It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Polaris.849: ...
I have to agree, I mean I still have goosebumps every time I hear Deus Ex main theme after all those years but for CP 2077 I dont remember any music from the game, not even the main theme if there is any. The sound track sounds like something that come from a GTA, nothing Cyberpunk'ish.
Polaris.849: ...
Gersen: I have to agree, I mean I still have goosebumps every time I hear Deus Ex main theme after all those years but for CP 2077 I dont remember any music from the game, not even the main theme if there is any. The sound track sounds like something that come from a GTA, nothing Cyberpunk'ish.
but GTAV had some awesome radio stations with real talented artists; some classic rock\pop-rock, some classic 90s hip-hop, some good soul\R&B, and a few others.
GObonzo: but GTAV had some awesome radio stations with real talented artists; some classic rock\pop-rock, some classic 90s hip-hop, some good soul\R&B, and a few others.
It's not really a critique on the quality of the artist themselves, more that I don't think it really match the theme. In GTA it makes sense because it take place slightly in the past / present day, so having this kind of music make sense, but for a game talking place in 2077 in a cyberpunk universe I was expecting something more...well cyberpunk'ish.
GObonzo: but GTAV had some awesome radio stations with real talented artists; some classic rock\pop-rock, some classic 90s hip-hop, some good soul\R&B, and a few others.
Gersen: It's not really a critique on the quality of the artist themselves, more that I don't think it really match the theme. In GTA it makes sense because it take place slightly in the past / present day, so having this kind of music make sense, but for a game talking place in 2077 in a cyberpunk universe I was expecting something more...well cyberpunk'ish.
i definitely agree with the need for something that should fit their era. and then if you compare how terribly popular music quality has declined over the last 20+ years for us, maybe it makes sense in a "realistic" future world that popular music quality could have declined that much further.
but for the sake of those playing the game in this era, the music should also be themed to something that current players would actually enjoy.

and we have plenty of oldies stations and "classic" rock available to us. the majority of what i listen to is from ~30-60 years ago, so we should have some oldies stations available in the game where we could listen to stuff from our current century.
the argument could still easily be that it is not our actual universe which houses the CP2077 world, so it can't contain any of our actual music.
i imagine it was more about royalties and saving some money in development that kept them from adding any good music from our "universe" though.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by GObonzo
the metal music that plays in the one club is amazing. a bunch of fire tracks.

the synth driving station is great. I usually find myself floating to those two stations, but there's also sort of a borderlands acustic-style that pops up sometimes that I love, the badlands music.
I would even say that the music is broken in-game in the first place. Why?

Well I know this isn't GTA but they added the radio so here are my two cents.

- there is no audio normalization among all of those stations (every stations volume is totally different)
- the tracks are not always playing in the radio
- you can't switch tracks while driving sometimes (hitting R like crazy can fix it sometimes)
- you can't see which track is currently playing
- you can't see which radio station is currently playing
- you can't see what kind of radio station are you switching to
- holding the R key opens up a stupid menu that is really really slow, you can't just scroll with your mouse wheel like GTA-style games to switch stations
- the tracks are not so great and even if they are there is no way to tell who's the artist!
- sometimes the volume of a track suddenly drops? it might have something to do with the speed that you are currently driving or maybe the interior of a car?
- to hear the radio songs properly you need to set all other volume levels to something like 40% STILL YOU CAN'T TOUCH THE MUSIC SLIDER which has to stay at 100%, why give us separate Radio volume bar if it goes down/up with the action music in-game?
- it seems that some tracks are played more often than others (marketing scheme?), even if you switch cars randomly, some of those songs repeat
- the radio announcer sucks, there's always this one guy or a woman (or both?) which interrupts with some news from the Night City or the Cyberpunk 2077 world, basically all music stops, the voice turns on and there is absolutely no ambience music at all while they speak, there is no way to skip it either. GTA does it differently, they have announcers for each radio stations and when something comes up the music sitll plays in the back which gives you the immersion of an actual radio station
Post edited December 22, 2020 by stranded
I more or less agee, except... GTA this, GTA that, it's not GTA and tracks are not so great...? Well some people like Beethoven other Korean boys bands.
The music in this game is not that good? Really? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUo2mPYQ2E
OmgNotAgain: I more or less agee, except... GTA this, GTA that, it's not GTA and tracks are not so great...? Well some people like Beethoven other Korean boys bands.
to me it's not much about the music rather than technical issues and really bad implementation
JAD2012: The music in this game is not that good? Really? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUo2mPYQ2E
your youtube link is to support the fact that the game music sucks, right?
though we have been mostly talking about the music that is available on the radios in the game, the theme music is definitely not something I would ever listen to intentionally. it sound more like something from a bad Transformers movie trailer than a hard rocking cyberpunk theme.
JAD2012: The music in this game is not that good? Really? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUo2mPYQ2E
GObonzo: your youtube link is to support the fact that the game music sucks, right?
though we have been mostly talking about the music that is available on the radios in the game, the theme music is definitely not something I would ever listen to intentionally. it sound more like something from a bad Transformers movie trailer than a hard rocking cyberpunk theme.
Tastes colours, yours are of no interest to me, same for op's.

I'm just pointing out in the most indirect way that threads like these are for sheeps without their own opinion.
GObonzo: your youtube link is to support the fact that the game music sucks, right?
JAD2012: Tastes colours, yours are of no interest to me, same for op's.

I'm just pointing out in the most indirect way that threads like these are for sheeps without their own opinion.
Indeed, everyone must be beige and wear the same cap shirt pants and shoes or else...

My likes and desires supersede that of everyone else so I will make it known, The same children end up in charge of companies in Silicon Valley and create absurd company policies that affect the entire tech sector.

No more children CEO CFO CTO......
Well I am more Synthwave oriented and to Electronic music in general. So I can tell that if you like rock/metal, then you are most probably safe with this game according to your reply. Thus immersion is there for you and enjoy. But for the rest of us I think some of these options would be more preferable to choose from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8gBfEDoEbY

or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lERcfsqJSk

Electronic music here is simply not good and doesn't fit much here. That is my opinion though and I really miss some good electronic music vibes or something that could make the atmosphere more memorable. Deus Ex is perfect example, and I mean all games, although it should be more targeted for Cyberpunk universe.
Post edited December 23, 2020 by Polaris.849
JAD2012: Tastes colours, yours are of no interest to me, same for op's.

so you believe that taste and opinion are two different things? and the OP asking the question's, or anyone else commenting in their favor, doesn't matter but yours does?

the context of your comment\question with a "Really?" and then a link, in english, means you are trying to state that your link proves one way or the other the answer to the question. more than likely disprove in this context.
so you are not "sheep" because you enjoy the music. but those who recognize that it is generic crap are sheep?
I don't know why there's no Trent Reznor his input would've been nice, NIN sub culture oh well, So much of his music fits into bleak futuristic dystopia.