It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BG3 just won't start. The launcher gives me the button, but clicking it yields nothing. Sometimes after a long time my screen goes black and stays that way until I switch tasks and close it from the task bar, which ends in "stopped working" dialog.

My last time in BG3 was quite a while ago - back then I had to hold down shift when clicking the launch button, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Launcher told me my graphics drivers were outdated, so I just installed nvidia drivers 511. I also verified/repaired the game files through Galaxy. All to no avail.

When the error/bug reporter pops up and I click send it says there are no error reports.

Any solution or idea what to try next?

/edit/ps
As far as I can tell I get the black screen only when I first click on "Start" on top of the launcher and then launch BG3 from there after waiting for the circle thingy to spin around a while.
Post edited February 22, 2022 by vertex
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
take\ post a image of your launcher settings please... convert to jpeg under 500kb
Attachments:
launcher.jpg (483 Kb)
Looks exactly like yours, but here you go. Since your screenshot shows the launcher's landing page, I took that one too instead of the launcher settings.

/edit/ps
Btw: selecting Vulkan or DirectX 11 doesn't change anything for me.

/edit2/ps
I found a "reset launcher" button in the launcher settings and pressed it. Seems to do the trick..? At least BG3 just started (using Vulkan).

While I was typing here (after pressing launch) I could hear my LC fans spin up slightly and got curious. Looking at the task manager detail tab (where I had to kill bg3.exe before), I could see it being stuck at 14496K for some minutes, but then BG3 actually popped up in the background. Interesting.

I'd say "solved" for now. Will follow up if I run into this again.
Attachments:
launcher.jpg (270 Kb)
Post edited February 23, 2022 by vertex
Glad to hear it
The option boils down to does your gpu do the work or.cpu and regardless of what you pick it's good to have the way to switch when things muck up i.e changing temp from one to the other helps get around blocks
You refer to the Vulkan vs DX11 option? Hm, yeah, two different rendering engines - tho I personally fancy Vulkan, not being Microsoft exclusive 'n stuff.

Anyhow - I took your note as incentive to look at my cpu/gpu utilisation. While running around in my camp I get...

DX11 = 20% CPU and 40% GPU @ @ 102 fps
Vulkan = 18% CPU and 2% GPU @ 290 fps

Since visually it's pretty much identical, I'll stick with Vulkan =)