It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ShadowOwl: The delay on patches is still one of the bigger gripes people have with with GOG. Things have to change sooner or later.
Flesh420.613: Why? Is it really that bad to wait a few days for a patch everyone not only knows, but is guaranteed to get? Whiny people are really annoying, especially if a patch doesn't drop in a couple hours people are screaming for weefunds.

I'll wait a week+ for DRM-free game patches.
A week is fine, the issue isn't with this specific game but a worryingly common trend. There's nothing unusual about patches being months or even years late, and that's when the GOG version doesn't get completely abandoned.
How do I aplly the patch? I bought the game with v1.03, now I want to update the game but there is only the installer for the whole game (v1.04) in the Downloads-section. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the game? Will I loose my savegame when I do that?
CaptainBalu: How do I aplly the patch? I bought the game with v1.03, now I want to update the game but there is only the installer for the whole game (v1.04) in the Downloads-section. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the game? Will I loose my savegame when I do that?
When you're uninstalling, there's an option for you to leave all your saves intact, so don't worry about them! :)

Alternatively, you can just boot up Galaxy and it'll do the work for you :)
KrankyKat: GoG's always been "behind" with patches, usually by a day, sometimes two. Sometimes it's a bit less than a day. Depends. Unless GoG starts allowing dev's to upload directly, ala Steam, probably isn't going to change much.

Last I knew it was something about the way they do things ... dev's don't give them a patch and GoG immediately uploads it as is, per se. GoG first has do whatever it is to make it compatible with their own installers/software, whatever process that may be. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is what they still do, with Galaxy in particular (I still don't use that). But that was part of the delay in the past I believe.

If a day or two wait is too much for a DRM free version of the game, then reasonable to use Steam. We all have preferences. Myself, when I have a choice, I don't mind a short wait.
For some games it actually takes much more than 1 or 2 days, just look at punch club, they actually skip patch because gog delays patch by weeks not days.
https://www.gog.com/forum/punch_club/version_105_missing_from_gog_for_4_days
ncc386: That's pretty asinine. Stand by GOG. They're the best thing we have on the scene so far. Don't let emotion and impatience override ethics.
Not asinine at all. When I purchase a game, I expect to be able to play it. The bug I had was pretty much game crippling and they were delaying things even after the patch was submitted by the dev. If they want to compete with the big boys and release new titles, they had better back themselves up to keep up to date with everyone else. I'm not going to support a company just for the sake of supporting them because they aren't "the bad guys" when they don't pull their own weight to or offer a solid reason to support them. THAT is asinine.

Plus, the reply I got from GOG was extremely condescending and made me question whether or not I am going to spend money with them again. They really need to train their people in customer service before they send them to the queues. I've since bought the game on Steam and have had 0 issues. Wish it could have been here but it wasn't.
Someone's salty here.

This thread doesn't matter anymore anyway, as we already got patch 1.05 almost immediately after the Stream release.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Unkalibriert
I have had no issues at all. Didn't even notice a single bug or glitch since playing vanilla. I have updated when there was an update available. So yeah.
Unkalibriert: This thread doesn't matter anymore anyway, as we already got patch 1.05 almost immediately after the Stream release.
And I'm pretty proud of that fact. :P
Is the 1.051 hotfix patch on the way?
KC_Dud: Is the 1.051 hotfix patch on the way?
I was wondering about this myself - ConcernedApe release a couple tiny hotfixes/patches on Steam recently. Some little fixes plus a crafting balance tweak. I'm not personally in any hurry for them but I am interested if he's going to submit those here as well, or if he's going to wait for a next, "full patch" that will include those.
KC_Dud: Is the 1.051 hotfix patch on the way?
KrankyKat: I was wondering about this myself - ConcernedApe release a couple tiny hotfixes/patches on Steam recently. Some little fixes plus a crafting balance tweak. I'm not personally in any hurry for them but I am interested if he's going to submit those here as well, or if he's going to wait for a next, "full patch" that will include those.
Same here... i always try to purchase games on GOG over Steam if possible... but this time i'm kinda regretting this prioritisation a little (didn't know about this delay/hurdle when it comes to game updates). :(
Post edited March 20, 2016 by NINJ4R4BBID
KrankyKat: I was wondering about this myself - ConcernedApe release a couple tiny hotfixes/patches on Steam recently. Some little fixes plus a crafting balance tweak. I'm not personally in any hurry for them but I am interested if he's going to submit those here as well, or if he's going to wait for a next, "full patch" that will include those.
NINJ4R4BBID: Same here... i always try to purchase games on GOG over Steam if possible... but this time i'm kinda regretting this prioritisation a little (didn't know about this delay/hurdle when it comes to game updates). :(
I don't think it's GoG's fault (in this case). Probably ConcernedApe didn't think it worth updating 1.05 here, since he was going to release 1.06 very quickly anyway.

1.06 is on Steam now - hopefully we'll get it here on GoG, soon. :)
KrankyKat: 1.06 is on Steam now - hopefully we'll get it here on GoG, soon. :)
Changelog:
Added unique dialogues for all spouses.
Spouses now leave the house on mondays.
Value of most animal products increased.
Holly is now poisonous.
Missing events problem shouldn't happen anymore.
Minor bug/grammar/graphics fixes.

I need this update urgently! I am just about to get married.
alex_one: I need this update urgently! I am just about to get married.
I would expect it to arrive here this Monday after they wake up in Poland.