It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey GoG Friends!

Another Friday, another update...

We are happy to announce that the game now supports all our German friends in their native language! We have done a lot of testing on our side, so we're hopeful that it's fantastic right out of the box. If you do spot an issue with a mis-localized word or maybe some UI that looks out of whack - please let us know!

If you're running Windows in German and still want the game to appear in English, then you can add the following to your command line when starting the game...

LANGUAGE=DE-DE

We have a few other updates as well. Check out the list below...

-8Bit

NEW FEATURES:
* German Localization: This should be considered "BETA" and we are looking forward to getting any bug reports or UI alignment issues reported to us so we can get them fixed and dropped into our next patch.
* Random Team Generation: Players can now choose to have our servers drop them into teams randomly.

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS:
* Aircraft should now fly at least 200 units above the ground. This fixes issues on some of the custom maps that were being created.
* Units in production cannot reveal stealthed units
* Fixed an issue related to units that pop out of random crates
Post edited July 02, 2016 by 8BitArmies
Thank you for localisation. I eagerly wait the french version ^^.
It would be great if I could change the language in the options menu. Adding the command to change the language when executing the game doesn't seem to have an effect. Hope you can help a player out.
Hey everyone,

We are updating the game today to handle a few mistranslated words in German. Just wanted to let you know in case you saw that there was a new version.

-8Bit
derpy_biologist: It would be great if I could change the language in the options menu. Adding the command to change the language when executing the game doesn't seem to have an effect. Hope you can help a player out.
Same problem here.
Choosing the language in the options menu would greatly be appreciated!
Still no upate on the option to chose language? Its really confusing the have german text and english VO...
It really makes the game worse for me. I mean, Abtrünnige sounds pretty lame compared to Renegades...
Post edited August 10, 2016 by HappyUnicorn
Is there another way to change the language? Like a command line parameter or change in a config file?
I found a way to play the game in English again!

In the game directory, open Data\Mods\Text. There you will find a file called "STUB_Master_Text_Mod_Unicode.csv". Just copy this file and rename it "Master_Text_Mod_Unicode.csv".

The game will recognize the new file, which contains all the in-game texts in English, as a Mod and use it instead of the original German texts.
See here for english language settings:

https://gog.com/forum/8bit_hordes/how_to_change_language/post6

This adds LANGUAGE=EN-US to the launcher arguments.