It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

roygbiv309: GQZMF-TGIMJ-4EKWV
Congratulations! You wasted people's loving work ON A SCRIPT! Be proud of yourself.
roygbiv309: GQZMF-TGIMJ-4EKWV
Spinorial: Congratulations! You wasted people's loving work ON A SCRIPT! Be proud of yourself.
heheh!

*passes dummy
roygbiv309:
Sachys: Thanks for the offer - no doubt they are all redeemed by lurkers / bots / xenatar / wakalo. This is why most people either post the game name (maybe the platform if not obvious) and ask for the first reply to then send the key via PM.
Do appreciate the gensture though! :)

...and based on that i tried one of the desura codes:
"Eryi's Action gift you are trying to accept has been sent to the member marcelobertoldidiani. "

never even heard of them!
Yeah, it was almost certainly gobbled by a bot because I had just updated the page and saw the codes probably 2 seconds after they were posted, and I had both Steam and Desura pages up ready to take a code. I started from the bottom of the list and the codes were already taken less than 10-15 seconds after it was posted I'm guessing.

Posting straight unobscured game codes nowadays is almost certainly going to just get eaten up by auto-bot software, possibly ran by people who don't even use the GOG forums. The only codes that'll be left behind is those which the bot already has registered in whatever Steam/Desura/GOG etc. account it gobbles the codes up into, ie: the most widely available game codes.
Sachys: Thanks for the offer - no doubt they are all redeemed by lurkers / bots / xenatar / wakalo. This is why most people either post the game name (maybe the platform if not obvious) and ask for the first reply to then send the key via PM.
Do appreciate the gensture though! :)

...and based on that i tried one of the desura codes:
"Eryi's Action gift you are trying to accept has been sent to the member marcelobertoldidiani. "

never even heard of them!
mharris: Yeah, it was almost certainly gobbled by a bot because I had just updated the page and saw the codes probably 2 seconds after they were posted, and I had both Steam and Desura pages up ready to take a code. I started from the bottom of the list and the codes were already taken less than 10-15 seconds after it was posted I'm guessing.

Posting straight unobscured game codes nowadays is almost certainly going to just get eaten up by auto-bot software, possibly ran by people who don't even use the GOG forums. The only codes that'll be left behind is those which the bot already has registered in whatever Steam/Desura/GOG etc. account it gobbles the codes up into, ie: the most widely available game codes.
i may have joined recent , but are bots a recent thing here, or what.
ma5terbob: i may have joined recent , but are bots a recent thing here, or what.
No, it seems they've been around for a while now.
mharris: Yeah, it was almost certainly gobbled by a bot because I had just updated the page and saw the codes probably 2 seconds after they were posted, and I had both Steam and Desura pages up ready to take a code. I started from the bottom of the list and the codes were already taken less than 10-15 seconds after it was posted I'm guessing.

ma5terbob: i may have joined recent , but are bots a recent thing here, or what.
Been there for a while now. Just that some people don't care and keep rewarding the script kiddies.
niniendowarrior: Been there for a while now. Just that some people don't care and keep rewarding the script kiddies.
oh
niniendowarrior:
that and the forum members who openly appalaud /support such things!
Post edited October 24, 2013 by Sachys
niniendowarrior:
Sachys: that and the foum members who openly appalaud /support such things!
i don't support that at all. this is a community not just a free game place
ma5terbob: i don't support that at all. this is a community not just a free game place
exactly!
Here's two ways to deter or stop bots from stealing codes all willy-nilly:

1. Coding
(Undead Legions on Desura)
9KF?*-15SDG-?*N9I-Z!5B7-I!7WI

* = E
? = Q
! = 3

2. PM'ing
Anyone want a copy of Survivor Squad for Desura? PM me :)

Remember, the only way to stop a bot is to think like a bot....wait, what?
Post edited October 24, 2013 by JohnWalrus
JohnWalrus: (Undead Legions on Desura)
I got this, thanks.

aaand i'm off to bed.
Good night guys
Post edited October 24, 2013 by simon_vd
Spinorial: Congratulations! You wasted people's loving work ON A SCRIPT! Be proud of yourself.
Sachys: heheh!

*passes dummy
Yeah. The original draft had a lot more Al Swearengen in it :/
JohnWalrus: (Undead Legions on Desura)
simon_vd: I got this, thanks.

aaand i'm off to bed.
Good night guys
Have fun with it! :D
I have a 25% off Steam coupon for Shadow Warrior if anyone is interested.