It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Instead of ranting, how bad the game is and shouting "they lied", "pathetic game" or "crappy game" I decided to open a thread where we can give devs some food for thought, while they are trying (I hope so) to iron out the problems with the game. I'll start and write down the most point, that prevent me from enjoying this game. Let's start.

1. Character customization. I'm am happy with the details and character customization in general. However this completely misses the point, since the game doesn't offer 3rd person view in any way, no cutscenes, no conversations, no gameplay, apart from riding a bike. So customization, including different clothes are completely pointless at this stage of the game. Just wear what has the best armor, doesn't matter how ridiculous you might look..

2. Story. Didn't finish the game yet, kinda struggling with playing it...
The paths you choose, didn't seem to have any big impact on the game besides first 15 minutes and additional conversation choices.
So much hyped consequences of your decisions and choices in the city? There are pretty much none! At least nothing noticeable. If it isn't noticeable, it probably doesn't exist...
I'm pretty sure everyone expected a game where you get from zero to hero, however, you skip that and start as a very reputable merc in NC. Everybody calls you, everybody knows you, everybody, wants you.. so that talk with Jackie about getting into the big league is kind of out of the place, since there isn't bigger league, then you start off... The devs skipped that part completely and put it into a short cutscene... so goes the immersion... The games core element is obsolete and sadly unsalvageable...

3. Weapons and other items. Never was a fan of Diablo or even better/worse example - Hellgate:London itemization. It's very cheap and lazy solution. Instead of finding other means, they just lock out missions and areas with level and item level cap. Which doesn't work in CP2077 anyway.
I avoid using mods throughout the whole game, cause I know, the next guy will probably drop common T-Shirt with better stats,then that legendary jacket I got from a boss fight 10 minutes ago... It's pretty much so - the next dropped item has +10 dmg more, I need to use it, and my mods go to waste, since you cannot remove them... same goes with weapons and clothes. Upgrading items especially epic and legendary is just cost inefficient and usually early legendary items need to be upgraded A LOT OF TIMES to get somewhere near that common T-Shirt I just got...
No real weapon customization, no skins, no visual mods, apart from scopes, makes it even easier to throw you last used weapon away, since, you didn't build any kind of connection to it, it's not unique..

4. Cars and driving mechanics. Since it aims to be GTA-like free roam city, cars are suppose to play a big role in the game. Sadly, apart from looking good, it is a huge disappointment in every single aspect.
Driving mechanics feels wonky and unresponsive, it's feels more like a sliding brick on ice, then a car... To be honest, driving is so bad, I prefer fast travel.
Minimap zoom also causes to miss most of turns at higher speeds..
No car customization - there is simply no excuse for that...
No dust trails, while driving in the desert, no muddy and dirty textures, so car can get gradually dirtier after driving in badlands.. no trails while driving on a wet road... it was ok 10 years ago without stuff like that, now it's more or less a standard!

5. City. I don't care about NPCs daily routine, as long as they are not glitchy and I don't see 10 of the same NPCs in one place, I'm okay with that. City or better the whole map itself is well crafted, there are parts which have been rushed, there are some roads, that look like they were build with legos, some areas were put together in a rush, with edgy curves and stuff like that.

6. AI. There are plenty of videos to show how bad AI in the game is. It is pretty much the most basic AI, that I can remember being in games that are 20 years old... Police is pretty much non-existant in the game. It's mainly not AI problem, but rather very bad game design, but shooting hundreds of (any) gang members doesn't affect your relationship with them throughout the game whatsoever.

7. Bugs and glitches. I haven't played a single minute in the game not encountering a bug or a glitch. Most of them are visual, but they are EVERYWHERE!!!! Pretty much every visual effect doesn't work as it's supposed to work. You ever tried to reload a mission where you ride with Panam to kill Nash? No? You should! It's one of the glitches I could reproduce every single load. Loading and reloading causes all kind of glitches and bugs...
The most annoying though are gamebreaking, or rather missionbreaking bugs.
Second most annoying broken and bugged looting mechanics. Sometimes there are bodies and things, that you just cannot pickup/loot. It's mostly caused by collision bugs. You cant loot a body if it's stuck into the wall or similar. Also mostly mechs, robots and drones keep showing loot icon, after I looted them. I think it has something to do with the mech loot perk. I'm supposed to find extra loot, but it just isn't random generating...
Third most annoying are the overlapping dialogs. People calling you during missions and mission dialogs etc. Some dialogs are so messed up, that more then one person is talking at the same time. I also had no sound no subtitles dialogs, you just get to say/answer something, to what you didn't even hear...
I personally never had game crashes.

8. Skill and cyberware. Put them both together, since they supplement each other, or I should rather says, cyberware it's just a fancy custom skill tree, which don't give you any visual changes while you keep adding cyberware into your body? In which case I'd rather it would be removed and they kept only old school skill tree. Which in this game is also underpowered and doesn't work very well with character development. I just ignored adding skill and perk points for most of the game, since I didn't really saw perks or skill, that I wanted to improve... And you know what, I saw no difference since I added all those points. Some of the perks doesn't seem to work. Like looting mechs giving you extra mods. Got 3 perk points invested, never got a single mod looting a bot or a drone, but that comes to the bugged looting mechanics I guess...

