It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

First of all sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, I have recently reinstalled the game after a long break, I am running on ultra settings with hair works off and in a borderless window, my rig can handle ultra settings and the game ran fine before but I have not played since 1.03 so I am not sure what has changed since, is anyone else having crash issues with version 1.11?
boldee: First of all sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it, I have recently reinstalled the game after a long break, I am running on ultra settings with hair works off and in a borderless window, my rig can handle ultra settings and the game ran fine before but I have not played since 1.03 so I am not sure what has changed since, is anyone else having crash issues with version 1.11?
Having the same sort of issue; game worked fine until I installed Hearts of Stone/1.11, and now I have a persistent CTD with no specific error message. Usually triggered by cutscenes but not exclusively.

Ran through all the generic fixes (update drivers, verify install, turn off GeForce Experience, etc.) but none helped.

Hopefully a fix will be released soon...
this crashing is driving me crazy. i am playing heart of stone and i am at the part where geralt is at a wedding and it crashes right at the part where he is in a boat with shani every single time. i cant get passed it. i have tried reloading a bunch of things and it still does it, as soon as you see the boat the game screen suddenly minimizes and you hear the characters talking but you see the desk top. please somebody help. :)
Good to know I'm not on my own, reinstalling the game as we speak to 1.10, I am not ready to play Heart of Stone yet anyway so hopefully I will get a working game out of it, fingers crossed.
Well I installed up to 1.10 and its much better but I'm still crashing every now and then about every 20 mins or so not sure what is doing it.
i reinstalled hearts of stone and it is still crashing at the same place. i also turned off geforce experience too. i have been stuck on the wedding part for over a day now. i can not get passed the part where geralt hooks up with shani.
I just finished the whole story in ''new game +'' mode and the DLC heart of stone. Level69. Not sure how many times I had to re-open the game when it crash...again again and again...sigh
dohh2008: I just finished the whole story in ''new game +'' mode and the DLC heart of stone. Level69. Not sure how many times I had to re-open the game when it crash...again again and again...sigh
Just for the sake of reference, I've been on AMD Catalysts since the game shipped (15.11b now), have about 90 hours in, have the DLC installed and am running 1.11, and haven't crashed to desktop yet. I've played as long as 8 hours straight without a crash. Not even once, IIRC. Check your mods if any--uninstall them and if that doesn't help, make sure you have all system clocks running at default speeds (no overclocking of cpu, gpu or ram at all), and if none of that helps try installing an earlier GPU driver. I am running Windows 10x64 1511, build 10586.3 and running an R9 380 4GB and I have the game set to load textures into GPU ram @ 2GB. I have actually been floored by just how stable the game is for me--running most options at "Ultra" or beyond @1920x1200 and even 2560x1600 VSR. Good luck!

Edit: Wanted to add that I have never used Galaxy, and would advise anyone to stay clear of it as GOG has a lot of bug-fixing to do for it yet.
Post edited November 17, 2015 by waltc
i finished the game twice and just recently started on heart of stone and this is the first time it has really crashed on me but it has not stopped yet.
Clintaurus: i finished the game twice and just recently started on heart of stone and this is the first time it has really crashed on me but it has not stopped yet.
Yep, mine has been super stable until now. It keeps crashing right when I walk up to the estate when it's on fire. The cutscene would start, then CTD...
Clintaurus: i finished the game twice and just recently started on heart of stone and this is the first time it has really crashed on me but it has not stopped yet.
slagman5: Yep, mine has been super stable until now. It keeps crashing right when I walk up to the estate when it's on fire. The cutscene would start, then CTD...
Hey, same bloody thing kept happening to me, but then i uninstalled Galaxy and so far no crashes.
I'm not saying it's Galaxy's fault, so just take it with a pinch of salt.
i havent tried uninstalling galaxy but i will. nothing else has worked so far. i was also thinking maybe the save point is corrupt and i will just have to play parts over again and load a save from before that mission i am stuck on.
slagman5: Yep, mine has been super stable until now. It keeps crashing right when I walk up to the estate when it's on fire. The cutscene would start, then CTD...
Bleed: Hey, same bloody thing kept happening to me, but then i uninstalled Galaxy and so far no crashes.
I'm not saying it's Galaxy's fault, so just take it with a pinch of salt.
Anyone else confirm that probably galaxy fault ? I'm tired of crashing my game after every cutscene or when I try to sell stuffs at any NPC
It's galaxy related and has to with the stuff GoG added for future overlay support (achievement pop ups etc).
So treat W3 as a game that wants 0 crap running in the BG as if running a 100% new win installation. Be it Razer synapse, Afterburner, Dxtory, Antivirus programs (some cause overlay conflicts)). Turn all the Jank OFF /kill exe's and stability ye shall receive.
Post edited November 16, 2015 by Calmmo1
I was having the same problems, never had any crashes until today, and then constant crash to desktop during cut scenes. I turned off the "Game Overlay" feature under the DLCs section of the game (hit 'More' button and then select Configure in Galaxy, then uncheck 'Game Overlay' under the DLC section) and I was able to play for about 2 hours without any crashes.
Post edited November 16, 2015 by farrej2978