It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I am just preloading CP77.

I've seen that you have to chose the language before you catually download the game.
Which is usually the case.

I chose German as my option.

But I dont know if I might want to change to English afterwards for better voice acting (even though the german one seems to be rather good this time.)

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to chose the language in the menus or something? Or is it going to be just a patch?

Best regards.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by megajellyfish
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
megajellyfish: Hi,

I am just preloading CP77.

I've seen that you have to chose the language before you catually download the game.
Which is usually the case.

I chose German as my option.

But I dont know if I might want to change to English afterwards for better voice acting (even though the german one seems to be rather good this time.)

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to chose the language in the menus or something? Or is it going to be just a patch?

Best regards.
If it is similar to the prior CDPR games, you will probably be required to download the respective audio/language files if you change the language. For Witcher 3 those were around 4GB in size per language if I recall correctly.
In GOG Galaxy click on Cyberpunk then on settings. ->Manage installation -> configure -> Language.

I preloaded in english, when I change it to german, GOG downloads another 4.5GB, when I change it to english it doesn't download anything and also removes those 4.5GB from the game folder again. Looks like the game always contains the english audio
Thanks for the info. Gonna be prepared when it's launched then. :)
EVPointMaster: when I change it to english it doesn't download anything and also removes those 4.5GB from the game folder again.
Are you sure? So you cant switch back and forth without downloading german again?
EVPointMaster: when I change it to english it doesn't download anything and also removes those 4.5GB from the game folder again.
420Bender: Are you sure? So you cant switch back and forth without downloading german again?
I hope that's not how it works for user's sake.
420Bender: Are you sure? So you cant switch back and forth without downloading german again?
I'm asssuming you can change between available languages in game.

But it is kinda odd, that it only let's you install english + 1 other language
EVPointMaster: I'm asssuming you can change between available languages in game.

I think it downloads the language pack when you change the language. English is included and then other language(s) are downloaded when chosen only.
EVPointMaster: I'm asssuming you can change between available languages in game.

midrand: I think it downloads the language pack when you change the language. English is included and then other language(s) are downloaded when chosen only.
Can anyone confirm if there's a way to have the interface in one language and speech in another? For example, I would like to have the UI in english but speech in the original Polish, perhaps with english subtitles. Thanks.
I can confirm that currently TERE IS NO OPTION TO CHANGE LANGUAGE - on GOG client. I've downloaded 63GB game on GOG client. When the download/install started it asked me for a language. I have selected Polish but then the game was in English and it did NOT let me change that in game. Furthermore I have checked the game directory and it did have language files affixed with "_pl". In the gog client when I went co configure -> language it already said Polish. So I've changed it to English, it started downloading 1MB and stopped. Then changed it back to Polish in gog client and it started to download 4.3GB language file. Just finished, I restarted everything, again checked if everything is set to Polish in GOG client - it is - and yet still.... game in English only, can't change text, audio or interface. "Polish" game....
midrand: I think it downloads the language pack when you change the language. English is included and then other language(s) are downloaded when chosen only.
Waynoooo: Can anyone confirm if there's a way to have the interface in one language and speech in another? For example, I would like to have the UI in english but speech in the original Polish, perhaps with english subtitles. Thanks.
Yes, you can change "Audio", "Subtitles" and "Interface" language separately in the main menu. For Subtitles and Interface you can choose between all 15 languages, for Audio only between English and +1 Language that you selected during Download.
In fact, GOG downloads a number of languages, as I can change from English to French and back without loading in the game menu. It certainly didn't help with the two days of download…
However, it does not save these changes. For this, you have to change the language from Galaxy. That IS possible, contrary to what someone said above. You do it in the menu next to the "play" button, then go to Manage installation then configure (or the equivalent in English or your language)
Last, you CAN change the language from the game interface, but have to do it before to load or start any game. You can chose different language for speech, subtitles and interface, but your choice is reset when restarting the game.