It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So, I've been searching these forums (have nothing else to do since I can't play the frigging game), and I see people talking about a ~10 GB patch... but my download page says it's downloading a 63 GB beast of a patch, which is exactly the size of the game I took 2 whole days to download.

Is that correct? Will I have to wait ANOTHER 2 days to finish patching my game so I can finally play? I mean, I've preordered the game more than a year ago, I've waited enough already. Besides, it'll be kinda ridiculous having to read that "it's not December 10th yet, Samurai" on December 11th or 12th...

Anyway, if anyone can clarify this one for me, it'd be very much appreciated.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Truehare
This question / problem has been solved by Hades™image
Weird... i got only ~290Mb patch and no new patches. Game is 1.03, same as offline installer.
I think there were a few different updates. I know at least 2 updates for the game.

The first one was of 10~ GB and was released today before the game was released.

When the game was released at GMT+0, I got another update of 290 MB which I believe was only to allow players to start the game (as previously you were only getting a message that said "Get back to sleep Samurai, It is not December 10th yet").
Rxxz_935: I think there were a few different updates. I know at least 2 updates for the game.

The first one was of 10~ GB and was released today before the game was released.

When the game was released at GMT+0, I got another update of 290 MB which I believe was only to allow players to start the game (as previously you were only getting a message that said "Get back to sleep Samurai, It is not December 10th yet").
That's what I've been reading on these forums, but the only update I got was this one, and it's still sitting at 15 out of 63 GB after eight or nine hours downloading (my internet connection is a piece os sh*t, as you may have guessed). The "play" button is available, but if I try to start the game, I still get the message telling me to go to sleep, which was fun in the beginning but is starting to really get on my nerves.

Looks like I'll have to wait for the weekend to play this one... two more days after eight years is almost nothing, I know, but it doesn't feel fair when I see everybody else already playing the game.

Oh, well. Who knows, maybe until then they'll have released another (smaller) patch fixing the key rebinding problem, the lack of a "walk" button and the horrible "double tap to dodge" design choice I've been reading about...
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Truehare
Are you playing in Portuguese? I saw here in the forum that there is a problem with the Brazillian portuguese, if they are to fix it... this might be it. I noticed the game is actually bigger in pt-br, so I choose english, my game stayed at 59gb.
I had 3 downloads....

Preload was 56GB
Game day patch was 9GB
Newest patch was 241MB

So the total download would be 65GB
Outsiders: I had 3 downloads....

Preload was 56GB
Game day patch was 9GB
Newest patch was 241MB

Can you check your folder what is the actual size of it. Mine is 59,6 GB and I can't even launch the game.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by kivva
Outsiders: I had 3 downloads....

Preload was 56GB
Game day patch was 9GB
Newest patch was 241MB

kivva: Can you check your folder what is the actual size of it. Mine is 59,6 GB and I can't even launch the game.
Check the integrity of the game. Normal size is 63GB so you're missing stuff for sure.
Preload 59gb
Patch 49gb
Patch 2 259mb
Post edited December 10, 2020 by trebor8273
kivva: Can you check your folder what is the actual size of it. Mine is 59,6 GB and I can't even launch the game.
Dimerite: Check the integrity of the game. Normal size is 63GB so you're missing stuff for sure.
I downloaded english version so maybe the size is different. Screw it, now I'm downloading 104 GB offline version, Thank god for 200 mbit internet.
trebor8273: Preload 59gb
Patch 49gb
Patch 2 259mb
So what is your actual size of the game folder?
Post edited December 10, 2020 by kivva
Mine's just over 60gb, so a little confused by the first patch
Hades™: Are you playing in Portuguese? I saw here in the forum that there is a problem with the Brazillian portuguese, if they are to fix it... this might be it. I noticed the game is actually bigger in pt-br, so I choose english, my game stayed at 59gb.
Wow, who could imagine a simple translation would make such a huge difference in the file size! I cancelled the monstrous update, chose English as the game language, and voilà! The update is now a much more reasonable 9.9 Gb.

Obrigado, irmão (ou irmã), you saved my sanity.
Hades™: Are you playing in Portuguese? I saw here in the forum that there is a problem with the Brazillian portuguese, if they are to fix it... this might be it. I noticed the game is actually bigger in pt-br, so I choose english, my game stayed at 59gb.
Truehare: Wow, who could imagine a simple translation would make such a huge difference in the file size! I cancelled the monstrous update, chose English as the game language, and voilà! The update is now a much more reasonable 9.9 Gb.

Obrigado, irmão (ou irmã), you saved my sanity.
De nada irmão! Fico feliz que deu certo para você! Boa jogatina!