It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hopefully I'm posting this on the right place.
Got the game from GOG and it has the latest patch and everything.
I'm currently running on AMD Ryzen 7 2700 alongside gtx1080 on 16gb ram.

The game runs fine on the outskirts of the city. Hits the 60fps mark without any issues. However whenever it gets within crowded zones it starts messing up bad. I've seen the fps drop as low as 18 while on a vehicle and around 25 while on foot while roaming.

I've tried lowering all the settings to low and pretty much the same thing happens. I also tried the Slow hdd mode and it boosted it up by a little but not that much.

Now I know that it should at least hold a solid 40fps at least on medium while on the most crowded areas but it's not doing that. Is there something that I might be missing?

(Also tried this EZ thing and it boosted it up a little more but it's still not good)
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
epochial: Hopefully I'm posting this on the right place.
Got the game from GOG and it has the latest patch and everything.
I'm currently running on AMD Ryzen 7 2700 alongside gtx1080 on 16gb ram.

The game runs fine on the outskirts of the city. Hits the 60fps mark without any issues. However whenever it gets within crowded zones it starts messing up bad. I've seen the fps drop as low as 18 while on a vehicle and around 25 while on foot while roaming.

I've tried lowering all the settings to low and pretty much the same thing happens. I also tried the Slow hdd mode and it boosted it up by a little but not that much.

Now I know that it should at least hold a solid 40fps at least on medium while on the most crowded areas but it's not doing that. Is there something that I might be missing?

(Also tried this EZ thing and it boosted it up a little more but it's still not good)
Your config looks similar to mine (except I have 1700X) and game runs great in FullHD with everything on "Ultra" and "High". However I am still on 1.04 b/c it works fine for me and a habit of not fixing what is not broken. I also wonder what resolution are you running the game. Another pointer could be videocard drivers: mine are from Dec 9 2020.
Also on gtx1080, my res is 3440x1440, mix of low,medium and hi settings, most of the time is 50+ fps, just using static cas 80%, mayby try that
I'm currently running it on 1920x1080 so it shouldn't be giving out any issues on that side aswell.
I tried completely uninstalling the drivers of the gpu and re installed it from nvidia geforce the latest that it could find.

Also I tried usint the stat on 80%, dropped it to the very bottom aswell but the fps still goes too low.
check cpu and gpu usage (ie. msi afterburnner) in game. My 7700k@5 is doing mostly nothing, not sure how your cpu comapre. beside that - nvidia control panel - max performance in energy setting, low latency on, texture - performance.
Didnt set anything special, for me
epochial: I'm currently running it on 1920x1080 so it shouldn't be giving out any issues on that side aswell.
I tried completely uninstalling the drivers of the gpu and re installed it from nvidia geforce the latest that it could find.

Also I tried usint the stat on 80%, dropped it to the very bottom aswell but the fps still goes too low.
Try to downgrade the game to the version 1.04 (if you have a space backup your install so if that wouldn't work you would not need to redownload a whole bunch of stuff). I am curious if this could be the case. B/c your config is almost like mine except I have 1st gen Ryzen.
There's so much going on in the city and the view distance(cars and people are moving around, far off in the distance) is too far so you really need a beast of a PC to get high FPS in the city.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by PITERDEVRIES2077