It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MysterD: Dark Souls is BRUTALLY hard and UNFORGIVING.
Make a mistake, expect to DIE...or be close-to-death.
niniendowarrior: That does remind me of Witcher 2. LOL.
Bah - Witcher 2 is NOWHERE as difficult as Dark Souls, IMHO.
Post edited June 15, 2013 by MysterD
Hello Sachys mate :D
Sachys: Morning all! Anyone got a good tip for breaking out of a creative block?

I don't mean literally - the world has not been overrun by senient Lego!
To get out of a creative block, I recommend playing a musical instrument.
Sachys: Morning all! Anyone got a good tip for breaking out of a creative block?

What kind of "creative block?"
Are you a song-writer? Musician? Book/novel writer? Poet?
Something else?
Post edited June 15, 2013 by MysterD

I recommend sex. Or masturbation.. whichever is easier to you now.
Ian: Hello Sachys mate :D
Now then!

niniendowarrior:
Tried that already - and some audiodramas too - just finding it distracting sadly.

CymTyr:
2AM here and I doubt the neighbourhood wants to be woken by mega decibels of a didgeridoo! Heheh!

MysterD:
I actually do all those things too, but in this instance It's an art comission - already a week late!

Stooner:
I think butchering you by ripping your arms off and beating you with the soggy ends would be more productive and feasible right now! O_o
if you're are talking about an artist creative block, then i suggest doing some exercising, it doesnt always have to be something like a daily routine, something, like hiking. going outside of the city sometimes helps me.

going to see an art exhibit, whether that be local or a museum. getting inspired by others is always helpful.

also, anything dangerous or spontaneous that you normally wouldnt do or have always wanted to do for shits & giggles. can inspire. doesnt have to cost money. getting out of your comfort zone is very helpful.

Sachys:
There's no sex in your violence!
I have to go peeps. Have a good evening! Hope you have a great day, Ian!
Death2Videodrome:
Sadly with my physical health, excercise in anr real sense isnt a very good idea (extreme arthritic degredation), and due to the fact I have to look after both my folks I dont really get much opportunity to break my routine or get out and about.
Really I could do with a holiday - but thats unlikely.

In this case though, it's really a "quick fix" I need so I can get this piece finished and sent off and get onto the others sat waiting in the que!

I've tried a whole bunch of stuff today from autowriting to abstracted scribbles. Nothings working.

Ah well, cheers for the suggestions guys. Guess I'll just have to kill Stooner and see if that helps! ;)
niniendowarrior: I have to go peeps. Have a good evening! Hope you have a great day, Ian!
Whaaat? Why only Ian? You want us, peasants, have a bad day? Colonel?
Sachys:
Only if by "kill" you mean "satisfy" and "Stooner" you mean "me"...
Post edited June 15, 2013 by Stooner
niniendowarrior: I have to go peeps. Have a good evening! Hope you have a great day, Ian!
Stooner: Whaaat? Why only Ian? You want us, peasants, have a bad day? Colonel?
Sachys:
Stooner: Only if by "kill" you mean "satisfy" and "Stooner" you mean "me"...
All of you have a GOOD day. Ian needs a GREAT day today. :D
go to the park & do some sketching.
sometimes sketching outdoors & being outside helps.
not sure if you have one nearby you, but it can help.

even exercises.
just search google for some random art exercises to give you ideas or help in making you think differently about a problem.

Death2Videodrome:
Sachys: Sadly with my physical health, excercise in anr real sense isnt a very good idea (extreme arthritic degredation), and due to the fact I have to look after both my folks I dont really get much opportunity to break my routine or get out and about.
Really I could do with a holiday - but thats unlikely.

In this case though, it's really a "quick fix" I need so I can get this piece finished and sent off and get onto the others sat waiting in the que!

I've tried a whole bunch of stuff today from autowriting to abstracted scribbles. Nothings working.

Ah well, cheers for the suggestions guys. Guess I'll just have to kill Stooner and see if that helps! ;)
Stooner: Whaaat? Why only Ian? You want us, peasants, have a bad day? Colonel?

Only if by "kill" you mean "satisfy" and "Stooner" you mean "me"...
niniendowarrior: All of you have a GOOD day. Ian needs a GREAT day today. :D
ahh okay... that's better... have a good one too... ;p
Death2Videodrome:
I'm actually situated inbetween a stretch of moorland and possibly the Uk's largest piece of common ground - but its 2am here and a race night so toddling down the racecourse with a laptop and wacom not the best idea! Heheh!

Aye I've googled up a load of stuff and checked sites like imagineFX but nothing useful as yet (or nothing too different to what ive already tried!).

Think my best option is to sleep on it / forget about it for now and just do what I can with it tomorrow - if i get any peace and quiet that is!