It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Pax11: I've been buying games on GOG for nearly 13 years. This is the only time I can recall that they had tech difficulties with downloads.
The "I'm never buying from GOG again" rants are at least amusing. Really, if it ruined your weekend because the one game you were going to buy or bought can't be downloaded, maybe dig deep and find some variety in your life. I suspect, however, that these scenarios are simply reasons to complain.

Here's hoping they can get it fixed. But until they do, I absolutely have already downloaded games as well as non-gaming things to do with my life.
Sorry but I'm not really much of a gamer. Only games I have played are Baldur's Gate 1,2 and 3. I bought BG3 from Steam. I just wanted to play a little DOS2 while I wait for BG3 full release. So yeah, games are quite small part of my life.
GOG.com: We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Danlovar: Please fix it asap, you made me miss the old physical copies of games.
I wonder how do you imagine you could update your physical copy to a new patch version without an online installer.

Physical, digital, makes no difference. Patches are all online these days, if the source of the patch files is having issues, you can't update all the same.
3 out of the 12 files for divinity: original sin 2 give me an error 404, its not ideal when you buy a game on friday looking forward to playing it but s**t happens I guess
I'm pleased to report that the game I bought yesterday that I've been unable to download has just downloaded on GOG Galaxy.

I can't download it for offline use yet, I still get the 404, but if I can play it via Galaxy then that'll do.

Cheers Gog, hope you can all enjoy a beer tonight, I think you'll have earned it!
Guess i don't need to download any games currently as most i have downloaded but not everything.
I have a backlog to play and it should be possible to wait for 2 or 3 days for this.
I think steam was worse when i couldn't use it anymore due to their client requirements and was locked out of games where gog i mostly didn't need any special requirements for downloading offline installers and installing, but guess this changed to more recent browsers needed and i kinda got win 10 in the meantime so still less problems and yes i rarely do use steam.
I do need a new external HDD i was thinking of 5tb or more.
Good thing GOG blessed us with drm-free installers as if steam had such problems i doubt you could play every game there where gog my offline installers work that were already downloaded.

Anyway gog should fix this and release boiling point xenus game maybe as it was unnofficialy confirmed. Because i am looking forward to playing that again. I guess this also made them stop releasing new games i think?
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Fonzer
I planned my weekend to try GOG on my newly built PC and this happens
xelohcinx: I planned my weekend to try GOG on my newly built PC and this happens
i feel u bro
In all honesty, that is the first time that GoG had such a major issue.
It's dissapointing, but I still prefer them over Epic, Steam or any other service.
It's enough that I have to pay subscription fee to listen to my music at anytime.

On the other hand - ''Installing 92%'' has a potential to become a meme.
high rated
Look. Admit it GOG. This all happened because you released patch 4.04 for The Witcher 3 and it infected all the other files to become 404.
Pax11: I've been buying games on GOG for nearly 13 years. This is the only time I can recall that they had tech difficulties with downloads.
The "I'm never buying from GOG again" rants are at least amusing. Really, if it ruined your weekend because the one game you were going to buy or bought can't be downloaded, maybe dig deep and find some variety in your life. I suspect, however, that these scenarios are simply reasons to complain.

Here's hoping they can get it fixed. But until they do, I absolutely have already downloaded games as well as non-gaming things to do with my life.
Samulii: Sorry but I'm not really much of a gamer. Only games I have played are Baldur's Gate 1,2 and 3. I bought BG3 from Steam. I just wanted to play a little DOS2 while I wait for BG3 full release. So yeah, games are quite small part of my life.
So, basically makes my point of "these scenarios are simply reasons to complain." I bet you can stand to wait a few hours (my downloads are currently working) to get to DOS2.
igamesometimes: im waiting for my Witcher 3 Complete Edition to update to 4.04 but its stuck at 91.9% and i know its gonna be stuck like that until this is resolved
I'm downloading the same game and got stuck at the exact same % after pausing restarting and all that shit, I got to 92% and still stuck for hours
xelohcinx: I planned my weekend to try GOG on my newly built PC and this happens
Look at it this way. When it is fixed and you download every offline installer. Back it up and never worry about your collection requiring an online connection.
high rated
BKGaming: Take the time to educate yourself: https://us.norton.com/blog/kids-safety/grey-world-of-key-selling
Samulii: There are millions of different sellers. I bought my key from a 100% verified seller.
No, you didn't. The fact that the site that has no right to sell GOG keys tells you something like that of a person who has no right to sell you a GOG key doesn't mean anything. You seem utterly unable to grasp the simple fact, that with some very few exception, GOG does not ditribute any keys through any third parties. Never through any such key resellers. Just because you like getting your games extra cheap doesn't make the means you do so with legitimate, nor does the fact the key works. Stolen cars can also work. You could just as well be demanding GOG support to help you with a pirated version of a GOG game.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Breja
Samulii: There are millions of different sellers. I bought my key from a 100% verified seller.
Breja: No, you didn't. The fact that the site that has no right to sell GOG keys tells you something like that of a person who has no right to sell you a GOG key doesn't mean anything. You seem utterly unable to grasp the simple fact, that with some very few exception, GOG does not ditribute any keys through any third parties. Never through any such key resellers. Just because you like getting your games extra cheap doesn't make the means you do so with legitimate. You could just as well be demanding GOG support to help you with a pirated version of a GOG game.
Oh I like my games extra cheap you say? Like I already said, I have only played Baldur's Gate 1,2 and 3 in my whole life, nothing else. I bought Baldur's Gate 3 from Steam at full price. Please report my "pirate" key to GOG and let's see what they say, I'm curious.
Breja: No, you didn't. The fact that the site that has no right to sell GOG keys tells you something like that of a person who has no right to sell you a GOG key doesn't mean anything. You seem utterly unable to grasp the simple fact, that with some very few exception, GOG does not ditribute any keys through any third parties. Never through any such key resellers. Just because you like getting your games extra cheap doesn't make the means you do so with legitimate. You could just as well be demanding GOG support to help you with a pirated version of a GOG game.
Samulii: Oh I like my games extra cheap you say? Like I already said, I have only played Baldur's Gate 1,2 and 3 in my whole life, nothing else. I bought Baldur's Gate 3 from Steam at full price. Please report my "pirate" key to GOG and let's see what they say, I'm curious.
I'm not sure why you're so pissy. You're not much of a gamer by your own admition, so it's ok for you to not have known these key resellers are not legitimate. Perfectly understandable. A normal person would just say "oh crap, I had no idea. Thanks for telling me, I'll avoid them in the future." Instead you start flinging insults.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Breja