It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Retro Classix is a collection of 12 different classics originally developed by Data East and then re-published by Ziggurat Interactive. While they are leaving digital stores, you can still give them their forever home in your GOG library, and save 50% on each of them!

Here’s a list:
Bad Dudes
BreakThru
[url=https://www.gog.com/game/retro_classix_express_raider?source=news ] Express Raider[/url]
Gate of Doom
Heavy Barrel
Joe & Mac - Caveman Ninja
Joe & Mac Returns
Night Slashers
SRD - Super Real Darwin
Super BurgerTime
Two Crude
Wizard Fire

Retro Classix Sale ends on April 29th, 11 PM UTC. Grab them before they’re gone!
JICYMI.
Post edited April 16, 2024 by Swedrami
What a tragedy, is there any reason why these games get pulled?

I thought the games on GOG do stay forever unless there is the specific reason. What IS the specific reason?
Pity, would of liked to see stuff such as Sly Spy, Boogie Wings, Nitro Ball, Desert Assault and quite a few others that aren't bogged down by licensing issues.
Dray2k: What a tragedy, is there any reason why these games get pulled?

I thought the games on GOG do stay forever unless there is the specific reason. What IS the specific reason?
Licensing maybe?

The console versions were all pulled abruptly last year around November, IIRC. I think they were branded under both Retro Classix and Johnny Turbo.

I wouldn't worry about these becoming unavailable long term but this may very well be last time they are on GOG.
Dray2k: What a tragedy, is there any reason why these games get pulled?

These are all Data East games published by Ziggurat. Presumably, a license/contract expired between the two companies. They're also being removed from Steam.
Good thing I have them already. They shall be safe in my library.
Eh. Just because something's old doesn't mean I'm necessarily interested in a game. *shrug* Bought Super Burger Time and the first Joe & Mac a good while ago. I looked over the rest again yesterday, and only the Joe & Mac sequel may be worth a purchase. I don't particularly care for mediocre beat'em'ups/shmups.
P-E-S: Just because something's old doesn't mean I'm necessarily interested in a game.
This.
Gate of Doom and Wizard Fire are good games, quite surprising they are arcade style for what they are.
Dray2k: I thought the games on GOG do stay forever unless there is the specific reason. What IS the specific reason?
The games you have bought stay in your library no matter what.
But that doesn't mean that GOG's catalog is set in stone.
Post edited April 16, 2024 by g2222
"Digital preservation"
According to the reviews on GOG and Steam these are not good emulated versions. The emulation is stuttering and there is an input lag. This is not really good for arcade games. I looked at the entries at https://www.gogdb.org/ and you can see there that they have used the Unity engine for the emulation of these arcade games. This probably explains the stuttering and input lag. The censorship in Night Slashers mentioned in a review gives also an indication that the used ROMs aren't good as well. In this state I won't be surprised if these versions haven't perfomed well on Steam and GOG. Considering the length of these games (about 30 min.) all of these games should have been sold as one bundle for at most 10 Euro or Dollar.
Post edited April 16, 2024 by toma85
IMO that's shameful that Ziggurat is delisting these games, instead of doing the right thing, which would be to fix & uncensor them.
DerBesserwisser summed up a way to play these games with MAME 2003-Plus.

https://www.gog.com/forum/retro_classix_joe_mac_caveman_ninja/play_it_via_emulation/post1

Each of these games should have a .zip file in the StreamingAssets folder which can be used with MAME 2003-Plus as described in the linked post.