It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, I recently started a corpo game file, but i was also playing a streetkid game. Today, i accidentally saved my streetkid game file on my corpo game file. I can't find my game save file anywhere in the game obviously, but i do have cloud saves enabled. Maybe that means that the corpo game file was not deleted completely and perhaps can be recovered??!

If someone knows how I can resolve this so that i can recover my corpo game file, omg I would be so grateful you have no idea. I'm legit crying because that was my favorite playthrough/lifepath, and i had alot of good stuff in there including clothes, weapons, etc. and I was leveling up quickly.

i'm just trying to find an alternative asap to see if it's possible to recover this deleted game file on PC, while using gog galaxy 2.0.33. It's just very frustrating having to start Corpo all over again from the beginning, since I spent almost 400 hours in that lifepath alone.

Many, many thanks and stay safe everyone.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Sadly I doubt it. If you overwrote the file it most likely is gone even from cloud saves.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by jon7882
Maioix: Hi, I recently started a corpo game file, but i was also playing a streetkid game. Today, i accidentally saved my streetkid game file on my corpo game file. I can't find my game save file anywhere in the game obviously, but i do have cloud saves enabled. Maybe that means that the corpo game file was not deleted completely and perhaps can be recovered??!

If someone knows how I can resolve this so that i can recover my corpo game file, omg I would be so grateful you have no idea. I'm legit crying because that was my favorite playthrough/lifepath, and i had alot of good stuff in there including clothes, weapons, etc. and I was leveling up quickly.

i'm just trying to find an alternative asap to see if it's possible to recover this deleted game file on PC, while using gog galaxy 2.0.33. It's just very frustrating having to start Corpo all over again from the beginning, since I spent almost 400 hours in that lifepath alone.

Many, many thanks and stay safe everyone.
You might have some recourse if you haven't kept playing.

If you're on Windows 10, navigate to:
%userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\

Right click on Cyberpunk 2077 and click Properties->Previous Versions.

If there is a Previous Version from earlier today before you overwrote it, you can Restore it. You might have lost some progress, but you'd at least get your save back.

In the meantime, I suggest getting SaveSwitcher 2 from NexusMods if you want to manage and safely separate multiple lifepath playthroughs.
In the folder %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\ should also be a lot of autosaves, you might want to check them too
I found a possible solution, depending on how recent your cloud save backup was.

Go to the folder that stores the saved games for Cyberpunk 2077 (usually it's %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077). It helps if there are still some save games in there.

If you remember the number of the save game (ManualSave-xx) or (AutoSave-xx), that would help too.

Copy an existing save folder and rename it to what you think the number was.

For example, I deleted some ManualSave folders by accident. The last save I had in there was ManualSave-22,
but knew that my save file number was higher. So I copied the folder named ManualSave-22, pasted it a few times,
and then renamed them, and had a folder with saves going from 23 to 30.
When loading back into the game, it took GOG some time to synchronize, but that's probably a good sign. If you now go back to you saves, it might be in there via a manual or auto save.