It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all, I have a question. I have the GOG version of Anno 1602, but I have TWO folders where the game appears to be installed:

1. "ipath to games"/Anno 1602
2. "ipath to games"/Anno 1602 - Creation of a New World

(Where "path to games" is just shorthand for the whole part up to where I have my GOG games installed.)

I have no idea why there are two of them (1 is 609 MB, 2 is 614 MB). I want to know if one of them is redundant, so I can delete it if it's unnecessary. I also want to copy the games to a new computer instead of downloading the whole thing (I'm migrating a bunch of them), so I need to know if both are, or only one of them (and which one if so) is necessary.

I have googled this, but have yet to find any answer. Any explanation would be much appreciated.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
gildardo_rv: Hi all, I have a question. I have the GOG version of Anno 1602, but I have TWO folders where the game appears to be installed:

1. "ipath to games"/Anno 1602
2. "ipath to games"/Anno 1602 - Creation of a New World
Could it be the 2nd folder is an expansion?
This is quoted from the game's description on GOG "ANNO 1602 A.D. includes Anno 1602: Creation of a New World and its expansion Anno 1602: New Islands, New Adventures."
Post edited July 07, 2024 by RenKalan

Could it be the 2nd folder is an expansion?
Thank you for your answer, but the expansion was part of what GOG sells you from the beginning, and the two folders don't have the same install date. I don't know if GOG renamed the game's folder for an update, and simply didn't remove the older one (if that's the case). I just don't want to erase a needed folder and have to reinstall the whole thing. I will probably end up doing that anyway for this game, just to make sure everything is as it should be.

As I said, I am copying A LOT of folders from one computer to the other (and NO, simply moving the SSDs is not an option: the old machine has/had SATA SSDs, and I am using newer NVME SSDs for the new computer), and redownloading everything with the fairly slow internet speed I have at home is not going to work out. Besides, even if I download this game anew, I still want to know the reason why there are two folders.
Maybe you should uninstall the game, delete any folders left and try a fresh new install to see then what folder(s) are created.