It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KavazovAngel: Dammit, I want a job. I'll work 10 hours per day if I have to (if it has to do something with computers). The closer to the end I come with my university, the more I feel the pressure.

Oh, and I may have the opportunity to move out of the country. But... my girl is here... and I kind of don't want to because of that. Dammit!

/rant :)
Get a job teaching overseas. Also, if you move overseas, girls are easily replaceable.

Plus, I'm sure there's plenty of places that could use a native speaker for Greek classes. (Assuming you mean that Macedonia rather than the broader one sometimes used)

Or at least that's what I'm going to do as soon as I finish my TESL.
hedwards:
Macedonia, as in, Republic of Macedonia. Please don't get take this into politics, you're free to call the country FUCKOM if you want. :)

I am giving lectures to students one year younger than me, at my university. But no money are involved right now (I accepted the position without any doubts, work is work (it will probably help in the future)).

But I'm not really confident that they'll keep me after I graduate.

I'm not sure my experience and age will get me a teaching job in a foreign country though. 20 years old atm, second year in university (software engineering).

EDIT: And I can't really face the fact that I'll be leaving my girl here... Bah! -_-
Post edited March 08, 2011 by KavazovAngel
KavazovAngel: EDIT: And I can't really face the fact that I'll be leaving my girl here... Bah! -_-
Trust me on this but it isn't a smart move to turn down offers just because of another person; I've done that in the past and it has ALWAYS been for the worse.

If she really cares about you then you guys will work things out (long distance relationship, her moving with you after you're set and on your feet etc.) but otherwise I say just move.

Or maybe I've been burnt too many times and became too jaded.
hedwards:
KavazovAngel: Macedonia, as in, Republic of Macedonia. Please don't get take this into politics, you're free to call the country FUCKOM if you want. :)
Well the page I looked it up on was somewhat vague and included several possibilities. Had a feeling I might get it wrong. ;-}

But, yeah, it's tough being tied down when the economy is in the toilet.
hedwards:
Heh, well, here's one more thing to bitch about. Most people around here are still holding on to dying patriotism. The Balkans have always been a mess, and they will always be. Instead of working together to make this place a better one to live in, neighboring countries still fight for some stupid crap that happened like two thousand years ago.

I look forward to the day when we all unite, and be technologists and pacifists, and work together for the betterment of mankind. Too bad that will most likely not happen in my lifetime.

EDIT: Call me Macedonian, call me Greek, call me Serbian, call me Albanian, call me Bulgarian... I don't give a fuck... Just stop the mindless crap that has been holding the Balkans in the 19th century.
Post edited March 08, 2011 by KavazovAngel
Yes, Barca deserved to advance as they were the better side on the whole. But that was some weak salsa the ref pulled in sending Van Persie off.
KavazovAngel: EDIT: And I can't really face the fact that I'll be leaving my girl here... Bah! -_-
AndrewC: Trust me on this but it isn't a smart move to turn down offers just because of another person; I've done that in the past and it has ALWAYS been for the worse.

If she really cares about you then you guys will work things out (long distance relationship, her moving with you after you're set and on your feet etc.) but otherwise I say just move.

Or maybe I've been burnt too many times and became too jaded.
Being long-distance, even though we saw each other around once a month, destroyed my relationship through the course of four years. It can definitely work, but it can also fail in a long and miserable way.

I guess it really depends on the offer whether or not you should do it. If it's an amazing opportunity and you don't plan to have children with the girl or be with her forever... I would say take the opportunity and just cut the relationship off unless you can be together again within a year or two.
Post edited March 08, 2011 by PhoenixWright
Tomorrow I have to do a gastroscopy, because from December I spit blood after dinner. I am a bit scared of what the results could be.
HomerSimpson: Yes, Barca deserved to advance as they were the better side on the whole. But that was some weak salsa the ref pulled in sending Van Persie off.
That red card was a joke. And while yes, Barca were the better side, Arsenal were in a winning position when RVP was sent off. As soon as that happened I knew there was no way Arsenal would advance.

And I can sympathize with being screwed over by poor refereeing - I'm a Manchester United supporter, it's happened to us in the three last meetings against Chelsea. :/
WrathOfTheAngels: Tomorrow I have to do a gastroscopy, because from December I spit blood after dinner. I am a bit scared of what the results could be.
Gastroscopy? Around here we call that an endoscopy. I had one of those a couple years back because they needed to do a biopsy for a possible infection. It was really strange, and they went all the way through my stomach to the upper bit of my duodenum. The procedure itself isn't that big of a deal, I did it completely without any sedatives, just a little anesthetic for the tongue. Just remember that they know where it's going and it's small enough not to get lost and you should be fine. Assuming you haven't much of a gag reflex.

The bigger issue is what's causing the bleeding. I was personally fortunate enough not to have an ulcer, but I definitely wish you good luck.
WrathOfTheAngels: Tomorrow I have to do a gastroscopy, because from December I spit blood after dinner. I am a bit scared of what the results could be.
hedwards: Gastroscopy? Around here we call that an endoscopy. I had one of those a couple years back because they needed to do a biopsy for a possible infection. It was really strange, and they went all the way through my stomach to the upper bit of my duodenum. The procedure itself isn't that big of a deal, I did it completely without any sedatives, just a little anesthetic for the tongue. Just remember that they know where it's going and it's small enough not to get lost and you should be fine. Assuming you haven't much of a gag reflex.

The bigger issue is what's causing the bleeding. I was personally fortunate enough not to have an ulcer, but I definitely wish you good luck.
thank you :)
WrathOfTheAngels: thank you :)
No worries, the procedure itself is less of a big deal than people make it out to be. And usually they'll have at least a preliminary before you leave.
Zchinque: That red card was a joke. And while yes, Barca were the better side, Arsenal were in a winning position when RVP was sent off. As soon as that happened I knew there was no way Arsenal would advance.

And I can sympathize with being screwed over by poor refereeing - I'm a Manchester United supporter, it's happened to us in the three last meetings against Chelsea. :/
What's with the officiating in general this year? I've been watching for nigh on two decades now, and I really can't recall a season in which so many games were altered/decided by gaffes. I know it's a difficult job. But, at the same time, the folks officiating top flight games are supposed to be the best of the best. Remedial training! Get on it, FA!
The auto shops are all full up and I need to get oil change. X.X

Not kewl.
MGShogun: The auto shops are all full up and I need to get oil change. X.X

Not kewl.
Thats easy to do though, just grab a haynes manual and follow it.