It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pretender87: -
GObonzo: you guys seem to have a very convoluted idea of what "next-gen" means.

it does not apply to computer gaming because we are always in a whirlwind of updated hardware, software, and development. "next-gen" could mean tomorrow or 2 years from now and all of the same arguments would still apply for either definition.

"next-gen" is a console term defining if the platform has been released yet or not, very simple.

scmufc: Seriously why is this patch applying so SLOWLY again.
Finished the download in minutes, but the installation/applying of the patch has barely moved 1-2%.
GObonzo: this game and quite a few others that i remember take longer times to unpack and install because of the patch and the game file's compression.

a patch, whether large or small, that has to first unzip itself and then possibly unzip multiple large game files, insert the updates, and then re-compress the game files and re-install them will take much longer time than a game that only needs to replace a few files.
Thing is they didn't use this patch method till 2077 that I know of.
Witcher 3 just re-d/l'ed the files.... I liked it that way and I wish that's what happen with 2077.
GObonzo: you guys seem to have a very convoluted idea of what "next-gen" means.

it does not apply to computer gaming because we are always in a whirlwind of updated hardware, software, and development. "next-gen" could mean tomorrow or 2 years from now and all of the same arguments would still apply for either definition.

"next-gen" is a console term defining if the platform has been released yet or not, very simple.

this game and quite a few others that i remember take longer times to unpack and install because of the patch and the game file's compression.

a patch, whether large or small, that has to first unzip itself and then possibly unzip multiple large game files, insert the updates, and then re-compress the game files and re-install them will take much longer time than a game that only needs to replace a few files.
ast486: Thing is they didn't use this patch method till 2077 that I know of.
Witcher 3 just re-d/l'ed the files.... I liked it that way and I wish that's what happen with 2077.
the only time GOG games "just re-d/l'ed the files" is when updated through the Galaxy client. The Witcher 3 also had some large offline patches that took a bit of time to install.

i've had it happen with some of my own games over the last few years and see the same question as yours on multiple forums about other GOG games.
people also asking why a 4GB patch may need 100GB of space to install. it's the same reason; the installer\patcher needs that much extra space to unload large game archives, replace data, and then re-compress the files again. it's just that in CP2077's case, and quite a few others, this takes more time than usual due to the type of compression used for both patches and game files.
rather than release a huge patch that could be 90% of the game's initial size that just replaces whole game archives, this way saves space and download time. just costs us much longer to implement those offline patches.
Post edited December 22, 2020 by GObonzo
Yes, from space perspective just get two separate SSDs - one for your games / storage speed sensitive apps and another for your operating system. Modern motherboards all allow you to install at least two M.2 NVM drives. I've moved from HDD to SSD earlier this year for games as I just got tired of the loading times.
Kashrlyyk: In order to reduce the temperature in my Ryzen 7 1700X CPU I had to change the affinity to 6 threads. The game worked great with that change.

After Patch 1.05 changing the affinity to 6 threads creates frequent freezes of 2-3 seconds!
These freezes are gone when I DON'T change the affinity but then I get frequent overheating warnings.

Great job. CDPR!
If there's any scenario where your parts are overheating, you need to fix your cooling. Whether that's buying a better cooler or adjusting the fan curve for the one you have, it shouldn't ever be possible to make your components overheat.

I'm pretty mad at CDPR for a lot of things right now, but this overheating issue is on you.
Kashrlyyk: In order to reduce the temperature in my Ryzen 7 1700X CPU I had to change the affinity to 6 threads. The game worked great with that change.

After Patch 1.05 changing the affinity to 6 threads creates frequent freezes of 2-3 seconds!
These freezes are gone when I DON'T change the affinity but then I get frequent overheating warnings.

Great job. CDPR!
Ragmand: If there's any scenario where your parts are overheating, you need to fix your cooling. Whether that's buying a better cooler or adjusting the fan curve for the one you have, it shouldn't ever be possible to make your components overheat.

I'm pretty mad at CDPR for a lot of things right now, but this overheating issue is on you.
Yeah.
Also clean out the inside of your computer at least once a year.