It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For some reason the game does not recognize the presses of RT of Logitech F710, the left trigger works (brake/reverse), but RT does nothing. I'm on Linux openSUSE Tumbleweed.This is the only game where the RT is dead, so it's not a controller issue, in fact it's brand new device. I tried with a clean config, to no avail.

edit:

Every other button also seems to be working.

Player.log: https://pastebin.com/Upi7qEL6
Post edited November 09, 2022 by amdgpu
Have you tried testing with both X-input and Direct-input modes? If both work, it might be worth trying both and sending logs for both. You have to restart the game after each mode change.

It would help if you could launch the game, go to the controls in-game and try to remap some buttons, including the trigger that doesn't work. Then quit the game and send the log.

FYI: Player.log is the log from the latest session (game start), Player-prev.log is from the previous session.
Post edited November 09, 2022 by miketsukamibo
miketsukamibo: Have you tried testing with both X-input and Direct-input modes? If both work, it might be worth trying both and sending logs for both. You have to restart the game after each mode change.

It would help if you could launch the game, go to the controls in-game and try to remap some buttons, including the trigger that doesn't work. Then quit the game and send the log.

FYI: Player.log is the log from the latest session (game start), Player-prev.log is from the previous session.
Hi, switching to dinput works, I tried it before, but without restarting the game. All is good now, thank you for the pointers!
amdgpu: Hi, switching to dinput works, I tried it before, but without restarting the game. All is good now, thank you for the pointers!
Nice! Thanks for confirming!
amdgpu: Hi, switching to dinput works, I tried it before, but without restarting the game. All is good now, thank you for the pointers!
miketsukamibo: Nice! Thanks for confirming!
Nevermind, it's unusable with dinput, both brake and throttle have ridiculous dead zones, and act more like on off switches.
Yeah, that's how direct input works unfortunately - no analog triggers.

I suggest switching back to xinput, restarting the game and trying this:
Although, if there's nothing suspicious caught in the log, there might not be much we could do.

As a side note, I found posts online about the same issue, but the only "solved" one was on the Steam forums and ended with "it's working now". If you have Steam it might be worth adding art of rally as a non-Steam app and enabling some of the additional support in Steam Controller settings so the F710 could be seen as an Xbox controller for example. I don't recall if you need to add aor as start.sh or artofrally.x64 from the game folder, though. You might also need to add -force-vulkan as a launch option.
Post edited November 09, 2022 by miketsukamibo
Player.log after trying to remap the trigger and remapping working buttons: https://pastebin.com/ymPDJCnF

I don't' think there's anything logged regarding the controller weirdness. I tried with Ubuntu, same thing, the only button not working with the game is RT. I also tried the Windows version through Wine and RT works. I don't have Steam.
Thank you for sharing the log! I let the team take a look just in case, but yeah, it doesn't seem to have recorded any input issues. It just looks like some incompatibility between the input system we're using and the Linux driver (especially since it works in Windows/Wine and there are other similar reports). I'm not aware of any current plans for updating that system, but maybe in the future...