It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maybe this is a unique issue to me, I easily get migraines so the smoother the camera movement the better.

For whatever reason the mouse-look is choppy no matter what I do. Vsync on/off, Framerate limiter on/off, frame generation on/off nothing improves it. To be clear this isn't an issue with FPS, standing still the image is buttery smooth but you look around and suddenly it feels like I'm getting 50-55fps or something, and to make it even more aggravating it's like random hitches completely unpredictable little 'pfts' as I look around.

I've even turned the game to the bare lowest settings on 1080p using a friggin Geforce 4090 and it still does it.

The Vsync setting in game seems completely broken as the FPS counter shows it not doing crap if its on or off. I can force Vsync, Low Latancy Mode, and Framerate Limiter on through Nvidia CP and YES.. it does finally make the mouselook smooth BUT the mouse-look delay is now so bad I can barely aim and shoot for crap.

Is ANYONE else running into this and knows how to fix it? I love this game but this is ruining my experience.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I think I understand the experience, but that is impossible to troubleshoot without you at least listing your hardware, including which mouse and monitor you're using.

But some basic things:
- Make damn sure the game is installed on a SSD.
- Disable Windows mouse accelleration.
- Disable xBox gamebar, and any recording features that might introduce latency on your gaming experience.
- Disable any FPS limiter in the Nvidia control panel.

Game settings:
- Disable DLSS or any other upscaling features.
- Disable RayTracing.
- Disable Film Grain, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Lens Flare and Motion Blur.
- Disable Vsync.
- Set to Minimum anything that includes shadows.

You want as little as possible introducing an artificial limitation between the game, your inputs and what you see on your monitor.

I can't say I have the same issue on my PC, so if you want,I can list my exact specifications and game settings if you want to compare. And I only have a RTX 3080.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by PaladinNO
I can confirm that this is just normal Cyberpunk performance. The only way that I have been able to achieve smoothness is with framerate limiting. However, the one in the game is awful giving bad frametimes, and the one in NVCP does not do the trick any better. Use RivaTuner to limit instead. With my setup…3090, 10900k, 32 Gb of DDR4 3200mhz cl 16, and a Samsung Evo NVMe ssd….I limit to 50 fps with in-game vsync and I am able to achieve near buttery smoothness with Rt Psycho DLSS Quality max settings @1440p. However, I also have a Gsync monitor as well. The game is sensitive to your Ram speed and latency. The higher the speed, the lower the latency, the smoother the game becomes. Also, if you are becoming cpu bound try Nvidia reflex to remedy that instead of the low latency mode option…..,does the same thing, but better.p and at the game engine level instead of driver level.

Also, remember to clear your shader caches after patching, and also that save files are sensitive too. So, let’s say you have a 1.61 save and you load up 1.63. You are going to get bad performance until you save that file under 1.63 and reload. I dunno why….but all these things have been verified by me on three different systems and six 30 series cards. The 40 series isn’t even smooth with framegen honestly. This game is simply just not optimized well with RT. We’ll be there technologically by the 60 series I’d say. Funny thing is…Full path tracing is doable at about the same fps for me. I limit that to 30 fps with dlss to make it work smoothly though.. So, console level performance with full PT at a scaled res. Lol. Frame generation might be the problem too. Turn those fake frames off.

Edit: a person could also be running out of vram or sys ram. Games get choppy like that when they have to use system ram instead of vram. They also get choppy when sys ram is insufficient. My settings use about 10 to 11 gb of Vram and up to 15gb of system ram. That wouldn’t be your problem with a 4090 (vram)…but I mention for others in the same situation.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by RizzoCuoco