It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Lexor: It's been more than 24 hours, and the problem persist. What the f*ck is this service CDPR?
It is weekend! /s :D From my own experience CDP is not prone to work on free days so much. :P]
ER31W: On a situation so severe such as the current one, if you want to continue having a job on Monday, you better volunteer and show up to work today and possibly tomorrow and see how you can be of help.

If they can’t turn around things quickly, GOG is so screwed. This possibly changes a lot of future deals with publishers, plus it’s all turning into a circus fast.

This is a sad moment for DRM-FREE.
Most likely, it may have also something to do with the CDN side. Not all problems are fixable in two days. Stop pretending that GOG does such a issue on purpose or does not know how severe this is.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Ueber
its a falling dominos effect once a server goes down they all assume whatever it was will effect them and reach for the backups... over the next 48hours every server goes offline for about 4 mins as they all get reset and that can even go around the world more than once if the backup is then shown to also be corrupt

Gog rents their server space = has little control of these kind of issues
I bought Divinity Original Sin 2 Definite Edition couple of hours ago and I can't download the game using GOG client and manual download gives 404 error code with parts 5,6, and 7! This is definitely the last time I buy anything from GOG. From now on it's Steam even if some games are more expensive there.
I feel sorry fro those people who bought Baldur's Gate 3 from GOG. Most likely when the game launches at August 3rd, you won't be able to download it for days because it's very likely that GOG has some problems then too. Well at least you can watch from streamers when they play the game, LOL.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Samulii
high rated
On the plus side - this is likely going to further sensitise and raise awareness of the downsides of being dependent on clients and launchers in general.
And the advantages of having offline installers of your games backed up for situations like this.

Might even convince GOG to shine the spotlight back onto offline installers and increase emphasising them again as the pivotal edge GOG has over other digital distribution platforms.
Looking forward when its fixed
SargonAelther: Ah interesting. I knew Steam had a command-line, but I didn't know it had a stand-alone CLI.
mrkgnao: It's just for downloading/installing/updating, it doesn't have any other functionality. It was written primarily to automate steam game installation for multiplayer servers.
Hi! I have a few questions regarding SteamCmd. Can I ask you about SteamCmd via chat?
high rated
...and now the weekend bot spamming, as usual.
I think I'd better bring my videegame spending elsewhere, too many persistent problems never addressed in years.

I just can't trust GOG to stay afloat if things keep going this way, it's embarassing.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Enebias
high rated
ER31W: This is a sad moment for DRM-FREE.
On the contrary, I see this as a friendly reminder that real DRM-Free = what you have backed up offline, not "I keep all my games in the cloud and need a client that needs to go online to download them every time and I sure hope those servers will remain online forever".

In fact, I didn't even notice GOG had a server problem until I read the banner.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by BrianSim
GOG.com: We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Would this be the reason some games have their installation button grayed out, or would that be a separate issue? I can wait to install a game, but some games just aren't allowing me to install them at all.
Attachments:
Enebias: ...and now the weekend bot spamming, as usual.
I think I'd better bring my videegame spending elsewhere, too many persistent problems never addressed in years.

I just can't trust GOG to stay afloat if things keep going this way, it's embarassing.
Yeah. I stopped buying games here (or more accurately GOG credit) after the Whale Rock issues were raised - still not addressed or acknowledged in any way.

Red flag after red flag.
Manually downloaded 3 offline installers, which worked just fine.
Seems GOG moved its files to footprint.net
micktiegs_8: Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of registry errors or something like that.
AB2012: Most games don't but there are definitely some games that do here like that. Examples:-

- Delete the "KEY" from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint and Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis will throw up an error on startup.

- Delete "Installed Path" from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion and every option in Oblivion's launcher will be greyed out.

- Delete "Installed Path" from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3 and Fallout 3's launcher will show 'Install' instead of 'Play' (as if the game things it hasn't been installed properly).

So, "just use Galaxy to download and copy the folder and that's your backup" is a bit naive (and why "just use Galaxy to rollback" to get an older version of a game is unreliable when reinstalling offline on a fresh system vs having the proper offline installer).
This is where I find Steam to be better in this regard. As there is a installscript.vdf that tells you what registry keys are created, etc during install. As long as you have that it's easy to recreate that. So yea you can do that with GOG games but the intaller would make more sense.

If you are getting DRM free games from Steam though or making your games DRM Free, it's lot easier there to just backup the folder.
Im kinda done waiting for the game I bought at full price... I wanted to support DRM free but this is just crazy... Does GOG have a 100% guaranteed return policy? Cause I think I will buy the game at another shop
Bigspenderz: Im kinda done waiting for the game I bought at full price... I wanted to support DRM free but this is just crazy... Does GOG have a 100% guaranteed return policy? Cause I think I will buy the game at another shop
I bought GOG key from Kinguin so I can't get a refund. I swear this was the last time I buy anything from GOG. I rather pay double and buy from Steam, at least that way I always get to play when I want and what I want.
Bigspenderz: Im kinda done waiting for the game I bought at full price... I wanted to support DRM free but this is just crazy... Does GOG have a 100% guaranteed return policy? Cause I think I will buy the game at another shop
Samulii: I bought GOG key from Kinguin so I can't get a refund. I swear this was the last time I buy anything from GOG. I rather pay double and buy from Steam, at least that way I always get to play when I want and what I want.
I get that these developers are working like crazy rn during the weekends, but this is just insane that the website is down for so long... especially that they still sell games when you can not download them... I was not properly informed that I could not play the game that I bought on their website.