It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well where is it?
25 years in the making, I guess we can wait a little while longer. I guess.
fr33kSh0w2012: Well where is it?
Option A: They will launch a (mostly) feature complete gog version that has crossplay enabled - in which case you're probably not going to see it here for another half a year, and that's a generous estimate. Since the Steam version requires a Bethestard account for multiplayer, chances are that the same will be true of the prospective gog version, which the userbase here probably won't take too kindly to.

Option B: They'll simply strip out multiplayer for the gog version - in which case you'd have been better off getting it on Steam in the first place, since the singleplayer component of the Steam version is DRM-free anyway.
Hey these things take time, and they need to cross their eyes and dot the teas.
high rated
So I just had a short talk on Twitch with one of the people working on the KEX engine. Here's the short chat:
Berzerk2k2: Are you a dev at Nightdive or something? If so I would ask you about something. Maybe you could give me some more info.

Altazimuth: I work on Kex engine games, yes.

Berzerk2k2: Cool.

Berzerk2k2: So the thing I would like to ask is when the enhanced edition update will arrive on GOG. A team member has announced already that it will be there but unfortunately since that announcement happened there has been radio silence regarding any news. Some people over there are already starting to feel overlooked and/or forgotten so if you could give me any new info about why the update hasn't arrived yet it would be very nice. Is it because you need a Bethesda account for add-on stuff and multiplayer or is there any other reason why it has not arrived yet?

Altazimuth: It's being worked on. The situation with the GOG version is a bit complicated.

Altazimuth: I don't feel I can go into further detail, sorry. I'd hope there's word from Bethesda or id some time soon, but I have no idea if there will be.

Berzerk2k2: So in other words we can't expect the update to appear any time soon?

Altazimuth: Don't expect one, no.
Berzerk2k2: *snip*
AAAAAARGH!

Edit: AAAAAAAAARGH! >:/
Post edited August 29, 2021 by TheDudeLebowski
Obviously the situation is a "bit" complicated, we're talking about the same guys who have never released a very important hotfix for Forsaken Remastered on GOG since 2018.
Alexim: Obviously the situation is a "bit" complicated, we're talking about the same guys who have never released a very important hotfix for Forsaken Remastered on GOG since 2018.
What hotfix exactly? All I can find for this game was update 1.4.1 and that one is included in the GOG version.
Alexim: Obviously the situation is a "bit" complicated, we're talking about the same guys who have never released a very important hotfix for Forsaken Remastered on GOG since 2018.
Berzerk2k2: What hotfix exactly? All I can find for this game was update 1.4.1 and that one is included in the GOG version.
There's a small and seemingly insignificant addition missing from that patch, but it prevents you from unlocking the true ending, the last level of the game, the extra pilot, and consequently all related achievements:

Update: 14/08/2018

* Fixed an issue with Old Power Station that prevented the second secret from being counted
* Vulkan is now dynamically loaded so it's no longer a requirement to have Vulkan installed unless you select it. Fixes support for legacy drivers.
Alexim: There's a small and seemingly insignificant addition missing from that patch, but it prevents you from unlocking the true ending, the last level of the game, the extra pilot, and consequently all related achievements
I can't find any official patch notes anywhere. You got a valid source for this hotfix somewhere?
Alexim: There's a small and seemingly insignificant addition missing from that patch, but it prevents you from unlocking the true ending, the last level of the game, the extra pilot, and consequently all related achievements
Berzerk2k2: I can't find any official patch notes anywhere. You got a valid source for this hotfix somewhere?
Yes it's on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/668980/view/4040248138383523906
Post edited August 29, 2021 by Alexim
Berzerk2k2: I can't find any official patch notes anywhere. You got a valid source for this hotfix somewhere?
GOGdb lists the latest update date as August 13th, 2018. While that hotfix date is for the 14th.

The dates are rather close and make me wonder if the gog version is missing the hotfix or not. Has anyone played through the gog version and confirmed this I wonder?
Grab a seat people, this seems it will take a "while".
Lucian_Galca: GOGdb lists the latest update date as August 13th, 2018. While that hotfix date is for the 14th.

The dates are rather close and make me wonder if the gog version is missing the hotfix or not. Has anyone played through the gog version and confirmed this I wonder?
Yes, I have personally tested it and several other people were already aware of it. The developers are also aware of it, but they have always postponed the arrival of the update to a distant imaginary future.
Berzerk2k2: The situation with the GOG version is a bit complicated.
The eternal complications. Nobody wants to support GOG since sales are tiny compared to Steam. *dies*

pds41: Basically, whatever GoG do would upset someone
Yes, but at least we can get an adrenaline or dopamine or something rush from rrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggging. (but despite all our rage we're still just onions in a cage)
Post edited August 29, 2021 by tfishell