It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I received an official physical edition yesterday, but the code on the card is one of those incomplete/fake/whatever 19-digit 9JM-6616D-211B9-FEA... style codes.

Now I've read that GOG is warning people not to buy from third party keyseller sites, but this is not the case here and I can't seem to find any other response from GOG. I've read that some users are claiming this stuff will not be solved for at leat 2 weeks, but nothing official afaik?

Also I get no response from service desks etc. I get that it's probably flooding with messages, but this issue is big enough to at least put out an official statement and some extra effort to fix it. People who did the effort to buy an official site are being left in the cold, not even able to register the game or even knowing what's going on.

*edit, 19 digit instead of 17*
Post edited December 11, 2020 by dennie84
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Edited the post, title is faulty too.

19-digit key code instead of 17.
dennie84: Edited the post, title is faulty too.

Refund it, where you bought it. My was 18 digit.
dennie84: Edited the post, title is faulty too.

mythdragon: Refund it, where you bought it. My was 18 digit.
Problem is, others from the same store have reported the same issue.
mythdragon: Refund it, where you bought it. My was 18 digit.
dennie84: Problem is, others from the same store have reported the same issue.
Still, it is store and distributor issue to handle, you are entitled to working copy or refund. Get refund and buy somewhere else it will be much faster.
dennie84: Problem is, others from the same store have reported the same issue.
mythdragon: Still, it is store and distributor issue to handle, you are entitled to working copy or refund. Get refund and buy somewhere else it will be much faster.
Except some retailers are saying "Not us, it is something GOG has to deal with" meanwhile GOG is saying retailer, so we've got both pointing fingers at one another and no one is willing to help.
Given GOG is owned by CDPR they need to make this right and fast.
mythdragon: Still, it is store and distributor issue to handle, you are entitled to working copy or refund. Get refund and buy somewhere else it will be much faster.
Window_Bait: Except some retailers are saying "Not us, it is something GOG has to deal with" meanwhile GOG is saying retailer, so we've got both pointing fingers at one another and no one is willing to help.
GoG wont help because they aren't one shippingt physical copies, it is your local distributor. Store should take it back without any fuss.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by mythdragon
Window_Bait: Except some retailers are saying "Not us, it is something GOG has to deal with" meanwhile GOG is saying retailer, so we've got both pointing fingers at one another and no one is willing to help.
mythdragon: GoG wont help because they aren't one shippingt physical copies, it is your local distributor. Store should take it back without any fuss.
Read
What
I
Said

The store will not take it back once it has been opened and the code scratched off.
Any issues after that are GOGs responsibility since it is their redemption code.
18 digits here too, bought the physical copy, works perfectly fine, I didn't add the - though
Went to the store and got my money back. Apparently they had to remove all PC versions from the store, because someone messed up the codes.
mythdragon: GoG wont help because they aren't one shippingt physical copies, it is your local distributor. Store should take it back without any fuss.
Window_Bait: Read
What
I
Said

The store will not take it back once it has been opened and the code scratched off.
Any issues after that are GOGs responsibility since it is their redemption code.
It may depend on where you live but in the EU and the UK (not in the EU since the 1st of January) it the seller that is legally responsible for any sale not the manufacturer or distributor. So if something is faulty or not as advertised then its the sellers responsibility to fix the issue or refund you, the seller then needs to get a refund or mix from there supplier.

So in this case if the seller was meant to supply a 18 digit code and they are missing one digit its their responsibility to provide the missing digit or refund you, not CDPR or GOG.
Window_Bait: Read
What
I
Said

Nope, you are becoming gog customer after entering code. All before that, you have on recipe to who you should complain. Your shop is just misleads you and you are taking it like 5 old.