It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
hamil999: Literally just spent $100 bucks to play Rogue Trader only to go on GOG and see I cant download the game. I've honestly never had this issue with Steam....
Which game?
All I can see is this one Rogue Trader, which has not even been released yet, not even for pre-order. What am I missing?
hamil999: Literally just spent $100 bucks to play Rogue Trader only to go on GOG and see I cant download the game. I've honestly never had this issue with Steam....
park_84: Which game?
All I can see is this one Rogue Trader, which has not even been released yet, not even for pre-order. What am I missing?
If you pre-order via https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/ you're eligible for beta access.
This was, apparently until recently not possible through GOG but I've just checked and you can indeed generate and redeem the key for the beta on GOG now as well.

Seems to be only available through Galaxy though, no offline installers listed in the library.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by CMiq
It's been more than 24 hours, and the problem persist. What the f*ck is this service CDPR?
park_84: Which game?
CMiq: If you pre-order via https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/ you're eligible for beta access.
This was, apparently until recently not possible through GOG but I've just checked and you can indeed redeem the key for the beta on GOG now as well.

Seems to be only available through Galaxy though, no offline installers listed in the library.
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks!
And now I find it a bit annoying that this beta access feature exists, but only for Galaxy users. Come on.
016R35: It's been more than 24 hours, and the problem persist. What the is this service CDPR?
Weekend service maybe no one is at gog hq.
Correction/addendum: It would appear that Robinson's Requiem cannot be installed via GOG Galaxy, yet the offline installer seems to work fine
Update: I have now oredered a T-shirt.
Feel free to use this to make your own.
Attachments:
gog-lol.jpg (112 Kb)
keeveek: One would think GOG, of all places, would know the importance of backups xD
Attachments:
ironic.jpg (83 Kb)
I can't even open the installer ...

"Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored!
GOG Galaxy will now shutdown."
yankeevic: Hi good morning.

The download issues from the CDN should be resolved by now I read on twitter, but the update 1.5.0.15 for the Battle Brothers game is not downloading. The game always freezes when it reaches the 91.3% mark.

Thank you!.
smuggly: I totally agree something else is going on. I'm betting a ransom or a hack is whats up. Someone locked the data.
Never assume malice when incompetence or disaster is more likely. Maybe it's a flooded basement. They'd be legally required to post on a data breach.
keeveek: One would think GOG, of all places, would know the importance of backups xD
AgentBirdnest: Hahaha, great point! This made me laugh. Thanks. :-D
Do you folk know what GOG's setup is?

I'm no expert, so feel free anyone who knows better, to correct or expand on the following.

GOG some time back changed to using a referrer known as CDN, that acts like a middle man. That would have been a huge undertaking, and we are sometimes still feeling the issues related to that, with some links not working or returning what we need. This has slowly gotten better over time.

So this latest issue appears to be related to issues with the server(s) that the CDN operate through.
It has nothing to do with game files GOG have on servers and server backups, which remain untouched. It is just a matter of an issue with ratification and delivery. They appear to be trying to reroute things, or may in reality just be waiting for the issue to resolve itself, but need to be seen or thought of as doing something.

Many of us normally have access to different GOG servers for downloading, as the load is shared around the world.

Running servers and backups is quite costly, and so probably unrealistic for them to have an alternative in place of CDN, that will for the most part be rarely used.

GOG have alerted us, because they are the ones facing any backlash and potentially lost customers and sales.

So just like when your power goes out, you just have to be patient and wait in this imperfect world.
The Witcher 3 complete edition is also stuck at 91.9%. I'm downloading a 50 GB update, so I don't want to redownload it again.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Attachments:
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Dims2K
016R35: It's been more than 24 hours, and the problem persist. What the f*ck is this service CDPR?
It is weekend! /s :D From my own experience CDP is not prone to work on free days so much. :P
016R35: It's been more than 24 hours, and the problem persist. What the is this service CDPR?
Fonzer: Weekend service maybe no one is at gog hq.
Lexor: It's been more than 24 hours, and the problem persist. What the f*ck is this service CDPR?
It is weekend! /s :D From my own experience CDP is not prone to work on free days so much. :P]
On a situation so severe such as the current one, if you want to continue having a job on Monday, you better volunteer and show up to work today and possibly tomorrow and see how you can be of help.

If they can’t turn around things quickly, GOG is so screwed. This possibly changes a lot of future deals with publishers, plus it’s all turning into a circus fast.

This is a sad moment for DRM-FREE.
CMiq: If you pre-order via https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/ you're eligible for beta access.
This was, apparently until recently not possible through GOG but I've just checked and you can indeed generate and redeem the key for the beta on GOG now as well.

park_84: Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks!
And now I find it a bit annoying that this beta access feature exists, but only for Galaxy users. Come on.
Whether to provide beta builds via offline installers or not seems to be something the corresponding developer decides, not GOG.
Baldur's Gate 3 or Steelrising, for example, had or still are having beta offline installers available, because Larian and Spiders respectively must have had agreed to this.
It is what it is.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by CMiq