It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I first started playing during patch 1.2

At that time, I noticed, and brought attention to, numerous problems, including item tooltips failing to pop up, loot that was superglued in place and couldn't be looted, and waaaaaay too much valuable game time being wasted on unskippable bullshit that carries no chance of failure or death, no choices with long-term consequences, and literally nothing to do but press "F" over and over again every 5 seconds.

Then 1.3 dropped, and guess what? NOTHING was fixed. The unlootable loot was addressed by simply Thanos-snapping 90% of the loot out of existence at random. The bug was still there, but you noticed it 90% less often, so that counts for something, right? The patch notes said "Item tooltip will no longer disappear if its content is too long", but this was an outright lie (note: it's not clear that tooltip length was ever the issue. I think I've seen this happen even on common-quality loot). The only unskippable bullshit that we were given the option of skipping through was the braindance tutorial. But there was a NEW bug! NPCs on the street now -T-pose at the beginning of the prologue cinematic!

That was when I more or less quit. I came back for a little while during 1.5 to see what was up, but again, nothing had been fixed; the devs had wasted their time on adding apartments instead. NPCs on the street in the opening cinematic were still T-posing end everything.

I finally came back again yesterday to test-drive 2.12a, and bugs are still being swept under the rug instead of solved. V now looks up at the beginning of the prologue cinematic so she can't see the NPCs T-posing in the street. There has been a second Thanos-snap of loot. I haven't seen any items with missing tooltips yet, but until I do, I get to experience NEW bugs! My first time rescuing Sandra Dorsett, I looted a Copperhead and it failed to appear in my inventory. It just... vanished from existence. Then I got a BSOD when entering Yorinobu's penthouse in the braindance. Cyberpunk has crashed to desktop with an error message plenty of times on me before, but it has never BSODed on me until now. Finally, when doing the gig "Small Man, Big Evil" (the one where you climb up a fire escape and fight your way through a bunch of Tiger Claws to kill the guy who was supplying the other guy with joytoys to torture and kill for braindances), my computer outright froze and I had to reach for the power button and do a hard reboot. Again, first time that's ever happened to me in Cyberpunk. And I'm STILL being forced to sit through literally hours of unskippable bullshit that consists only of pressing "F" every 5 seconds.

But hey, we have a working monorail system now! That totally makes up for everything, right?

And this isn't even touching all the changes that were made to clothing, the perk trees, crafting, etc. in the 2.0 update. I can't claim that those are **objectively** worse. Different strokes, I guess. But why am I now limited to crafting only 1 of each Iconic weapon? Why can't I have one Psalm 11 for my trophy case and another to light gangoons on fire with? Speaking of lighting gangoons on fire, the change to Fenrir makes no sense. Fenrir is named after a mythical creature that I don't know anything about so I can easily imagine that it was capable of breathing fire like a dragon, in which case the gun's ability made perfect sense flavor-wise. But I can't imagine a creature from Viking mythology exhaling EMP bursts to disable cyberware. If it was really necessary to add an easily accessible EMP Iconic to the early game and reduce the number of incendiary Iconics from 2 to 1, maybe Buzzsaw's ability should have been given to Fenrir, and the EMP ability should have been given to Buzzsaw? Or maybe the devs should have spent their time on actually fixing the game instead of screwing around with nonsense like this.
Having played since patch 1.03, I can tell you a LOT has changed since day 1. Mostly proper ultrawide support for one.
Portal 2 supports 48:9 aspect ratio, yet Cyberpunk 2077 did not, not on release. There were T-poses galore, bugs for weeks, glitches for days, and if you didn't make a save before you did anything related to a scripted mission, you were f**ked. Something I learned way too late.

These days though...I blame the additions of all these fancy beta features. FSR, XeSS, RT v3 and whatnot. You're asking a game to flawlessly combine hardcoded features between the game itself, your hardware and even your firmware. Where even a single conflict with a driver, a Windows patch or your BIOS will make the game crash or your computer freeze. Or BSOD.

Frankly, it's a miracle the game even runs at all these days. And personally, I prefer the BSOD over the game crash or system freeze. With an error code, and I can at least troubleshoot the issue. Simple game crashes never seems to be consistent, and if the system freezes, it's usually accompanied by the generic Windows log error "Kernel Power event ID 41" - a code infamously known for being basically unsolvable.

This is why I am running my games strictly native, no AI frames or BS upscaling. If my hardware cannot run a game satisfactory, at the resolution I want (and I'm never a stickler for the graphics fidelity, I still think Half-Life 2 looks beautiful), it's time for an upgrade.

I'm not saying the game is properly fixed now, far from it, but I would argue patch 2.1 was probably the peak. Or, if Phantom Liberty is not to your liking, patch 1.63. I never liked the "total overhauls" the game has done with the item statistics - twice. And if you truly want to enjoy the game, mods are a requirement anyway. With the most basic being CyberEngineTweaks (CET).
It's nowhere near the same game it was at launch.

Appreciate your opinion, though.
I never said anything about "patch 1.03" or "launch". I said nothing has been fixed since 1.2

Ultrawide can go to hell. Widescreen in general can go to hell. Widescreen was easily the second-biggest mistake in the history of screen-based entertainment (the biggest being interlacing), and the sooner the industry pulls its head out of its ass and goes back to making everything in fullscreen, the better.

To be fair, I like some of the changes in the 2.0 update. Wrecking Ball is now my favorite perk from ANY version of the game, with Focus Mode right behind it, and I kinda like how items have linear upgrade paths that prevent you from accidentally fucking yourself over by doing too many rarity upgrades in a row and making future level upgrades prohibitively expensive. I also like how crafting and upgrading are now available to everyone so maxing out the Technical attribute is no longer necessary to get the most out of Iconic weapons. But the monorail system is a joke compared to how boats and zeppelins worked in World of Warcraft, a game that is now twenty years old. Overall, the experience is a big sidegrade.
I'm dissapointed that there wont be a fix for game stutters that was brought by patch 2.11 and 2.12.
Played 2.1 on 13600K, 4070, 64gb ram, played 2K ultra settings with RT on had 60-65 fps, sometimes drops till 50 fps. But still game run smoothly. But with the patch 2.12 stutters all the time, no matter what settings, resolution. Without mods. Tried the mod from nexus that claims to fix stutters, for some time it helped, I even installed some other mods. But at some point stutters appeared again. As I looked through internet found some coments saying that it is because new setting hybrid CPU utilization they added in 2.11. And to get rid of stutters those who have 13th and 14th gen proccesors needs to turn something off in BIOS. WTF. And it seemed that they wont fix the issue.