It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

In summary, there are numerous possible epileptic triggers, including a pattern of lights that is based on one that's designed to cause seizures (in other words, it's used to intentionally trigger a seizure in order to help diagnose epilepsy). The "braindances", in particular, suffer from this issue.

In any case, if you're prone to epileptic seizures, you might want to wait for a patch or mod that addresses this issue before attempting to play this game.

(If CDPR doesn't fix this, or perhaps even if CDPR does so but not right away, I fully expect some modder to take this into their own hands and release a mod that reduces the flashing.)
they are working on a fix

i just hope they dont censor those portions for the majority of people who dont get seizures.

an accessibility option or options menu toggle is more than enough.
dtgreene: https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

In summary, there are numerous possible epileptic triggers, including a pattern of lights that is based on one that's designed to cause seizures (in other words, it's used to intentionally trigger a seizure in order to help diagnose epilepsy). The "braindances", in particular, suffer from this issue.

In any case, if you're prone to epileptic seizures, you might want to wait for a patch or mod that addresses this issue before attempting to play this game.

(If CDPR doesn't fix this, or perhaps even if CDPR does so but not right away, I fully expect some modder to take this into their own hands and release a mod that reduces the flashing.)
as a epileptic myself since getting injured in the army, this part makes me a tad worried. I haven't actually ran into a game that gives me issues yet, and am hoping Cyberpunk isn't the first.
I am not photosensitive but I hope they let people skip or turn off the flashing 1) so people who are sensitive to can play and 2) it just sounds like something that will quickly get old.
phogan: I am not photosensitive but I hope they let people skip or turn off the flashing 1) so people who are sensitive to can play and 2) it just sounds like something that will quickly get old.
I am photosenstive, also got photophobia(that's high sensitivity to light, not a fear of light). Way back when it first started, I was gaming on a vic20 as a kid was when I noticed it. In my case, my neurologist suggested yellow-tint glasses similar to what long-distance drivers wear. Works like a charm in my case, but as you can guess not every case. Some have to wear green-blue restrictive lenses or green to blue lenses to help. Knew one guy in middle school who was the same, he had to wear glasses that cut the visible light by 60% otherwise he couldn't even function from the migraines and headaches.

Mentioning a funny thing though, you know how anti-blue tinting(night lite) for monitors is supposed to help people when they want to go to bed? In my case it makes it look like the screen is bleeding, hilarious, harmless, but when working nights it's one of the first things I have to turn off. I'm glad that the old 4' fluorescent bulbs are finally dying though, since all I ever saw with those was flicker-flicker-flicker-flicker. Bleh.
As I wrote in the other thread - should be easy to tie this to a toggle under gameplay options with the default setting on Off.
Hope they don't get rid of it completely, so that people can still have the strobing/flickering if they don't have a problem with that.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Swedrami
Swedrami: As I wrote in the other thread - should be easy to tie this to a toggle under gameplay options with the default setting on Off.
Hope they don't get rid of it completely, so that people can still have the strobing/flickering if they don't have a problem with that.
Why should it be "off" by default ? only a minority of peoples will be affected by it, having a warning at the beginning of the game telling people they can disable some effects if they suffer from photo-sensitivity would be enough, no need to disable it by default for everybody.
Swedrami: As I wrote in the other thread - should be easy to tie this to a toggle under gameplay options with the default setting on Off.
Gersen: Why should it be "off" by default ? only a minority of peoples will be affected by it, having a warning at the beginning of the game telling people they can disable some effects if they suffer from photo-sensitivity would be enough, no need to disable it by default for everybody.
When one choice is obviously safer than the other, the default option should always be the safer choice.
Gersen: Why should it be "off" by default ? only a minority of peoples will be affected by it, having a warning at the beginning of the game telling people they can disable some effects if they suffer from photo-sensitivity would be enough, no need to disable it by default for everybody.
Just to be on the safe side, in case people complain even about something as trivial as this.

Or leave the default on "On", I don't care. As long as they don't remove the effect completely.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Swedrami
dtgreene: When one choice is obviously safer than the other, the default option should always be the safer choice.
No, I disagree, we are talking about a tiny minority who may or may not have issue. If you go like that when where do you stop ? disable by default all loud noise, violence, because it might trigger PTSD for some peoples, disable all flashing lights, block the maximum brightness, etc... at then end you can disable nearly everything by default because it's "safer" to do so.

I mean giving accessibility option so that peoples suffering from various condition can tweak the game to their liking is great, same thing with putting a "warning this game contains flashing lights, some of those effects can be disabled in the options" disclaimer is fine too. But disabling it by default for everyone is IMO going too far.

At worse they can ask the question when you start a new game.
Here's the developer's response:
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1336389181988343812

I think modders will be modding out other things before something that effects 0.001% of the population.

V4skunk: I think modders will be modding out other things before something that effects 0.001% of the population.
If there's someone who is affected by the issue (or knows somebody who is), and who is into modding, that person is very likely to work on a mod of this sort.

I could cite the number of "spider removal" mods for various games, often released shortly after the game's release, before modding tools are released. Even TES: Arena, a game that doesn't have mod tools, has a mod that replaces the spiders.
Guys, please report the creator of this thread, he's been spamming this topic across three separate threads on both General Forums and in this sub forum apparently, it's all one troll. ty
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia