It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Suckers!

Now where is my royalty check?
Because having a celebrity in your game makes it less appealing? You make no sense.
Mentat2020: Because having a celebrity in your game makes it less appealing? You make no sense.
It's a waste of money.
Celebrity voiceovers don't enhance the game over an unknown voice actor.
Voiceovers does not require the skill that acting does.

I really enjoy playing Oblivion but I never thought the celebrity voiceovers enhanced the game.
In fact, you could argue that a celebrity voice detracts from the immersion of the game.
Mentat2020: Because having a celebrity in your game makes it less appealing? You make no sense.
Jorev: It's a waste of money.

I really enjoy playing Oblivion but I never thought the celebrity voiceovers enhanced the game.
In fact, you could argue that a celebrity voice detracts from the immersion of the game.
Ehh... voice acting is a talent still (after all, bad dubs can ruin a show)... but not to the point that hiring someone famous will make bad dialog better.

I can guarentee you that a good chunk of people bought this game because of Keenu Reeves. Does Johnny Silverhand need to be Keenu? No... does Keenu add anything at all to the character? Not really... but when you're making a game that is streamlined for the mainstream gamers you don't care about stuff like story or replayability. Just hype and "cool" factor.
They didnt do it for voice. They did it because of marketting, just google "Keanu Reeves Cyberpunk" you would know how popular it was among Journalists and such. They get their clicks and CDPD gets their marketting.

I personally think Keanu kept this sinking ship going even deeper. Fingers crossed they add more Johhny's attitude for Cyberpunk 2.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by GreatWarriox
Jorev: It's a waste of money.

Fuck off to Oblivion then. No one cares if you like the game or not.
In fairness to Reeves, it's possible that he took a pay cut (at least relative to 'hurr hurr I'm an A-lister, won't show up for less than a cool million') on account of it being a genre that he's done a lot of work in and probably has a fondness for. IIRC Ron Perlman kept doing the Fallout narration for cheap after he became famous because it was his thing.

What was dumb about Oblivion was that aside from the two famous people who didn't give particularly stellar performances, everything else was done by just a couple of Bethesda regulars so all the characters sounded the same. Very low effort sound production in an otherwise good RPG.
The possibility of a late addition of K. to try and save the game was obviously not going as planned?