It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title: Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
Genre: Adventure
Discount: 25% off for the owners of Sam & Max Save the World until 25th January 2022, 2 PM UTC.
low rated
wolfsite:
Great thanks!

Continuity doesn't seem like a critical component of Sam and Max so Hit the Road then whichever comes after.

Not sure what is so controversial about something as simple as this, but it seems to have triggered quite a few people. Probably a good time to bow out from this forum.

Appreciate the advice.
AB2012: Hard pass. I bought the original trilogy for £5.97 during the 2014 fall sale. Good games, but charging almost £50 (edit: actually almost £60 if you want the "DLC" soundtracks that came for free with the originals) for the same three 12-16 year old games because of a wafer thin coat of paint (that doesn't even look any better than the originals) is taking the p*ss...
£50? I paid $23 CDN for this remaster, which should be around £14.I booted up my VPN and changed my location to UK. The price the GoG store gave me was 15.49.
Post edited January 12, 2022 by J Lo
wolfsite:
ShadowWulfe: Great thanks!

Continuity doesn't seem like a critical component of Sam and Max so Hit the Road then whichever comes after.

Not sure what is so controversial about something as simple as this, but it seems to have triggered quite a few people. Probably a good time to bow out from this forum.

Appreciate the advice.
Basically in the remaster of the first game or whatever one wants to call it the devs and studio full on lied about censoring and altering the game contents even when called out over it on social media tell they no longer could deny it.. It basically pissed everyone off and more so when both sides started playing the blame game and saying''We didn't know it was censored and actors changed it must have happened after we finished or after the last build'' basically making up excuses that make no sense whatsoever .. Thus for example me a possible buyer would have at least been willing to get the game if they was honest but do to lies won't get the games as a result unless maybe they are dirt cheap now ..Even then thats a big maybe as I hate censorship but I hate lied to aswell so when they are mixed together I am am more against getting a game ..
Post edited January 12, 2022 by BanditKeith2
J Lo: £50? I paid $23 CDN for this remaster, which should be around £14.I booted up my VPN and changed my location to UK. The price the GoG store gave me was 15.49.
I said for all three games. £19.29 per remaster (including the "DLC" soundtracks because that's the same 'like for like' content the originals came with) x3 games = £57.87. An almost 10x price increase from £5.97 (£1.89 + £1.89 + £2.19) again for all 3 original games bought only a few years ago...
J Lo: £50? I paid $23 CDN for this remaster, which should be around £14.I booted up my VPN and changed my location to UK. The price the GoG store gave me was 15.49.
AB2012: I said for all three games. £19.29 per remaster (including the "DLC" soundtracks because that's the same 'like for like' content the originals came with) x3 games = £57.87. An almost 10x price increase from £5.97 (£1.89 + £1.89 + £2.19) again for all 3 original games bought only a few years ago...
I misunderstood, my apologies.
wolfsite: There is also a 90's Saturday Morning cartoon that ran for one season which does have a number of good episodes considering the time space.
Breja: And let's not forget that it was the comics that started it all.
Comics were never available in my area growing up so I honestly never learned about them until later so the cartoon was honestly my first experience with Sam & Max, Should look into getting a hold of a collection book or something to give them a shot.
ShadowWulfe: Continuity doesn't seem like a critical component of Sam and Max so Hit the Road then whichever comes after.
Actually, THERE IS some continuity between the games in the Telltale trilogy (and obviously between the chapters in the same game). Characters introduced in the first season for example, not only come back but are sometimes more important in the second season. The third season also begins because of something that happened in one episode of the second season.

TL;DR: play the Telltale trilogy in order... like you already would.

The only changes you might want (if you can't get used to an older UI) are to postpone Sam and Max Hit the Road until after the trilogy, or to skip it altogether. That would be regrettable because it's still a great adventure.
ShadowWulfe: Wishlisted for now.

Where exactly do I start with Sam and Max? My only experience with it is from Jedi Knight.
wolfsite: Sam & Max: Hit the Road is the original game and a great place to start, that is followed up by the Telltale games (Save The World, Beyond Time and Space, The devil's Playhouse), however the original versions are not available with the re-releases the only option, though as you can see these ones are controversial due to changes made by the new developer.

The only other game is Sam & Max: This time it's Virtual which is a VR only game

There is also a 90's Saturday Morning cartoon that ran for one season which does have a number of good episodes considering the time space.
The original versions of Save the World and Beyond Time and Space come with the new versions. You get both in Standard Edition and Game + Soundtrack Bundle.
wolfsite: Sam & Max: Hit the Road is the original game and a great place to start, that is followed up by the Telltale games (Save The World, Beyond Time and Space, The devil's Playhouse), however the original versions are not available with the re-releases the only option, though as you can see these ones are controversial due to changes made by the new developer.

The only other game is Sam & Max: This time it's Virtual which is a VR only game

There is also a 90's Saturday Morning cartoon that ran for one season which does have a number of good episodes considering the time space.
rbstego: The original versions of Save the World and Beyond Time and Space come with the new versions. You get both in Standard Edition and Game + Soundtrack Bundle.
Thanks for the update.
BrianSim: Even without any censorship, increasing the price +800% for a graphical downgrade ( Original 2007 vs Remaster 2021) is stretching credibility of these YAUR's (Yet Another Unnecessary Remaster) to the limit.
The censorship was bad, absolutely, but let's not pretend that's a "graphical downgrade." The remaster is definitely a nice visual upgrade, it's night and day.
low rated
AB2012: Hard pass. I bought the original trilogy for £5.97 during the 2014 fall sale. Good games, but charging almost £50 (edit: actually almost £60 if you want the "DLC" soundtracks that came for free with the originals) for the same three 12-16 year old games because of a wafer thin coat of paint (that doesn't even look any better than the originals) is taking the p*ss...
Sure for that price point it's a steal but I disagree it's a thin coat of paint. There's widescreen support, achievements, controller support, high resolution textures and a new lighting system.

The sliders at the bottom explains it better than I can
https://skunkapegames.com/samandmax/season2/

BrianSim: snip
StingingVelvet: The censorship was bad, absolutely, but let's not pretend that's a "graphical downgrade." The remaster is definitely a nice visual upgrade, it's night and day.
Agreed.

Going to buy this right now. I'm a sucker for well done remasters like this.
high rated
Swedrami: Any "sanitisation" going on here as well, like with the remaster of the first episode, Save the World?
They are still using the crappy new voice-actor for Bosco, because the re-release devs have a problem with the last voice-actor's skin color.

They claim that there were no rewrites this time, though of course that's what they claimed last time.
low rated
opticq: Going to buy this right now. I'm a sucker for well done remasters like this.
Very few remasters are clear upgrades IMO, but other than the handful of cut lines I thought Season One was. This one supposedly has no cut lines, so I'm down for it for sure.
opticq: There's widescreen support, achievements, controller support...
The original has had widescreen support from the start (hardly surprising since they were made during 2006-2010 and are not "old" pre widescreen era games at all). Bosco's voice acting is a still a downgrade. I'd pay more to *not* have stupid achievements retroactively shovelled into older games (and GOG offline installer users can't even use them anyway). As for controller support, it's a point & click adventure game... If you want to buy it then go ahead, but please don't make up fake facts like "they added widescreen" (that was already there...)
I find it funny than in a niche genre as the point n click adventure there is so much gatekeeping with the re releases. Sam and Max season 3 is the best thing Telltale has ever done and I don't think that minimal changes can alter that fact.