There is more to add, and you are welcome to do it. I restrained myself from getting a refund, since I just still hope, they can fix the game to the state where it is enjoyable again, and maybe add features, that where promised and never made to the final game, cause even glitch and bug-free Cyberpunk 2077 will remain mediocre game if it retains the same core elements and features...
Post edited December 22, 2020 by ryckak
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
Apart from most crashes/bugs/glitches:

- Censoring or removing the more mature content AFTER releasing the game. And taking a shower with clothes on is normal, right?

- Can't change body type/size, get a haircut, tattoo or remove one arm to install a rocket launcher.

- Cyberware in the game is just underwhelming and underutilized, and you can't remove weaponmods.

- Combining loot-system, with stealth and bullet-sponged enemies is a bad combo of game mechanics. CDPR tried to put everything in the game, but also took much out of the game that really mattered (like story and choices) and the result is a bit messy. And there's almost no reason to upgrade any weapon because you'll soon get a better one pretty soon. Looting is sometimes bothersome because you often need to be in a specific position to get them.

Going stealth with a sniper only to find out the enemies can take 2-4 bullets to their head is not funny, and all hell breaks loose.

The NPCs are stupid so there's not really a challenge, but changing to harder modes will make them more spongy and that only makes it worse. Using shotgun here is just useless unless the enemy is right in front of the barrel.

- Savesystem is broken. If it hits around 8MB it gets irrecoverably corrupted. Sometimes even before.

- Atmosphere and immersion is borderline broken many places, even in the main story. Places you visit are either designed to be empty or just depressing. Even in a sin city you'd expect people to enjoy themselves and lack of that kills the motive to play further.

- Almost nothing traffic outside of the city, and turning around will circulate the one or two cars there. Looking from far away will reveal that cars are only 2D boxes moving around. And if you move closer they're just gone, empty roads. And they almost always run you over. In GTA they often stopped.

- Not being able change the keys, and having crouch button the same as skip is almost unforgivable in 2020. It's also a little weird to use F for many things, since E is a lot better and faster to reach. At least with my fingers.

- Little to no "AI". The NCPD spawns right next to you and can kill you with just a few bullets. Now that's next-gen surprise mechanics! And if you run or drive just around the corner they will forget you since they can't run or drive. Even the drones can't follow you.

And the NPCs really are lifeless, with different voices and volume on the same NPC. According CDPR they should be having "a life of their own".

- With the exception of the combat music and some of those played in bars and such, the music for the most is bad and nothing memorable, especially the radio channels. Too bad they didn't add things that people like and connect with the theme "cyberpunk". I usually turn to youtube or other places.

- Things you do in the different areas or regions have no impact, and there are no standings to speak of here. Not even what you do for the NCPD. Sometimes just by looking at a gang-member or a police will make the NPC almost instantly shoot you.

- Why have a button to answer the phone if it's just going to auto-answer anyway? And often these messages just get jumbled together, especially if you drive fast through the city. The same with the really slow pop-ups of all the loot, even long time after you've picked something up or sold it.

- Now, the game is really detailed and beautiful, love to just drive around, and the story is relatively good. However, CDPR, until very recently, sold the game as an immersive RPG, only to get downsized to a linear looter-shooter. Lack of immersion and choices kills the game.
Post edited December 23, 2020 by sanscript
While I think that it's unacceptable that we have to go though this, I gotta say that they have been really fast each time that I have reported a bug or glitch via the website, and they took the matter seriously by asking useful non-automated questions and all once they replied to my email. They were really fast in their replies, too, so I bet that they're truly hard at work to fix everything that they can as fast as possible. So, for now and given their past record, I'm willing to give them a chance and see if they can sort out this mess. In other words, I think that it might be a good idea to give them this constructive feedback, as maybe they'll take it into the game after all the technical issues are fixed. One can only hope.
I just want the CTD's to stop.

I'm fine with the gameplay; I mean they could improve a few things, but that's stuff for next year... probably after the first few patches of the new year, even.
ryckak: 6. AI. There are plenty of videos to show how bad AI in the game is. It is pretty much the most basic AI, that I can remember being in games that are 20 years old... Police is pretty much non-existant in the game. It's mainly not AI problem, but rather very bad game design, but shooting hundreds of (any) gang members doesn't affect your relationship with them throughout the game whatsoever.
The non existing AI was what made me put the game down in the end after 20 hours. I was disappointed in the non immersive city with NPCs that were statists disappearing when I looked away, I was disappointed by the way the game described its world by bombarding me with hundreds of not so interesting texts to read (and by the way after 2 or 3 or them in a row I had the feeling my eyes would fall out of my head because of the font colour and background combination) but when I realised the core mechanics of the game were not only "not working" but simply not implemented I quit.

The precise moment was when I tried to sneak into a location hiding behind a garbage container. It seemed I was not careful enough because I was spotted. I readied my rifle and waited for the attackers who were constantly yelling insults at me to approach me. On the minimap I could see that they began moving around in the small area. I waited and they didn't stop yelling and walking around aimless. I waited a little while more because I thought if they don't know where I am and they don't start looking for me they have to give up sometime. Didn't happen, I decided to make myself dinner letting the game run and when I came back an hour later the two guys where still yelling insults at me running around without any plan and without any success in finding me.

This was the moment when I finally gave up. Stealth was the last gameplay element I had to try and I didn't expected it to be on par with Metal Gear Solid but with less complex titles like Dishonored and in the end it turned out stealth mechanics weren't implemented in the game at all.

I have no hope for this game. The only way to get this thing on the road would be to start from scratch.
Post edited December 23, 2020 by Chris23235