if you set a different directory.
3. Don't try to talk about things you don't understand. You're just giving other people bad information.
v0idkat: lol. This is the requirement for the offline installers. I mean I get it, you want to force people to use your Galaxy client. But really? This is not the best way to do that lol. Most people's SSD is usually 500 gig too, and you want people to make room that's 383 gig for a SINGLE UPDATE.

https://i.imgur.com/Uy1zwcg.jpg
Some people can't use Galaxy because there is no version of the Galaxy launcher compatible with Linux.