It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mad_crease: For a while now , several of the games they sell as DRM free are in fact not. <snip>
skeletonbow: With there being no unified global industry standard of what "DRM" means, nor "DRM-free", and it being entirely up to the individual to decide what they think that means for themselves whether it has any legitimate basis or not, yes some people are of that opinion. And since there is no such official definition (unfortunately), it really is up to individual whimsy whether it makes any sense at all or not.

What I've observed over years of reading gaming forum posts is that in general many people think DRM simply means "some aspect of the software that I don't personally like or agree with the inclusion of" rather than anything having to do with digital rights management. The GOG forums alone are chock full of such debates about the mere topic, which go in end run circles around each other never resulting in any agreed upon conclusions.

To me it is just a conversation topic that is a waste of time in general as it serves no purpose in changing anyone's mind on the topic, nor changing the underlying situation.

I just don't care anymore, mainly due to being tired of people using the "DRM" label so broadly to mean just about anything. "This game has green pixels, and I don't like green! It is DRM!" or whatever...

meh...

next topic...
For not caring, you sure took a lot of time to post your biased interpretation. We are OH so glad you spent years reading and studying posts and forums to be the almighty go to for what DRM means. TY by the way for sharing your vast knowledge base with the little people..
i do not think so, as they would probably have to re-coded the whole game.
mad_crease: For not caring, you sure took a lot of time to post your biased interpretation. We are OH so glad you spent years reading and studying posts and forums to be the almighty go to for what DRM means. TY by the way for sharing your vast knowledge base with the little people..
What I don't care about is how other people arbitrarily define what DRM means, since there is no official accepted industry wide definition to point to as to what it means, such discussions often simply derail into people arguing over their own biased opinions about it rather than anything factual or logical. While I have engaged in such discussions in the past myself, I think that they are genuinely a waste of time for everyone involved, and that includes the time I myself have spent in the past discussing it. Intelligent respectful discourse could occur where people express what their thoughts are and respectfully might disagree with someone else's own opinion but that almost never seems to be the case in actuality. And that is why I find such discussions largely not useful.

That doesn't mean that I don't have opinions about things myself, nor that I have nothing to share in discussions surrounding the topic, but I'm not going to express what my own views are in detail just to go down the very rabbit hole that leads to nowhere that I know would result.

Nowhere did I claim to be an authority on what DRM means and that you should come to me to find out. Quite the opposite in fact, that nobody is an authority and that any people arguing with each other about it is just a waste of time to both of those people. In a sense what my response was, is encouraging others to NOT argue with each other about it because that is pretty pointless and often divisive. By all means have the opinions regardless of what they are, but hopefully recognize the futility of trying to convince the rest of the world to agree with whatever those opinions might be.

Note that I neither expressed my opinion about what DRM is nor tried to convince anyone else to agree with me in any of what I've said above. If anything, I encourage everyone to think for themselves, do their own research and form their own opinions, whether or not I might agree with their conclusions.