It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello
I just downloaded the game and when i press Play in GOG launcher the button is just greyed out for couple seconds and error messega that Cyberpunk flatalined pops up.
In the stacktrace file i got:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>(0)

and in report:
Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3551602 P4CL: 4457769 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.1
and 108 "LoadedModules"

I have radeon RX580 and Phenom II X4 955. Windows10 version 19042.1348 and 21.10.2 amd graphic drivers.
I know it's old, but maybe someone knows i there is something i can do to atleast try running the game.

Tried reinstalling graphic drivers with clean uninstall, disabling antivirus and disabling overlays. So far no changes.
Does anyone have any idea how to overcome this issue?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Have you tried to verify/repair?
J Lo: Have you tried to verify/repair?
I tried verify/repair and didnt help. Tried downgrading game version to 1.3 AVX and didn;t work. Upgraded back to 1.31 and tried it, verified/repair again and still nothing helps.
J Lo: Have you tried to verify/repair?
ponku1: I tried verify/repair and didnt help. Tried downgrading game version to 1.3 AVX and didn;t work. Upgraded back to 1.31 and tried it, verified/repair again and still nothing helps.
Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Redownloaded and reinstalled the game.
Still no difference :(
I'm stumped. I suggest you contact support.
ponku1: Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>(0)
This would typically mean that the executable (or one of the DLLs called by the executable) is using a CPU instruction extension not supported on your system. Notably, your Phenom II doesn't support AVX or SSE4.1 and SSE4.2. There were some fan-made fixes to remove these requirements from older versions of the game, but I'm not sure they kept up with the latest patches to CP2077. I also thought that maybe CDProjekt removed the AVX requirement, but I don't have confirmation handy.

I too was hoping to play the game on my other computer, which has the same CPU as you. I gave up on that eventually and have been enjoying the game on a slightly newer system.
I tried removing all visual C++ redistributables and installing all of them in order from scratch.
I tried downgrading the game to 1.23 and apply fixes for SSE4 and AVX from nexusmods (although xouldnt get the one for avx to work; but supposedly cdpr patched avx requirement in 1.31 anyway).
Still no change at all.
I guess maybe i'll try reinstalling Windows if i got time; if it wont work i think i would need to try to get refund :(
Post edited November 16, 2021 by ponku1
My only suggestion is trying to reinstall the redistributables with the game, but I'm not certain how to do so. There might be an option for you in Galaxy. I know there is for some games.

Good luck, you should be able to run it on your system, just be prepared it's not going to run well.
ponku1: supposedly cdpr patched avx requirement in 1.31 anyway).
It was the patch between 1.3 and 1.31 called 1.3 AVX. But yes, if you have 1.31 installed it includes the 1.3 AVX.
I formated and reinstalled whole Windows 10. Installed all vc++ redistributables and newest graphic drivers.
Still nothing helped.
I guess there is nothing else to do and Cyberpunk will just not work on my PC.
ponku1: I guess there is nothing else to do and Cyberpunk will just not work on my PC.
Did you contact support? They will most likely want to know the steps you have done (so whatever you wrote here) and also your DirectX Diagnostics Tool file. (Start > Run... > dxdiag -> Save All Information...).
Have the same problem, played the game before, took a 6 month break, now when i press play in galaxy it goes grey for 2 seconds, resyncs then goes back to normal. Tried starting in admin mode from exe no response or error message, reinstalled, verified files, reinstalled galaxy, deleted and reinstalled c++. No problem with other galaxy/steam games.
Will contact support now ,and report back if i get an solution.
I built myself a new PC with parts that allow me to play on mostly high settings with a smooth framerate. When I first tried to play the game, it loaded no problem and ran fine for me. However, then I rebooted for something else and when I tried to play the game again, it did this same issue. It would start up, I'd hear the very beginning of the audio you hear for the CDPR logo splash screen and then it'd crash. I got similar errors to the OP.

I've tried every suggestion on the GOG support pages and on other sites, all to no avail. It makes absolutely ZERO sense. I didn't change a thing, it just stopped working despite working flawlessly just a few minutes prior. I sent a ticket to support, I really hope either they can fix the issue or someone comes up with a suggestion here because I really want to finally play Cyberpunk with a good framerate and great graphics.
Your CPU is too old, plain and simple.