It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Samulii: I bought GOG key from Kinguin so I can't get a refund. I swear this was the last time I buy anything from GOG.
You didn't buy anything from GOG. You bought it from a shady illegitimate gray market key reseller. You don't get to blame GOG for jack shit.

Bigspenderz: Does GOG have a 100% guaranteed return policy? Cause I think I will buy the game at another shop
There is a 30 day supposedly guaranteed refund policy. I asked at the very start of this thread if the refund will be extended for purchases made during these problems, but there was no answer.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Breja
Samulii: I bought GOG key from Kinguin so I can't get a refund. I swear this was the last time I buy anything from GOG. I rather pay double and buy from Steam, at least that way I always get to play when I want and what I want.
Bigspenderz: I get that these developers are working like crazy rn during the weekends, but this is just insane that the website is down for so long... especially that they still sell games when you can not download them... I was not properly informed that I could not play the game that I bought on their website.
Exactly. There were absolutely no technical difficulty signs on the GOG store. If I had known that I won't be able to play what I buy I would've bought the game from Steam. I just wanted to play some DOS2 this weekend, but no, didn't happen, just lost my money.
Samulii: I bought GOG key from Kinguin so I can't get a refund. I swear this was the last time I buy anything from GOG.
Breja: You didn't buy anything from GOG. You bought it from a shady illegitimate gray market key reseller. You don't get to blame GOG for jack shit.
LOL, I bought a genuine DOS2 game key that is activated from GOG. The end result is the same, I got the genuine DOS2 game, except now I can't download it.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Samulii
Bigspenderz: Im kinda done waiting for the game I bought at full price... I wanted to support DRM free but this is just crazy... Does GOG have a 100% guaranteed return policy? Cause I think I will buy the game at another shop
They do, but before you return it. See if there is an offline installer for the game. Others that installed and downloaded the game just fine. I really didn't the time to manually do it at first. If its not back up by the time i get back home from work today, Ill be making time and downloading it manually.
Samulii: LOL, I bought a genuine DOS2 game key that is activated from GOG. The end result is the same, I got the genuine DOS2 game, except now I can't download it.
Nor should you. Technical issues or no, "your" game would probably be revoked anyway. You didn't buy it from a legit source, GOG doesn't owe you squat.
Samulii: LOL, I bought a genuine DOS2 game key that is activated from GOG. The end result is the same, I got the genuine DOS2 game, except now I can't download it.
You clearly have no idea how grey market sites work and that many of times these keys are stolon / fraudulent keys and typically get revoked more often then not. I mean if you want to gamble with your money more power to you, but buying from grey market sites are a huge risk.

Then your going to be back here crying that GOG removed your game that you bought, except you didn't buy it from GOG you bought it from a key reseller.
Whatever happens, needs to be fixed i just can't purchase from here ever again, i miss the old physical copy days i wish i got a warning before purchasing games the last few days.
high rated
As other people also already posted, the awesome thing about DRM-free games is that I didn't even notice the server downtime until now.
DRM -> no requests are made to the server to play -> you don't even *need* the server, unless you're trying out that new game.

Hope the developers fix it soon-ish and communicate nicely with the community. Cheers! (To gog developers, and to the players.) Will play some games that I already own meanwhile.
Glad it finally got noticed, I couldn't download the offline installer for Soldiers of Fortune platinum last night, so I thought something was up at server-side.
Breja: Nor should you. Technical issues or no, "your" game would probably be revoked anyway. You didn't buy it from a legit source, GOG doesn't owe you squat.
You clearly have some mental disabilities. You can't activate keys that are "illegal" or "fake". I was able to activate my key so it is a real key.
Bigspenderz: Im kinda done waiting for the game I bought at full price... I wanted to support DRM free but this is just crazy... Does GOG have a 100% guaranteed return policy? Cause I think I will buy the game at another shop
lizxfiasco: They do, but before you return it. See if there is an offline installer for the game. Others that installed and downloaded the game just fine. I really didn't the time to manually do it at first. If its not back up by the time i get back home from work today, Ill be making time and downloading it manually.
Question, I saw that you can download them on gog galaxy in the extras but then I get an error saying that there is nothing on the server or is there another place where you can download it?
Breja: Nor should you. Technical issues or no, "your" game would probably be revoked anyway. You didn't buy it from a legit source, GOG doesn't owe you squat.
Samulii: You clearly have some mental disabilities. You can't activate keys that are "illegal" or "fake". I was able to activate my key so it is a real key.
Take the time to educate yourself: https://us.norton.com/blog/kids-safety/grey-world-of-key-selling
high rated
I've been buying games on GOG for nearly 13 years. This is the only time I can recall that they had tech difficulties with downloads.
The "I'm never buying from GOG again" rants are at least amusing. Really, if it ruined your weekend because the one game you were going to buy or bought can't be downloaded, maybe dig deep and find some variety in your life. I suspect, however, that these scenarios are simply reasons to complain.

Here's hoping they can get it fixed. But until they do, I absolutely have already downloaded games as well as non-gaming things to do with my life.
Samulii: You clearly have some mental disabilities. You can't activate keys that are "illegal" or "fake". I was able to activate my key so it is a real key.
BKGaming: Take the time to educate yourself: https://us.norton.com/blog/kids-safety/grey-world-of-key-selling
There are millions of different sellers. I bought my key from a 100% verified seller. From now on I buy all my games straight from Steam.
im waiting for my Witcher 3 Complete Edition to update to 4.04 but its stuck at 91.9% and i know its gonna be stuck like that until this is resolved
GOG.com: We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Please fix it asap, you made me miss the old physical copies of games.