It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are there recommendations for optimal 'brightness' settings? This game is very dark and my eyes hurt trying to see the details in the darkness. I've tried to increase the brightness setting, I've tried to use HDR, and I've worked with different monitor settings, but I can't get a clear-and-bright image. Please see the attached screenshot - the details are washed out in the darkness. I'm excited for this game and am waiting until I can fix the brightness to really dive into it.
Attachments:
Post edited December 12, 2020 by earthprime
This question / problem has been solved by MadeUpName556image
Stupid question: There are flashlights in this game?

I have only played till the apartment for now so I haven't seen any yet. Tho I have found some dark areas that would be much better with a flashlight in your hands or something similar, like an ocular implant like the witcher cat view.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Dimerite
Dimerite: Stupid question: There are flashlights in this game?

I have only played till the apartment for now so I haven't seen any yet. Tho I have found some dark areas that would be much better with a flashlight in your hands or something similar, like an ocular implant like the witcher cat view.
This is an amazing response - I think the darkness issue is throughout the entire game I've played so so - the corporate level at game's beginning. Perhaps flashlights are the solution to dark displays :)
earthprime: Are there recommendations for optimal 'brightness' settings? This game is very dark and my eyes hurt trying to see the details in the darkness. I've tried to increase the brightness setting, I've tried to use HDR, and I've worked with different monitor settings, but I can't get a clear-and-bright image. Please see the attached screenshot - the details are washed out in the darkness. I'm excited for this game and am waiting until I can fix the brightness to really dive into it.
I was having this problem with other games. I finally got into the settings on my monitor > Color Adjust and instead of using one of the presets, 9300K etc, I put it on user settings and cranked all 3 colors to max.

Everything got a lot brighter.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by MadeUpName556
earthprime: Are there recommendations for optimal 'brightness' settings? This game is very dark and my eyes hurt trying to see the details in the darkness. I've tried to increase the brightness setting, I've tried to use HDR, and I've worked with different monitor settings, but I can't get a clear-and-bright image. Please see the attached screenshot - the details are washed out in the darkness. I'm excited for this game and am waiting until I can fix the brightness to really dive into it.
MadeUpName556: I was having this problem with other games. I finally got into the settings on my monitor > Collor Adjust and instead of using one of the presets, 9300K etc, I put it on user settings and cranked all 3 colors to max.

Everything got a lot brighter.
Thanks I'll give it a shot. Its gotta be my monitor settings.