It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just downloaded and installed Baldur's Gate version 66633 with file verification. Everything went ok. I then installed the 66683 hot fix, again with no errors.

When I run the game I get a "Data mismatch" error but it gives no information what is mismatched, or what files are causing the problem, so the error message is pretty useless.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what is going on, or how to fix it? Searching the forum for "Data mismatch" returned nothing on the topic.

Thank you.

edit: I just applied the 66683 to 66686 hotfix3 patch, and I still receive the same error.

galaxy_4.1.1.3636828_alteredFiles.txt
Version: 4.1.1.3636828
Platform: galaxy

-------------------------
Altered/Added files 2
EULA.txt
webcache.zip

Files in Mods folder 0
Post edited August 14, 2023 by scrubjay09
scrubjay09: I just downloaded and installed Baldur's Gate version 66633 with file verification. Everything went ok. I then installed the 66683 hot fix, again with no errors.

When I run the game I get a "Data mismatch" error but it gives no information what is mismatched, or what files are causing the problem, so the error message is pretty useless.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what is going on, or how to fix it? Searching the forum for "Data mismatch" returned nothing on the topic.

Thank you.

edit: I just applied the 66683 to 66686 hotfix3 patch, and I still receive the same error.

galaxy_4.1.1.3636828_alteredFiles.txt
Version: 4.1.1.3636828
Platform: galaxy

Altered/Added files 2
EULA.txt
webcache.zip

Files in Mods folder 0
Is that only on the launcher screen or also when you start the game. You can safely ignore the message on the launcher and play the game. Even on a clean install I get that message.
I get the exact same message with the same two files.
Post edited August 14, 2023 by ironhorse384
scrubjay09: Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what is going on, or how to fix it? Searching the forum for "Data mismatch" returned nothing on the topic.
I ended up deleting those two files from the BG3 main folder and the mismatched data disappeared from the launcher. I started a new game and have had no issues as of yet but I'm only in the tutorial. Whether it will be an issue down the road I do not know but as of right now so far so good.
the text file is nothing and can be ignored, the cache could cause an issue depending on what part is changed but i wouldn't stress about it + the game still has 100s of minor bugs so expect lots more patches
Thank you Ironhorse384 and everyone else for your replies, it is appreciated. At least I know it isn't just me and that my download was not corrupted.