It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-dev-cd-projekt-red-trademark-strike-unrelated-cyberpunk-game/

"In a post published on Twitter recently, user and game developer Ethan H. Reynolds has struck out against CD Projekt Red, the studio behind Cyberpunk 2077, after their own game, Neon Nights, was issued with a trademark strike. The strike claims that Reynolds' game, specifically the artwork, is alleged to be "violating rights" despite the fact that their game is not related in any way to Cyberpunk. Reynolds says in their tweet that this could be down to a corporate bot that simply scans for the word "cyberpunk" despite the fact that, according to the tweet, the word can relate to a genre as well as a specific game name."

I briefly checked the game and it doesn't seem to be related to Cyberpunk 2077 in any way. The wasteland is more Fallout than Cyberpunk 2077, weapon types are different, factions are different, everything is different. And if the artwork they mention is the one on the cover, I don't really see it. Typical 80's futuristic style with blue and magenta. Closer to Runaway Droid's album covers than anything in Cyberpunk 2077.

I think this must be a mistake. I hope CDPR redacts the trademark strike.
frogthroat: https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-dev-cd-projekt-red-trademark-strike-unrelated-cyberpunk-game/

"In a post published on Twitter recently, user and game developer Ethan H. Reynolds has struck out against CD Projekt Red, the studio behind Cyberpunk 2077, after their own game, Neon Nights, was issued with a trademark strike.
I hope so, too. How disappointing. Is CDPR trying to destroy their reputation? News flash: The setting, look and so much more of Cyberpunk, the role-playing game, isn't original. Not even many of the game mechanics. As with so many other systems, the umbrella of intellectual property in the states is broken.

Aside: I'm still mind boggled that Cyberpunk was released in the condition it was, followed by the lies from CDPR employees, which made things worse (Yes, lies - I find it difficult to believe that people are as stupid as their telling the truth would make them). While I enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 a great deal (much of it ranks among my favorite gaming experiences), I don't think it's possible to make it what it was advertised to be. I hope I'm wrong.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by vespa35
frogthroat: https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-dev-cd-projekt-red-trademark-strike-unrelated-cyberpunk-game/

"In a post published on Twitter recently, user and game developer Ethan H. Reynolds has struck out against CD Projekt Red, the studio behind Cyberpunk 2077, after their own game, Neon Nights, was issued with a trademark strike. The strike claims that Reynolds' game, specifically the artwork, is alleged to be "violating rights" despite the fact that their game is not related in any way to Cyberpunk. Reynolds says in their tweet that this could be down to a corporate bot that simply scans for the word "cyberpunk" despite the fact that, according to the tweet, the word can relate to a genre as well as a specific game name."

I briefly checked the game and it doesn't seem to be related to Cyberpunk 2077 in any way. The wasteland is more Fallout than Cyberpunk 2077, weapon types are different, factions are different, everything is different. And if the artwork they mention is the one on the cover, I don't really see it. Typical 80's futuristic style with blue and magenta. Closer to Runaway Droid's album covers than anything in Cyberpunk 2077.

Update to the news article:
"The reason why our legal team reacted was because of the Cyberpunk 2077 trademark was being used (in the tags) to sell unrelated products. This information was also included in the original email you received and partially quoted."
Chambs: Cyberpunk 2077 trademark was being used (in the tags) to sell unrelated products.
Ah, and the tags are gone. At least I can't find any specifically Cyberpunk 2077 related tag there. The paid version has a tag "Open World" but that's a type of game. I guess he removed the tags and then stirred the media for publicity. CDP might have made him a favour with this.